what was your small win for the day?

Options

Replies

• piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Small victory--

My friends wanted to go to the Chinese buffet for lunch. This is my favorite place to pig out. I was nervous going in that I would be able to find good choices that were also yummy and not have to just eat salad (which I hate). I also knew that we were going to a street fair tonight so I needed to leave calories for this evening as well.

I went, ate 1 cup of chicken and broccoli, one pan-fried dumpling, and 1/2 a cup of rice noodles and was able to stop at that point. I totally resisted the urge to go and fill a second plate with fried goodness.

I am really proud of myself. A week ago, I would never have done that.

Oh my gawd, that is awesome. Buffets are my weakness. I seriously cannot even control myself. You are awesome - you should feel great!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    i want to celebrate the small wins we do everyday because everything we do adds to oru success...

today, i was craving something/anything from the vending machine.. but i ate an apple instead... it was so depressing lol but now (2 hours later) i'm feeling really good :)

what's your small win? :happy:

I burned 1200+ cals and biked 12 miles ( toward the 200 mile challenge) I feel pretty good about myself today :D
  • kellyo15
    Options
    I had three separate classmates of mine come up to me today and ask to join me at the gym when I go so that I can teach them how to use weights and how to do my workouts :) Made me feel pretty darn good about myself!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not crying in a store dressing room.... :happy:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound twisted on a weight loss site but the fact that I didn't give into wanting to exercise. I'm on a workout break due to a major 5 month weight loss stall. Trying to reset and start again!!Exercise is like crack!! :ohwell:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    was really craving breakfast for dinner, like a French Toast Slam from Dennys (haven't had a breakfast like that in about a year!) and decided to hold off until AFTER I do a long run on Sunday...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I know will sound twisted on a weight loss site but the fact that I didn't give into wanting to exercise. I'm on a workout break due to a major 5 month weight loss stall. Trying to reset and start again!!Exercise is like crack!! :ohwell:

Not twisted at all. It's good to know when to rest and recharge.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    I know this will sound twisted on a weight loss site but the fact that I didn't give into wanting to exercise. I'm on a workout break due to a major 5 month weight loss stall. Trying to reset and start again!!Exercise is like crack!! :ohwell:

Hahaha loove that
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I ate horribly today, however, I logged everything. One of my hardest hurdles has been being truthful about anything extra I ate. I had already decided that today was going to be a cheat day, but I logged everything. Every little thing. It may be small, but it's pretty big to me.
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My large victory was rather small in a sense. I went out to purchase some new jeans as none of mine fit any longer. I told the sales girl what size I was wearing and that I thought I'd need a few sizes smaller. She came back with 27's which translates to a size 6! I have NEVER been that small. The closest I ever got was a 9/10 ... Needless to say I cried. Thanks for asking.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I not only exercised today, I got in two sessions/types of exercise!

Another one was that at work today I literally RAN up the stairs from 2nd to 3rd floor and back and it was no big deal!

Ummmm... does that victory get negated because of the reason I ran up and down the stairs that way? One co-worker was holding the phone after putting in a multiple meal order and needed a credit card from another co-worker who was buying us all lunch today to finish it out. :blushing:
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sorta got hit on at the supermarket today. In my sweaty workout gear. And I was too shy and muttered something and walked away. BUT it still happened.

and

THE PLATEAU IS BROKEN!!!!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wanted to snack tonight, instead I had some strawberries and water to drink and told myself I was done eating for the day. Now I have to go to bed so I stick to that!
  • RebaYousif
    RebaYousif Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I avoided bad snacks and kept my meals portioned despite not having work and class today. I didn't cheat on my lazy day!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My large victory was rather small in a sense. I went out to purchase some new jeans as none of mine fit any longer. I told the sales girl what size I was wearing and that I thought I'd need a few sizes smaller. She came back with 27's which translates to a size 6! I have NEVER been that small. The closest I ever got was a 9/10 ... Needless to say I cried. Thanks for asking.

How exciting! You earned it!
  • john44111
    john44111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hit 222.2 this morining. A weight I havent seen for.. well longer than a decade and longer than I have kept records. I really dont know when the last time I weighed 222. I weighed 235 most of my 30s. Im still going too.. still burning off that fat.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ran farther than I did last time
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I actually have two wins for today! I was actually planning on going out and cheating on my healthy diet, but I called a friend who is helping me with my weight lose and she helped me go to the gym instead. My second win was that I completed the firs day of the couch to 5K app :D I ran for 8 mins. ( not one after another ) it aint much to most people but for someone who has never run for more than a min. a day its pretty big!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I went to dinner with my husband to Kyoto Steakhouse....(like a Benihanas). I ate 1/2 my entree and ordered extra veggies,( so I have 1/2 my dinner plus extra veggies) and I only ate 1/2 the fried rice...packed that up too.

AND refused dessert.

So now I get some nice teppanyaki for breakfast tomorrow...but best part is I was under my goal! Plus I stopped when I was full, and didnt keep eating cos it was tasting so good.

I am rather proud of myself atm.
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My win today:
    I'm in the longest plateau of my whole weight loss journey. But today I was weight and measured by trainer. I only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks....... BUT down 5% body fat and gained 2.5 pounds in lean tissue, plus down a inch in my abd's and chest. My trainer said that he could total see the difference in my arms. So even though I'm not seeing the scale down like I want to, I am encouraged by the measurements. Slowly breaking though this plateau. I call this a big win! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!