WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    1223467ngn04mnj39.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jake comes home tomorrow....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: .he goes midday to pick up his friend from the airport shuttle (and hour away) and then will take her to Trader Joe's......then he'll be able to come home. She'll be at her house for a few days, then her daughters will come and while they're all here, they'll get the new house sitter oriented so when they leave, someone else will be caring for the house, dogs, and horses.

:flowerforyou: This morning I walked the dogs, then helped Jake take one of his dogs to the vet, then walked Brandy and Sasha some more, then worked on my digging project until lunch time and after lunch practiced the dances I'll be teaching on Wednesday. I spent the early evening in company of great friends at a spiritual meeting.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: The graphics come from a great site called www.glittergraphics.com You can go there to find your own favorites or borrow mine by hitting quote on my post and then copying the code for the graphic and pasting it on your post or saving it on a document for use in the future. I learned all this from someone on MFP.

:heart: :yawn: Barbie from NW Washington

1925484spnm6tfcy2.gif
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    THANKS, Barbie~ reading your post again (and again really helps me get back on track! :flowerforyou:

i CAN DO THIS: i've lost weight before, i can do it again.....

if i set my mind to it, i CAN do it....

breaking the day down into segments helps me; drinking that blasted water really helps :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

gotta remember what Winston Chruchill said during WWII:

Never,Never, Never, EVER give up!!! :happy:

Blessings your way! :heart:

janie
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Musicgalme~ just curious~ were you a music teacher? :flowerforyou:

i am. right now on med leave for arthritis that set in as result of a fall last winter. going to PT 3X week, and it's killing me, but i know i will be BETTER for it! have taught elementary music for over 30 years; my first two teaching years were junior high choir. was a piano major, so i have done the piano studio gig as well, and of course, accompanying and playing for services at church.

feel free to add me to your friend list. i'll try my best to be a good one~ :wink:

Blessings to you! :smile:

Hang in there~ you ARE worth it! :heart:

janie
  • ShelleyStev
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 4th grade teacher and have lost 34 lbs...just 100 more to go. : ) Great topic!
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Evening all you ladies,
    just checking in tonight - had a rotten day (meetings @$^&%$# meetings). Village Council is back from summer hiatus and I had meetings from 5 pm until 9:30 no breaks, no lunch break, just managed to run home and feed and get the dogs out for a break. Needless to say, I did not eat well, or regularly, I'm tired and grumpy and going to bed rather than sit here and rant.

Hope everyone has a better night than me and we'll all use Amanda's energy positive thoughts for tomorrow.
    On a more positive note, Barbie I love, love, love the cat on the keyboard. Thanks for the chuckle.

Lila
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Margieparkins -welcome from ‘down under” glad to have you here! :bigsmile:

Liz- congrats on your 3 lbs loss. What ever works best for you with the scale, just do it. :smile: :smile:

DeeDee- do you have a re check scheduled with you doctor? Hope you are feeling better after that icky morning! Slow and steady esp as the flu germs are starting to propagate. Don’t get run down ,it will make you more susceptible to getting sick again! Nice that you took off a week for your self! Good for you! :drinker: :drinker:

Carolyn, I think a lot of us share the same mentality and this is why we are overweight. I don’t have any food off limits. I can eat it if I want to, I just have to account for the calories! You can lose the weight. Slow weight loss is the key. I know how you feel about it being so slow ,as we want it now! I lost 100+ lbs on optifast, very fast-but gained it all back. Now, I am doing it in a healthy way. :smile: :smile:

Lin- salmon is very heart healthy. I would recommend that wild Alaskan salmon vs the Atlantic farm raised salmon. Less chemicals in the wild salmon. I have not seen skinny pop at our Costco, but will look for it. Hope your dad is doing better. I will look up C-Diff tonight when I work. Seems to be common these days. C-Diff is a bacteria and it starts after taking antibiotics. More commonly in the elderly or recent hospital stay. There is a lot of information about C Diff , good sites are the Mayo Clinic.com or Web md. :flowerforyou: Just saw that Meg already gave you the info :drinker:

