Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What does a woman really want for her birthday

Replies

• what i DON"t want.. my last birthday i got a pair of wire cutters.. do NOT buy me wire cutters.. i do not want an office chair. i do not want stinky perfume. i do not want you to go out the day of my birthday and pick up anything that is close to you.

i want someone to take me out on a date.. someone mentioned.. to do all the detail work.. take care of the kids.. make arrangements.. dress up.

if it was a gift.. i want something someone has picked out for me... i love fabrics and beads and yarn.. magazine subscription.. i would love a basket of craft supplies.. picked out carefully.. with thought..

just knowing there was thought behind something.. anything would be nice..

i havent been on a DATE in 14 years. we always have the kids with us.. and i have to to plan every vacation, every dinner out, every dinner in... etc.

would be nice to have someone take care of me for one day. (damn .. even when i have had surgery.. i have had to get up the next day and do stuff.. or drive somewhere.. or go grocery shopping (not recommended after foot surgery btw!.. shoe full of blood and me nearly passing out at the market! lol)).

well,, that was a rant..
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    I have two different options that I like a lot.

1. I am often saving up for things that cost $600-1000k. I don't want you to buy me that because I'll feel guilty when I can't/don't spend that much money on you. I would much rather have a donation towards my dream item than any amount of trinkets.

2. I love to play board, card and video games. I want you to play games with me all day! Mario party isn't as much fun by myself. Then let's go on some 30 min walks throughout the day so I have a chance to move. Knowing I got my exercise makes me feel even better yet!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    mind blowing sex AND diamonds!!!! you said honest.... id also like a 6pak if money is not a factor as I am classy
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

^^^^ This, I whole haeartedly agree! I've been asking for a date night for weeks now!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Personally I'd be happy with my bf doing something with me/for me and preferabbly one of those things he's been saying we'd do for ages... like the hike/mountain climb he's been talking about for over a year... or the hotel weekend of going out dancing and checking out stores and shows etc, or going down hill mountain bike riding or going with me or my ultimate day out (shooting complex, indoor go-karting & a pub lunch topped off by a car cruise) rather than going to do all those things with his buddies...

sorry that turned into a bit of a rant
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I got smart and just started telling my husband what exactly I wanted. It saves disappointment and it helps him out a lot!
    This past year I asked for a gift card to my favorite spa (a bit pricey) and of course he took me to dinner and gave me a sweet card. As much as he tries, he is just clueless when it comes to gift giving so it is much easier this way!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I like experiences better than things. I would love a big adventure! Totally planned to the detail. (cus plans = love)
    Maybe hiking In New Zealand, or a hot air ballon ride in Egypt! An African Safari! Spending a week living with a tribe in thenRainForest!
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    For my recent birthday my boyfriend gave me a few presents, but honestly the part I loved the most was just walking together at the local park during night and he wrote this really sincere card that just brought a little tear to my eye. I really couldn't care less about the material gifts.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    what i DON"t want.. my last birthday i got a pair of wire cutters.. do NOT buy me wire cutters.. i do not want an office chair. i do not want stinky perfume. i do not want you to go out the day of my birthday and pick up anything that is close to you.

i want someone to take me out on a date.. someone mentioned.. to do all the detail work.. take care of the kids.. make arrangements.. dress up.

if it was a gift.. i want something someone has picked out for me... i love fabrics and beads and yarn.. magazine subscription.. i would love a basket of craft supplies.. picked out carefully.. with thought..

just knowing there was thought behind something.. anything would be nice..

i havent been on a DATE in 14 years. we always have the kids with us.. and i have to to plan every vacation, every dinner out, every dinner in... etc.

would be nice to have someone take care of me for one day. (damn .. even when i have had surgery.. i have had to get up the next day and do stuff.. or drive somewhere.. or go grocery shopping (not recommended after foot surgery btw!.. shoe full of blood and me nearly passing out at the market! lol)).

well,, that was a rant..

