Well that was rather rude !!!

Options

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I can understand your frustration. It's like people have forgotten to be grateful almost like they expect to be catered too, but you can't change your goodness or who you are to fit these bad apples dear.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.

i wouldn't be shocked at all. Not in the current world we live in.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.

I haven't lost faith in humanity. It's the expectation that people have that bugs me. They think it's a right that others should be polite when somebody else is kind. Again, it's an entitlement. Would it have been nice if the lady said thank you? Sure. But like others have said on here, she has no idea what was going on in that lady's life at the moment. She just made the assumption that because she didn't get the thank you she deserved, the lady was rude.

MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!! MANNERS!!!!!!!!

MANORS ARE BIG HOUSES!!!

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I can't stand rudeness...common courtesy is no longer common so I completey side with the OP here.

you assume it was rudeness. maybe it was. or maybe she was just told she has cancer. why assume in the negative?
  • jkdorf
    Options
    Very well put. Doing the good deed should be the reward in itself.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I held the door for a man the other day, he walked through to another set of doors and I was right behind him and he just let the door shut on me. SO RUDE. :noway:

Why would you hold the door for him? He should have opened and held BOTH doors for you!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Im all about manners. She sounds like a C**t
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Karma is BS... manners are not.

The poster is quite right. I'd still have done it but I would be annoyed, I would have given her the finger at the very least...
  • shan1204
    Options
    Manners cost nothing. A simple thank you would have been the polite well mannered thing to do.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    At least she didn't cuss you out for stopping her and making her late. Forgive her rudeness. She obviously was in a hurry in the first place.

How about I just thank you for her?

Thank you for being so kind and considerate. :flowerforyou:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.

i wouldn't be shocked at all. Not in the current world we live in.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.

I haven't lost faith in humanity. It's the expectation that people have that bugs me. They think it's a right that others should be polite when somebody else is kind. Again, it's an entitlement. Would it have been nice if the lady said thank you? Sure. But like others have said on here, she has no idea what was going on in that lady's life at the moment. She just made the assumption that because she didn't get the thank you she deserved, the lady was rude.

MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!! MANNERS!!!!!!!!

MANORS ARE BIG HOUSES!!!

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!!!

Glad someone pointed it out...
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just need a little vent !! Popped to the local village in my lunch hour to go to the bank and when I returned to the car park and sat in my car i noticed the car infront of me driving off but there was a handbag by the back wheel so i jumped out of my car and ran to the car with the bag in my hand (which was now near the car park exit!) and tapped on the window, the women put her window down and when i asked "is this your bag?" she said "oooooo yeah it is" shut the door and drove off !! no thank you !!! ooooo boiled my blood !!! x

should have held onto it and said prove its yours and offer a reward
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I can't stand rudeness...common courtesy is no longer common so I completey side with the OP here.

you assume it was rudeness. maybe it was. or maybe she was just told she has cancer. why assume in the negative?

This is exactly what I was going to say. If she was so flustered that she left her purse on the ground than why can't you assume that she was maybe flustered all around.

Maybe she just got fired or dumped, maybe she was at the mall picking up medicine for her extremely sick child.

If you get so upset because you don't get a thank you for doing a good deep than don't bother doing them.

I think we really know which person was being rude here.
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

assume the negative ? practice what you preach - cancer ? really ? what a lovely thought
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Maybe she was and unfortunately we will probably never know although I'm sure we will debate it in the next 10-11 pages. I have never been given news like that so I can't say that if this were the case (or something equally as awful) that I would react any differently in my distraction. I do stand by my assertion, though maybe not in this case. I don't let it stop me from doing nice things...I always enjoy the pleasant surprise when someone does respond with politeness :smile:
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS ^^^ Or, maybe someone she loved just died or was in an accident- you never know what is going on in a person's life. I get frustrated when I don't get a thank you when I do something nice for someone and then I try to remind myself that I have no idea what is going on in their life. I will never forget sitting at the bank when someone I love had passed away that morning and being told to, "HAVE A GREAT DAY!". I never wanted to get out of the car and punch someone else in the face as much as I did in that moment. I doubt I said thank you to the teller that day.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Meh...she may have just been in a hurry.

I do good things for people all the time....getting a thank you back is icing on the cake.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

assume the negative ? practice what you preach - cancer ? really ? what a lovely thought

you missed the point
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

This is exactly what I was going to say. If she was so flustered that she left her purse on the ground than why can't you assume that she was maybe flustered all around.

Maybe she just got fired or dumped, maybe she was at the mall picking up medicine for her extremely sick child.

If you get so upset because you don't get a thank you for doing a good deep than don't bother doing them.

I think we really know which person was being rude here.

please dont tell me you think im being rude ? im not so upset nor am i crying into my coffee, i was having a rant and I had deep down i reckon most people would have felt the same as i was - no matter what my day had been like i can 100% say i would have said thank you flustered or not, but thank you for you opinion :)
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

you missed the point

point missed maybe but like ive said no matter what i was going through i would have said thank you is my point
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    Meh...she may have just been in a hurry.

I do good things for people all the time....getting a thank you back is icing on the cake.

I didnt do it for a thank you, im just shocked she didnt think to say it - but maybe thats just me