Yardtigress- welcome back, glad the show was good for you. Would love to see you jewelry. You will get back on track now that you are done with the show! :flowerforyou:

Ann- welcome. Many of us were also blinded by what our real weight is/was. Menopause has made the weight come on so much faster. You can lose the weight, just come back every day, log your food and your water, and exercise! Take one day, one step at a time. IF I had to think about the 100+ lbs that I need to lose I would eat myself into oblivion and not care at all. I just look losing 1-2 lbs /week and eating healthy. You can do it!!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Nancy, congrats on your fair wins! How fun that is to enter into the local fair and win prizes! I did that as a kid and it was so much fun. Glad the barbeque was a hit! What is spatchcocking a chicken? Ok I just read your reply to Michele, seems like I saw chicken prepared like this in Japan. :tongue:

Meg, thanks for the well wishes for my knee. I need a replacement. I can’t get one until I lose my weight, so it is a vicious circle. I have to use ½ of a norco to get through the exercise. I’ve got to start work inabout 15 mins and my r knee and hip are killing me from the exercise yesterday, but what’s a girl to do? We still have our taxes to do too! We are sorting out a problem with the social security office and the IRS. I had to get My local congressman to help me with this issue Duncan Hunters office has been very instrumental in helping us with this government issue. Post pictures of your new bike! I want one! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

Glendalight- thanks for the reminder about taking it slow. How lucky you were to find such great Md’s to help you on your journey! I also hate the after stuff when going to the pool. I see some ladies just wear a bath robe and just get ihome!n the car and do everything at home.:happy: :happy:

Kathy – hope your knee is feeling better R.I.C.E, REST, ICE ,COMPRESSION AND ELEVATE. Rest your knee, ice pack to the sore area, make sure you have a cloth barrier against your skin, then place the ice. Leave it on for 20 mins every hour.compression- ace bandage if it makes your knee feel better, elevate above heart level! Try this! Hope it helps your knee.Congrats on your weight loss! :drinker: :drinker:

Micki- congrats on your NSV. That must make you feel really good! Hope your neck is better after your chiro visit! I hope you have a good result on the scale in the am and you can go for a walk! :happy:

Lila, Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a great time with your sister! :drinker: :drinker:

Texasgal Teri- looks like you are doing well with your weight loss. How nice to have your grandson help you out! Hope Tuesday will be a better day for you! :tongue:

Cjspensly- at least you are only 2 lbs away for being overweight! Good for you!!! There is one more category after obese, morbidly obese! You have done a good job! :wink: :wink:

Jan congrats on your exercise and still being smoke free!!!!!! Good for you, you must be so proud of yourself!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Barbie, that is great advice about the exercise calories. You have to eat to burn! You are a trooper with your DH being gone for so long. I know that a part of you likes it, as I did when my DH worked out of town for a year. We would see each other on the weekends.Love the kitty on the keyboard! Yea, Jake comes home tomorrow!! :drinker: :drinker: :smile:

Michele- I bake the salmon in Reynolds wrap. I make the foil like a little edged cookie sheet, put some olive oil on the bottom, put the salmon in, put a litte more olive oil on top with spices. Then I put a tin foil lid on the top, not touching,but just crimped the sides(top/bottom) and cooked on 375 for 30 mins. I can out very moist and yummy! Hope your ankles have stopped swelling! Keep an eye on this! How do you keep the popcorn to stay ok,until Christmas. I used to do this when I was a kid, We would also add fresh cranberrys to the strand! :flowerforyou:

Gail, the cooking you have done sounds so yummy! My girls are so picky they would not eat most of what you made. Happy to hear that you are getting back to being a church family. I would like to find a church myself. The one we were going to is so huge that we didn’t like it. We tried a smaller church, but it is too clique! So, still looking! :ohwell: :ohwell:

Lentigogirl- hope that your aches and pains are better! Your yard is in better shape now and so are you! :laugh: :laugh:

