30 day shred begining 1-1-10

Options

Replies

• RachelWuerch
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred dvd roughly 3x a week. I've always heard it's never good to do the same workout over & over again b/c you can exhaust those muscles & not be working others. It's a great dvd, but isn't working every muscle group.

I normally do the 30DS Monday, Wednesday, & Friday...and another workout dvd (usually from exercise tv) for the other 2 days of the week.

Just a suggestion.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    L2D8 done! Gradually getting easier....getting close to L3!! :noway:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just completed L2D5. It is getting easier each time. I had a hard time today because of my TOM and still feel pretty crappy but I didn't want to miss again. If I miss exercising too many days in a row it gets easier to quit completely. Hope you are all doing great today. See you Wednesday.
  • mschelle
    Options
    L2D9 done! One more day then L3!! :noway:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

WOW. YOu are rockin' the shred!! :drinker:
  • tamelab
    Options

Yoo-Hoo!! Great job! Tomorrow is L2D6 for me.
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys - I'm doing the Shred too and would love to join you all too!

I finished L2D9 today -- Day 19 overall.

Looking forward to starting L3 on Thursday.
  • mschelle
    Options

Thursday is my L3D1, too! We can cry together...LOL
  • mschelle
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, kandyjo and tamelab!
  • tamelab
    Options

Welcome. You are almost finished:happy: . Have you decided what you are going to do when you finish level 3? I'm thinking about one of the BL Boot Camp DVD's.
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Thanks mschelle and Tammy!

Tammy - I do have a "plan" when the 30 Days are up!

I get up at 5:00 to do my Shred so I can get it over with before the day starts. I'm going to continue getting up at 5am and do the Shred on Tuesday's and Thursdays (I work at my son's preschool those days) and then either Saturday or Sunday. And I'm going to rotate through the levels some how, just not sure exactly how.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, when I'm not quite as crunched for time, I'm going to start the Couch to 5K running program. Since those work outs take about 30-40 minutes (with warm up and cool down) they're better for day's I don't have to rush around getting Son#1 ready for the school bus and then Son#2 and me ready for preschool/work.

And then I'm going to have one day of "rest" - either Saturday or Sunday. Not sure and will probably depend on what's going on that weekend!

I've also heard a lot of good things about the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD and may pick that up - not sure though. I may wait on that until after my 12 week running program is done. Or if I get bored of the Shred.
  • mschelle
    Options
    Welcome. You are almost finished:happy: . Have you decided what you are going to do when you finish level 3? I'm thinking about one of the BL Boot Camp DVD's.

I think I'm going to check out the Boost Metabolism; I've done it before and remember it was very difficult (although, I am in better shape now :happy:)... and I thought I read something about another leveled program by the BL crowd....anyone remember the name?

I sure like the 20-30 minutes a day thing, but also think I need to start adding onto that or going longer. Either way, I want to stick with Jillian - she drives me [not just crazy] and it's working.
    And I'm going to rotate through the levels some how, just not sure exactly how.

I've considered that too, and may do it. It can help break up the day by doing one in teh mornign and one later on. I tried doing them back to back the other day and my arms are just too weak after one of them to make the other worthwhile. But a few hours rest makes a world of difference!

L2D10 DONE!!! Come on L3!
  • tamelab
    Options
    L2D6 done...It is definitely getting easier. I went up on weights today. I'm still not feeling 100% this week. I tried running after the Shred and just don't have it in me. Hopefully next week will be better. See ya'll Friday. Happy Shredding!
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Day 21: Level 3 Day 1 - Done!

Level 3 is definitely the most difficult of the three levels, but I do like it. There are a lot of "jump training" moves that were a bit too hard on my knees, so I followed Anita most of the way through.

There is NO WAY I could have done this with out building up from L1 & L2! And there are some that are just WAY to hard for me - the rock star jumps hurt my knee/calf so badly I'm going to have to find something else to do if I can't push through it.

You go girls! You too can get through this!
  • mschelle
    Options
    L3D1 done!

Holy crap! I am *drenched*. I thought my thighs could handle anything after all the squats and lunges in L1 and 2. I am either dehydrated (the exertion headache is another clue this may be the case)....or this is just that much more challenging. But, like pz5wjj, I *like* it! - way more than L2!!

The rock star jumps are very hard...I just did baby jumps, hoping to build up to it. I really like the jumping jacks with weights, though. I feel more stable doing them that way, for some reason.

I like the push up thing, too, but it will take me a few days to do as many as they do.

I can do this...it'll just take me a few days.
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    I just joined this site today. Before I joined I actually was on Amazon purchasing Jillian's dvds. I had the 30 day shred on my ONDemand and they took it off. I'm looking forward to actually being able to complete it!!

I'm really looking forward to using this site!!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Welcome, DoubleAA! I joined just after New Years and I love it here. Everyone is so supportive!
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Ok so I slacked again on the DVD but have hit them gym. So I am planning to start on fresh on 2-1-10 so that I feel motivated to keep it up all month - I am planning to do it in the morning since i see alot of you guys do it then and then are able to go on with your day.. However tonight I will be doing the video because my kids are sick so I can't take them to the gym. So I am on L1D7 (i think) - my calendar is at home. Anyhoo keep up all the good work !
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    L3D1 done!

Holy crap! I am *drenched*. I thought my thighs could handle anything after all the squats and lunges in L1 and 2. I am either dehydrated (the exertion headache is another clue this may be the case)....or this is just that much more challenging. But, like pz5wjj, I *like* it! - way more than L2!!

The rock star jumps are very hard...I just did baby jumps, hoping to build up to it. I really like the jumping jacks with weights, though. I feel more stable doing them that way, for some reason.

I like the push up thing, too, but it will take me a few days to do as many as they do.

I can do this...it'll just take me a few days.

I like the jumping jacks with weights much better too - don't know why though! I'm still doing the push ups on my knees - but I can do them now! I may have to try some the proper way eventually. :ohwell: And I can't do the sit ups. I'd like to blame it on the fact I had 2 c-sections, but my youngest son is 5, so I think I'm completely healed! LOL!

Well done on doing Day 3!
  • doob
    doob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I've been on MFP for awhile, starting on the iphone and now on here, this is my first post in the boards :smile:

I'm also doing 30DS. I'm on L1D6 and will be ready to move up a level maybe tomorrow :noway: I watched it this morning when I was finished shredding and like that it has a lot of different exercises from L1. I've stuck to it every day so far, and I'm loving the feeling of my muscles now that they are re-emerging from hibernation!