I giggled out of empathy. Okay maybe not empathy, my husband hasn't done something that bad yet but we've only been married 5 years.. he still has time.

To the OP -- I think it's clear:

Take initiative. Most girls hate having to come up with the reservations, the hotel, the location, the entertainment, the way to dress, the mood, the theme, the gifts, the tips, place. We may not all live in England, but a lot of us still want to be treated like we are princesses. Treat her like one. Might feel corny for you to do things you see from movies... but they make those for girls for a reason... we like that kind of sappy ****.

Maybe not be vocally cheesy, but let the night just be very put together. From the time she is getting ready (have a sweet sentimental gift that means something to you both ready for her before she leaves through the door) to the time you get back home (whatever happens after midnight is up to HER) have no minute unplanned. But leave the plans open enough that if she wants to bail or do something else, you can. It doesn't have to be crazy elaborate, but know that if you have to wait for tables... knwo where to take a romantic walk.

Anyways... like all the others said :)
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    What does a woman really want for birthday from her BF/Husband?

Real estate.

Lol Isn't that from Charlie Brown??
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    I got smart and just started telling my husband what exactly I wanted. It saves disappointment and it helps him out a lot!
    This past year I asked for a gift card to my favorite spa (a bit pricey) and of course he took me to dinner and gave me a sweet card. As much as he tries, he is just clueless when it comes to gift giving so it is much easier this way!

To all the beautiful and wonderful ladies that have participated in this thread. It has been truly amazing reading the varied responses from each of you. This reminds me of the movie, starrring Mel Gibson "What Women Want". Oh, I wish that I could listen to their thoughts. But the bottom line is that we are programmed and built so differently.

I believe that a birthday is important to remember and to truthfully think about making that person feel special. There are many different ways to show it. I love this statement that as much as you communicate with him, he is still unaware of those wishes. The craziest thing is that most guys don't have money when they first meet, get married. Strange that they don't plan a date and get something meaningful.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    a timeout from everyday crap, routine and world.
  • fairestthings

To all the beautiful and wonderful ladies that have participated in this thread. It has been truly amazing reading the varied responses from each of you. This reminds me of the movie, starrring Mel Gibson "What Women Want". Oh, I wish that I could listen to their thoughts. But the bottom line is that we are programmed and built so differently.

I believe that a birthday is important to remember and to truthfully think about making that person feel special. There are many different ways to show it. I love this statement that as much as you communicate with him, he is still unaware of those wishes. The craziest thing is that most guys don't have money when they first meet, get married. Strange that they don't plan a date and get something meaningful.

I'm not pointing fingers, and I actually adore my MIL and FIL, but I do think that (and I could be wrong, so no one attack me!) parents teach their sons how to properly court and woo a girl. My husband was, and still admits to being, clueless on how to romance me. He wants to very badly, and sometimes I even spell it out for him (out of pity... despite the fact that one thing about romance is not having to tell someone to do it LOL)... but he doesn't get it most of the time. I'm sympathetic then to his efforts, but I do wish parents raised their sons more to be more romantic and not so macho.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    If money is not an problem take her to Paris
  • fairestthings

YES
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    That is actually a great idea. I was taken to Seattle for my birthday a couple of years ago. Great city, but Paris is a great place to travel.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    It would depend on the people involved... if she likes her alone time...a day being pampered at the day spa, or a few days at a resort spa

if she enjoys time spent with you...sign up for a COUPLES cooking/dancing class

What ever gift you give should be preceded by flowers and mushy card, and followed by a nice dinner prepared for her (by you or out)
  • A sunset picnic on a beach, long making out sessions and needs to tell me how much he loves me over and over gain :heart: :love:

*Taking notes**:bigsmile: :heart:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    I want money. And to be left alone.

:laugh:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    My husband and I don't give tangible items for birthday/Christmas/anniversary - we go to an NFL game every fall as our gift to each other. We have a wonderful weekend spending time together and get to watch some awesome football while we're at it. But, I do love a good card on those holidays :)