Kate hope work has slowed down so you can take care of you!!! :ohwell: :ohwell:

Laura80111- hope you are getting a handle of sorting through your mom and dads things. Going through paper work is a lot of work, I have a few of my own boxes to go through and I just keep putting it off! Ugh :grumble: :grumble:

Cathyb60- wow is there no animal control where you live? So many feral cats? That seems like the health dept would be on top of that? :ohwell: :ohwell:

Junerbooner- happiness to you and your new grandbaby! :drinker: :drinker:

Gini- sounds like you had a nice weekend, Our dermatologist told us to take biotin to make our nails stronger! :bigsmile:

Robin sounds like you had a great trip, except for getting there! LOl . Glad that you are back! You will see your four legged fur people soon! :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Janie- thanks for the quote for Winston Churchill! You might want to ask your doc about Cymbalta it is awesome for taking away arthritis pain!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Amanda- how are you, and yes your positive words help all of us. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :smile:

My daughter and I went to the gym at 9:15 tonight, after I got off work. I was glad that she wanted to go, as I don’t think I would have gone tonight! Anyway, doi ng good, just logging, drinking water and exercising! Thanks for all of you ladies and the posts that keep me going. :heart: :heart:

Here’s to a great week, be kind and loving to yourself. One step at a time! Hugs, Linda :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning my lovely ladies and a big hello to all the newbies!

Didn't manage to post yesterday as I was busy, busy, busy. In fact I've had a very busy couple of days with a LOT of walking involved. I even walked all the way to Knightsbridge yesterday morning to have my hair cut, just next to Harrods. It took me about 70 minutes to walk, but I did get the tube back home as it was starting to drizzle. I had also done about 5 hours of walking with my sister and her little girl on Sunday. Great fun but today I have woken up with aches and pains everywhere! Ugh, getting older can be the pits (but is still better than the alternative!)

I have read all the posts and I'm not going to even attempt to try to write individual replies today - much to do at work.

This Friday I'm off on a Hen weekend (it's like a bachelorette party). My DD#2 is coming over from Germany and we will travel down with DD#1 to Dorset to meet up with 15 other ladies. The theme for the weekend is glamour and monkeys! Yes - this is the hen weekend for the girl who is getting married at Monkey World next month. Although I am (kind of) looking forward to it, I'm also (kind of) dreading parts of it. As a vegetarian teetotal, it may appear that I don't know how to let loose, but I will try my best! The only thing I'm really worried about is the cabaret club we are booked to go to on the Saturday night - male strippers are really not my idea of giggles! However, I shall go along with an open mind and if I have to retreat I will hide behind a camera and take photos of the girls having fun.

When I got my hair cut yesterday I was intending to get it cut a lot shorter, but in the end I just had 3 inches lopped off. All the years I hid behind extremely long hair and I have finally given in and now have shoulder length hair. I may get it cut shorter before the wedding - perhaps jaw length if I feel brave enough. Of course, DH complains that he prefers my hair long, but it's my hair so he'll have to get used to it.

Lordy, I must do some work!

Hugs and love to all.
    Amanda x
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies. It's almost 6 a.m. and I'm heading out to work. Wishing all of you a glorious day! Meg
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I have my tea and I'm ready to start the day. I want to go swimming today, then take my Mom to the eye doctor again. So today will be stressful, but I'm determined to stay on track.

Meg- have a great day at work or at least a day where you get to sit down a little more than yesterday. :happy:

Linda- thanks for the welcome back, but show season has just started and I need to do better, I can't let it get me off track. I looked at your salmon recipe. I cook mine in an air cooker, no added fat and it pulls the fat away from the food. I cut off the skin and put that in tin foil for the cats or else I don't get any salmon. :grumble:

Sorry folks are having knee problems, I know that is painful.

Amanda-I agree male strippers are not something I find sexy or even fun. Monkeys? Monkey world?:huh:

Well it is breakfast time and then to the pool, (after a 30 min wait and 17 min drive) then 1 hour or 2 of laps and lunch with my old boss. I will drive down to Mom's afterward and to the doctors office. Of course my Mom will want dinner on the way home. So salads with dressing on the side (maybe I'll bring my own) is in my future. Tigress
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Gail:smile: thank you much for the link to the soup recipe, it sounds yummy. I don't have a vitamix, but I have a immersion blender. Lots of great soup recipes on there with nutritional info too! Thanks again :flowerforyou: .

Bassgirl51:smile: happy belated birthday:flowerforyou: .

Nancy:smile: I never thought to use liquid smoke to poach salmon, I might have to give that a try.

Kate:smile: you'll get to that wall and start smashing it, just keep on your plan. I know it's irritating , I use it as extra motivation, I will be darn if those extra pounds win!!!!

Laura80111:smile: going down memory lane is sometimes good for the soul:flowerforyou: .

Junerbooner:smile: congrats on your new granddaughter:flowerforyou: !!! Congrats on another pound gone!!!!

Teri:smile: hope you got your steps in! I've got to buy myself a pedometer!!!

Tigress:smile: those 3 pounds will come back off, just keep on your plan!

Cathy:smile: hope the fundraiser was a success!!!

Kathy:smile: woo hoo another pound gone!!!

Glenda:smile: yay for you going to aquacise!!!!

Gini:smile: sounds like you had a nice time on your trip!

Stardancer:smile: those lessons learned the hard way are the ones that we don't forget!!!

Liz:smile: 3 games:noway: . Good for you sticking with hubby though!!!

Meg:smile: you should ger s pedometer to track your steps!!!! I'm going to get one, maybe this week!!!

Michele:smile: chocolate cake donuts YUM!!! I'm impressed your stringing popcorn for Christmas already!!! I'm getting ready to decorate the house for Halloween, my girls come over the night before Halloween for a little party and dinner, that way they can still go trick or treat on Halloween night. We have so much fun, I make them stick their hands in all kinds of stuff while their blindfolded, last year it was big grapes in warm water with a bit of oil, slimy eyeballs I called them, rice in cold water, nasty nits, and of course the wet noodles, worms....they laugh so much and I get great pictures!!!

Micki:smile: hope you're feeling better today:flowerforyou: !

Lin:smile: hope your tummy is feeling better today:flowerforyou: , stress can mess up everything!!!! I got to play with the puppy again yesterday, all babies are just so wonderful!!!

Polly:smile: good for you on your NSV drinking water!!!!

Robin:smile: glad you had a fun trip!!! GPS story is scary:noway: .

Wessecg:smile: no, you're not wrong, what Robin said!!!!

Barbie:smile: I do love your graphics!!!! Yay Jake will be home:heart::heart: :heart: !!!!!

Janie:smile: yes, you can do this!!! Just takes time and patience but you can do it!!!

Linda SundanceB:smile: I go the end of Sept. for a check, she told me to call earlier if I wasn't feeling better though. Goof for you getting your exercise in after work!

Amanda:smile: I had really long hair too, got it cut shoulder length about 8 months ago and I swear I looked younger and thinner!!! Have a great time this weekend with the hens!!!

I have a hair appt. this morning, YAY!!! My hair grows really fast too, I think it was Meg that said she goes every three weeks, I go every two weeks:blushing: . We do what we need to do to keep up our youthful appearance:wink::laugh: .

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: , come in often and chat with us, this is the best group of women on MFP!!!!!!!

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...after reading the posts this morning and realizing I am not in this alone I have found the ambition to head to the pool...finally after a few weeks of procrastinating...I too hate the "changing" after the pool. it's hard to be inconspicuous when you are not only large, but wet, and trying to get dry clothes in place on a large damp surface is an exercise in itself:blushing: So thank you ladies for this forum it really helps!
    The launch of Tuxedo Stan for mayor went very well, there were even some local polititians there. He's even on Facebook!
    Cathy
  • GoddessAmy
    GoddessAmy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What a lovely idea - focusin on doing something nice for others instead of only about me losing weight - I'm going to add that to my plan!

