Where were you 11 yrs ago today 9-11

Options

Replies

• LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had just sat down with a load of laundry to fold and turned on the tv as the first plane hit....I called a friend and we sat on our phones as the 2nd hit...Like so many others I was glued to the tv all day. Once my kids returned home I met them and asked them what they knew. My 2nd and 5th grader were aware and somewhat worried....but we had an exchange student from Japan at the time. Being a teenager and not from here she wasn't real concerned about what was going on....All she wanted to know was if she had to go back to Japan now....

I just remember the quite skies.......
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I was 8 years old and at school. The first plane hit not long before I was due to finish school for the day. I remember coming home and my mum showed me the news coverage. I remember very clearly being so so confused about what I was seeing, why it was happening and what this meant. 11 years later, I'm still confused about those same things.

I hope the victims of 9/11 are resting well.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    In fifth grade in my social studies class
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    under the rubble of tower two. i can still hear the sound of bodies hitting the ground,, still smell the smell.... still hear the sounds,... still hear the eery silence... still feel the uselessness. ....... noone to save..... theres still so many to be saved, ,,,,,, God Bless the USA.

wow. Im so sorry you had to experience that.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was in American Studies class my junior year of high school and they brought tv's into the classroom so we could watch the news. It was so terrifying! I'll never forget that day and how numb I was just going through the motions of the day.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    In Kuwait serving my country. That was a long terrible day for me and I'm still serving today at 14 1/2yrs.
  • LAWSBIGGAL
    Options
    I was breastfeeding my almost 1 month old in bed when the first hit, then I was sitting on the couch holding her and watching the news when the second hit.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    I was here at work, doing a surgery when a co-worker came in and told us about it.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was at the airport in Dallas waiting on my plane to take me to Newark for a business trip into the city. I was supposed to be in the North tower at 9 am that day but my son was sick the night before so I had to take a later flight. I will never forget being so scared for my co-workers and friends who didn't get delayed. Lost my best friend that day. I will always be thankful that my son was sick and kept me from being there though.
  • sharonbissett
    Options
    Asleep - It happened late evening OZ time... we woke up to the news - it was the strangest commute to work that morning - everyone looking at the melbourne skyline and wondering what if...
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I was at work. They immediately closed our office and we all had to go home. Streets were crazy.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I was in a paramedic class and after finding out, we all sat there glued to the tv. I felt so sad and violated as an American. Our country will never be the same after that day. Prayers for all of those affected and GOD BLESS THE USA!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    10th grade, english class
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was at school ... I'd just turned 10 years old. I came home that day to find out that two planes had crashed into the Twin Towers and all I remember thinking is "Oh my God".

Semper Fidelis, we will never forget you. RIP
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    in my math class.. i was a junior in high school at the time.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    In Kuwait serving my country. That was a long terrible day for me and I'm still serving today at 14 1/2yrs.
    Thank you for your service, sacrifice and God bless you!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I was at work. Penthouse suite on Madison Ave.

When I walked into my office, my coworker was looking out the window. He showed me one of the twin towers, fire pouring from it. Then I watched as the second plane hit.

We went to the roof and joined several other people there. And just watched. There was nothing else to do but watch.
  • sheshe2774
    sheshe2774 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was at work. It was such a shock that I ended up leaving & going home. I just wanted to be near my family.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    Same place I am today, at work. We didn't really have much in the way of TV monitors in that office building, but people saw the news online and then we jerry-rigged this old tube TV in a back office with a makeshift antenna and had probably 6-7 people at a time crowded in there watching aghast. We didn't get sent home, though, and most of us didn't realize until later just how horrid it was . . .
  • RoxRae
    Options
    I was at work in the Guidance office at the local high school. Someone called and was screaming into the phone that we were being bombed and to turn on the tv. Time stopped for everyone. I live close to a military base and one of my students was hysterical because she was worried about her mother who worked on the base.