Foods you had to cut out of diet to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• kat191
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet entirely. I've actually increased the variety of foods that I eat since I started losing weight and eating healthier. I just enjoy things in moderation and some things less frequently than I did before.

Same everything in moderation if i want soda i have lemonade, if i want chips i have a small serving of vege chips and if i want chocolate i have a bit of sweet william chocolate... healthier options of unhealthy foods!!
  • cottoncloud
    Options
    i avoid sodas and chips, also when i buy juices i look at the ingredients if corn syrup is one of the top 5 ingredients listed i don't buy it and choose another product. I started drinking fat free milk, it was tough at first, but now i got used to it, and actually prefer it now.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on cheese, almost ALL dairy, white potatoes, candy, juices and soda (I hated soda to begin with, so nbd there). I still have small amounts of the above (except soda) every once in a while, but I really don't miss it very much at all.

In their places, I've upped my intake of of tuna, grilled chicken, romaine and red leaf lettuce, bell peppers, homemade whole wheat bread, and citrus fruits.

I also hardly ever snack, and when I do, it's just a few pieces of fruit or vegetables. No chips/pretzels/unnecessary carbs.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Nothing :) Just cut BACK on a few things but I haven't stopped eating anything completely.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Until I reach my goal weight and can afford to maintain, I've given up deep fry of any sort. Other than that, everything in moderation.
  • MayhemMedic
    Options
    Bread! I stay away from the stuff like it is plague! I feel no pleasure in eating bread in the first place, and then when I read the nutritional label, I think of how many more healthy things I can put in to my body that will make me feel better and give me more nutrients.

Another killer is alcohol for me. But it wasn't too hard to give up seeing how I am not the biggest fan of it anyways. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have really cut out nuts in my diet and I think that it does make a difference even if u measure and count
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    There are things you can do to help....instead of regular yogurt, try light. Switch 2 percent milk to one. Try eating pretzels instead of chips...Instead of fried, try baked...And make yourself a cheat day. Mine is Sunday because of football. I eat everything I missed throughout the week on my special day.....All the other days, I stick with my plan. And btw, I'm losing weight! Not a bad plan if you ask me......
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I mean, not exactly. You don't have to cut out any certain food group in order to "lose weight" as long as you stay under your calories. But healthier foods will contribute to a better-working body, which in turn could positively affect the functioning of your metabolism, glands, etc.
    I still allow myself any food I want, because sometimes I just really want a Coke Zero or some chips or cookies. But I try to choose veggies and lean proteins and things instead most of the time, and I drink tons of water. And sometimes I make my own healthy versions of chips or cookies or whatever at home. That's what's so cool about food-- if you play with the ingredients enough, you can have you cake and eat it, too, so to speak.

But I WOULD consider cutting out any foods that make you feel sick. A lot of people don't realize they're lactose-intolerant, for example, but 80% of the adult population in the WORLD is. I am. Foods like dairy that some people have trouble digesting can inhibit absorption of other vitamins and minerals. Trouble foods can also make you quite bloated and FEEL like you've gained weight, even if you haven't.

So, basically, it's all about knowing your body, staying away from foods that might cause you to "binge," but allowing yourself some indulgences. Good luck!

This. I cut out dairy because I developed lactose intolerance partway through and can't lose weight with dairy products. Aside from the bloating, I was still completely stalled. I feel a million times better now, and back to losing.

Other than cutting out things that my body doesn't like, I also stopped eating things I don't like just because somebody made it, or because everyone else is eating or anything like that. I think of calories as something I budget, and if I don't really want something, I shouldn't have it, I should have what I really want instead.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Initially, I didn't cut any foods out; but the more I lost and the smaller my calorie budget became, the smarter I got about the quality and quantity of foods that I ate. Alcohol, sweetened drinks (everything from soda to iced tea to lemonade), caffeine, dairy, HFCS, processed foods in general anything with artificial sweeteners,... they all fell by the wayside. Interestingly, when I've had the opportunity to indulge in some of my old favorites, I've discovered they don't taste very good to me at all!
  • dap1217
    dap1217 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that I tell myself I cannot have if I want it - I just have to figure out calorie count and decide if it is worth it and if it is I add it to my food diary.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Nope, none.
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found that for me diets do not work. Once you go off the diet you gain it back. I use portion control and I mostly leave fast food alone. If I do want it...I let it be a special treat . I am more selective now and I have learned to read labels.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    Soda
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Green vegetables
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i also cut out soda, but i rarely eat fried foods. also i don't eat processed foods like; donuts,& such. I try to limit my red meat to once a week, & i don't eat chips, or sweets very much. When i do eat red meat i only eat very lean cuts. Another thing i changed was drinking fruit juices, i try to eat the fruit instead.
  • abdavison1
    Options
    I allow myself one cheat meal per week. I have also cut my carb intake and limit sweets to once or twice per week. I cut my calories down to 1200 and work out 3-5 times a week. I have lost 7 pounds in less than two weeks. I didn't have a problem cutting out processed or fried foods as we rarely eat those anyway.
  • Anitalose20
    Options
    Sugar!