I'm closing in on 10, and my Sept goals are:

*Lose 4 lbs (or more, as I'm a beginner and don't want to be unrealistic)
    *Drink more water
    *Increase the proportion of Fruits/Veggies in my diet
    *Do something nice for someone else once a week withoug looking for any credit or thanks!

Thanks for the inspiration
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Kate, I hope you are feeling better today. Smash that wall! :explode:

Junerbooner – congratulations on your loss, and you gain! :drinker: Addallee sounds lovely.

JB, thanks for the pep talk. I am definitely on track from Monday to Friday (well, at least until I get home from the gym on Friday…:ohwell: )
    for
    This weekend is going to be a great one :happy: because we are going up to Kelowna my Dad’s 85th birthday party. All my sisters will be there, most of the brother’s in law and some of the grand-kids, including (oh joy) my own dear daughter. :smooched: I have not seen her since Christmas. It’s my birthday on Friday too.

Yes, my birthday on Friday. :flowerforyou: We do a cake & song thing at work and my cake appeared yesterday, 4 days early. The cake-giver said she found a fresh black forest cake on sale and there was no way it was going to sit in the fridge for a week. So we celebrate. I ate ½ a piece, recorded it on my menu plan and worked it off on the school run. So there, calories in-calories out!

Yardtigress, it’s just too bad you can’t make earings and walk at the same time! :laugh:

Go Glenda Go! Aquacise in the morning. :flowerforyou:

And Gini – Zumba? I’m tempted to try. What’s it like?

Stardancer, I can sympathize. I drink water all day and my classroom is about as far from the staff bathroom as it’s possible to be and still be in the school. I am pretty good at setting things up so I can slip out before I get desperate. :laugh: Oh yes, power walking! If I wore a pedometer I’d be sure to log a few extra steps that way.

Meg, I hope you are having another great day. :love:

Micki, I hope your back is feeling better, glad to know you are taking care of it.

Polly, re shoes (very important for me because of toe arthritis and to surgery) I have a couple of favorite brands – Siebel is one, expensive, German, and worth every penny! I am going shoe shopping while in the city this weekend & will post with any great finds.

Robin, your GPS adventures sound familiar, and fun (once over!)

Dang, it's time to get J'boy out of bed and move along, I am going to have to get up earlier in order to read all the posts and connect with you before I go to work.

Plan what you eat, eat what you plan. Move that beautiful body.

hasta pronto,

Nancy

September goals:
    No bedtime snacks, no second helpings!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    24 hours of exercise in the month. Total to date: 6.5 hours
    Be a role model of healthy living for my students.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Quick update----thanks Gail. I got what I needed this morning at the store and just made the soup in my Vitamix.

Carrot-Ginger-Tofu: yummmm. I did leave out the salt, cut back a little on the garlic and only had black pepper BUT STILL---it was good and my tummy says *thanks* for the freshly grated ginger.

Lin
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday:flowerforyou:

I posted a lovely post...hit "post reply" and have no idea where it went....then had 15 min where I couldn't even get back on MFP:sad:

Just know I'm thinking of you all.

Welcome to the newbies:flowerforyou:

Congrats to those that have lost:drinker:

Keep up the logging of your food, drinking of your water and keep on moving:drinker:

Just no time to repost it all. Have a good day all.

Laura80111
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Waiting for a verrrrry slow file to open, so I have a few minutes.

I got one of the contract jobs that came my way over the weekend!!!! YEAH!!! I'll be managing a project and directing 7 video shoots. The good news is it could snowball into a lot more work. Doing the happy dance:happy:

Nancy - I started Zumba last February a couple of times a week. Took a bit of a break over the hot, hot summer we had in Ohio, but my favorite instructor started back up last night. I LOVE it! I am not very coordinated, but I love to dance. He makes me sweat more than any other exercise I do and he makes it fun for us. After 45+ years of being overweight, my poor knees do not take much abuse, so I tone down the impact. You should see if there are any classes in your area.

Polly - they're not cheap, but I find Bjorn shoes to be very comfortable. I like Ariat too, but can't get them around here any more. I bought a pair of Ahnu shoes over the summer that I love too. I used to have very wide feet (they got skinner too!) and I used to have trouble with my feet (tendonitis) so I only wear "good" shoes.

So many good things happening in all your lives. My file is open, so I must go. Keep on keeping on ladies!

Gini
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am sitting down and elevating my knees and feet for the first time today! DH and I have been cleaning out the garage for the last 2 days and finally done!:happy: I'm too exhausted to write much but I do want to say that I did downsize a lot - tossing and donating.

Gini - Congrats on the job!

Nancy - Sounds like you have a great weekend planned with all the family!

Time to go ice! At least I drank plenty of water today! :drinker:

Kathy
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Tues.Feeling better.Have pt fri.Had to take a week off as I wasn`t feeling good.
    Doing better with the overeating at night.
    Love the idea about doing something nice for others.today I made some muffins for the 1 pastor and his wife.She recently had a fall.I love to bake.The best thing is I made the stuff and gave it away with out eating it.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the day!!
    Nice weather here>
    Hugs
    jane
  • peanuttyist
    Options
    HI....just joined yesterday so today was real first day ....still learning my way around. So far so good tho ! I have well over 100lbs to lose and I will make it...just no clue how long it will talk but I figure this is for the rest of my life....I usually eat clean but seems I have been eating more than I burn. Cuirrently working with the most awesome trainer and he suggested I try this plan. Hoping to give motivation as well as get mortivation. I serioulsy hope I do not have to be a teacher...do I ??? Anyway....hello to everyone and LETS ROCK !!
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gini and Nancy for the shoe brand recommendations. I'll start hunting around here for them. I am willing to pay $$ for good shoes if they are comfortable. That's one thing I decided not to skimp on a few years ago.

Got new glasses today :glasses: -- variable lenses, instead of regular old bifocals. "Berry" frames -- bright! My old black wire frames made me look old and tired. I decided that as long as I needed glasses to do just about anything, I might as well have fun ones. I wasn't kidding anyone by taking them on and off all day long, now was I??? :embarassed:

In the funny confession department, I bought some blueberries and raspberries on sale on Sunday and wanted to freeze them. I rinsed them, and then remembered that last time I did that, I froze them into a big chunk because they were all still wet. So, feeling so smug, I put a few paper towels on the cookie sheet, then spreaded the berries out in a single layer and slid it into the freezer to "freeze dry" them individually. I'm sure most of you are smarter than I am and can guess what happened when I tried to put the now-frozen berries into a ziploc bag. Each berry comes up with a little fleck of paper towel stuck to it! Doh!:mad: I was so mad yesterday when I tried to put them away that I shoved them back into the freezer and figured I'd deal with it later! (Never miss an opportunity to procrastinate.) When I got home today, I took a nap, and then tried again. They were more frozen this time and lifted off cleanly! Taaa-Daaaa! :bigsmile: For once, my procrastination paid off!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Got through my 4 glasses of water before I left school again today -- 2 days in a row. I'm on my way to a new good habit. :smile:

Time to fix dinner for DH before he head out to a City Council meeting to present awards to city residents for having beautiful yards. He made dinner last night for me (it was awful, but I didn't complain because he used to be a good cook so I know he has it in him). He claims he's completely baffled about what to cook since I've gone gluten free AND I'm counting calories. This isn't rocket science, is it???? I know I've avoided eating healthfully, thinking it was so much work, but after a few months I'm finding that it's actually quite simple. I've made a list of menu items and/or recipes to hang on the refrigerator, and I have several dinners ready-made in the freezer. What could I do that would make it any easier, I wonder....:ohwell: Still love the man for trying.

Off I go. Hope everyone had a great day today. Cheers for all the good things you did today, for yourselves, and for others. Keep smiling!:drinker:

Polly