All things PUMPKIN

Options
missmayeb
missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
As we near fall and with the return of the pumpkin spice lattes I am craving anything pumpkin. Put down some of your favorite recipes or ideas for using pumpkin.

My favorite is spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, mix and bake as muffins. They are super moist and ooooooh so yummie.

Replies

• fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe from the Hungry Girl website, for the cereal muffins:

HG's Surreal Cereal Muffins
    1/12th of recipe (1 muffin): 110 - 130 calories, 1.5 - 3g fat, 170 - 200mg sodium, 22 - 26g carbs, 1 - 2g fiber, 11 - 12g sugars, 1 - 2g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Ingredients:
    1 box Betty Crocker Cereal Muffin Mix (any variety)
    1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin OR 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) club soda

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with foil baking cups.

In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix with EITHER the pumpkin OR the club soda. (NOT BOTH, and don't add ANYTHING else!) Stir until completely smooth and uniform.

Evenly distribute the mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. Sprinkle with all of the cereal topping (which comes in a separate packet in the box), and press lightly to help it adhere.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 13 - 18 minutes. Enjoy!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Cookies recipe – 59 calories

Ingredients:
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1 cup margarine or butter, softened
    1 egg
    1/4 cup ground flax seeds
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1/2 cup Splenda granular
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. In a large bowl, beat the margarine, sugar and Splenda until light and fluffy.
    3. Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla; blend well.
    4. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
    5. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
    6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes (or until light golden brown around the edges).

Servings: 60 cookies

Nutritional information for one serving:
    Calories: 59
    Calories from fat: 30
    Total fat: 3.4g
    Cholesterol: 3mg
    Total carbs: 6.9g
    Protein: 0.8g
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat this delicious recipe called "pumkin fluff" It has a whole tub of fat free cool whip, a sugar free vanilla instant pudding packet and a can of pumkin. It is yummy. It tastes like pumpkin pudding. :)
  • hollymintz
    Options
    could you post the recipe for the pumpkin spice muffins? how big of a can of pumpkin and how long do you bake them?
  • fitmek
    Options
    I eat this delicious recipe called "pumkin fluff" It has a whole tub of fat free cool whip, a sugar free vanilla instant pudding packet and a can of pumkin. It is yummy. It tastes like pumpkin pudding. :)

This sounds amazing! Is the pudding vanilla? Small or large packet?
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    These sound great! Family circle has some good ones out this month too. www.familycircle.com/pumpkin
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    could you post the recipe for the pumpkin spice muffins? how big of a can of pumpkin and how long do you bake them?

Most of these types of recipes you go by the directions on the cake mix box for baking-so whatever the mix says for temp and time. The can is probably your standard can size-around 16oz maybe if you're in the US.
  • fitmek
    Options
    Another Hungry Girl recipe....Complete and Udder Oatmeal Insanity ! :)

This is, HANDS DOWN, the world's CRAZIEST and most delicious bowl of guilt-free oatmeal!!!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 179 calories, 3.5g fat, 367mg sodium, 40g carbs, 11g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Ingredients:
    1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Regular
    1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
    1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
    2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
    1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
    1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
    5 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
    dash salt

Directions:
    Place all ingredients except for Reddi-wip in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and stir. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and then continue to cook in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds. Once oatmeal has thickened, remove bowl from the microwave. Add the Reddi-wip, and stir well. Then enjoy the best bowl of oatmeal you've EVER tasted!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Roasted with other veggies, garlic then cracked corriander seeds and goats cheese. Divine.
  • tift0918
    Options

This sounds amazing! Is the pudding vanilla? Small or large packet?
    [/quote]

**use vanilla pudding and yes it is amazing!!! i just use the small sugar free packet of instant vanilla - eat it with apple slices or reduced fat vanilla wafers - it is FABULOUS!!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add pumpkin and cinnamon to pancake mix....yum pumpkin pancakes!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • missmayeb
    Options

Most of these types of recipes you go by the directions on the cake mix box for baking-so whatever the mix says for temp and time. The can is probably your standard can size-around 16oz maybe if you're in the US.

HAHAH these are CHEATER pumpkin muffins and completely VEGAN! Just a 15 oz can of pumpkin and a standard spice cake. Mix these together until completely moist. Line your cupcake pan with liners and fill. Fill them all the way up do not use a second pan. Cook at 350 for 18-20 minutes. You can add spices if you want or banana/chocolate chips etc. even a different cake mix.

Super easy. Super moist.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love mixing 1 cup of cottage cheese with a half cup of pumpkin. Then you add a little splenda and some cinnamon and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice if you have it) It tastes like the filling from a pumpkin Pie.

Also if anyone is trying to watch carbs you can use a box of sugar free yellow cake mix with one can of pumpkin and a little pumpkin pie spice for a different variation of the muffins as well :-)
  • missmayeb
    Options
    Roasted with other veggies, garlic then cracked corriander seeds and goats cheese. Divine.

Holy beggibus. I am almost in heaven with this one.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've been loving Eggo's seasonal pumpkin waffles lately... 100 calories each.

I'd love to make my own and put them in the freezer. Anyone have a good, healthy pumpkin waffle recipe? Or do I need to stock up on Eggos? lol
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2-Minute Pumpkin Pie 75 CALS.. And several other low cal treats:-)

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/10-mouthwatering-low-calorie-desserts?page=2
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I add pureed pumpkin from a can in things! It's my latest obsession.

I'll make "pumpkin pie oatmeal" or "pumpkin spice smoothies" just add pumpkin, banana, and soaked dates with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, and it is yummy n delicious!
  • jtslim42
    Options
    OMG!!! I LOVE everything Pumpkin as well!:drinker: