What's your NSV for the day or week?

Options

Replies

• sourbonk
    Options
    Putting on a dress I wore to a highschool dance 13 years ago! I think I'll wear it to a wedding this week. ;)
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Mine was this morning! I wore shorts to work that a couple months ago were uncomfortably tight. Now they're perfect!
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yesterday I did a class of cardio & pump followed by a class of zumba, today I not only feel great, but I doubled my weights on barbells for cardio pump class from last week :bigsmile:
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Friday's a perfect day for NSV victories of the week:

1) Upped my weights at the gym! I like to think that for every kilo that I go up, a kilo from my body drops off.
    2) A dress I bought a year and a half ago, which used to keep coming unbuttoned at my bust and was tight around my waist, now is loose on both of those parts
    3) Another dress that used to be tight around my waist is now looser as well - and as a result, it seems longer as it's not being stretched horizontally. Which, for that dress, is a good thing.
    4) Actually, all of the clothes I've worn this week either fit better OR feel looser!
    5) My butt is a respectable size.
    6) Went for a 5km run with a friend, talked the whole way and didn't get out of breathe!
    7) I love how in control of my body I feel, and although I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm getting there. It's so much better than the 'I wish I was slimmer' but did nothing about it' mentality I had a few months ago.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I placed my fingers around my wrist and they finally touched!!! lol I'm happy about that! :)
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Two old men on the stationary bikes opposite me at the gym today, one looks at me sweating away on minute number 45 and goes, "how long have you BEEN on that thing?!", i replied, "45 minutes as of now, 5 to go" and he just stared at me and went, "i think i'd die!"

hahahahahha, made my day.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Today I dead lifted my body weight.

And I got an approval nod from one of the body builders at my gym.

Today was a good day.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have two: I ran my first 5K since last Thanksgiving and ran it in 9:30/mile pace. The other is that the lady at the front desk at my office asked if I was losing weight and said I looked fantastic. Seriously made my day!! :smile:
  • AlliH621
    AlliH621 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was proud of myself today because sometimes on Thursdays, I am forced to head straight from work to worship team practice at my church. I have to be there at 6:30, but I work a good 30-40 minutes from home and church. So for the past year, what I always do is just head over near the church and grab something UNHEALTHY to eat - any fast food or DONATOS Personal Pizza that I can eat in my car before I have to be at practice.

I don't get home until about 8:30 or 9pm so that is why I always would grab something before 6:30, because I would be killing time anyways.

WELL TONIGHT........I brought a banana and an apple with me to hold me over until I got home to eat dinner at home. I was very proud that I passed up my old habit to grab fast food or pizza!!!

That was my VICTORY of the day!!!!!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The cute top I bought to wear this summer, in my size, was too small to button in May. Today it fit! :) Bad news is that I will have to wear it everyday until winter because I have no intention of being this size next summer!
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was stressed and almost went out for fast food. I took a moment to reflect on why I wanted to eat it (not because it's good, but because it would take my mind off of unpleasant emotions). I resisted, drank water, and continue to "sit" with my thoughts. In the end, I actually was hungry and chose something much healthier (broiled fish with veggies) that I had already prepared at home.

It felt *SO* hard in the moment to resist the urge to get something unhealthy to eat. But after I gave myself time to think through what I was feeling, I feel better and the craving went away. WOW---this strategy might actually WORK!!! :-)
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I took a two pictures of myself today and a couple of days ago and could not believe the difference over the before picture. I know it sounds weird, but I just had to stair as if to say really and my belt is too big and today I had to keep readjusting my pants all day making sure that they were up where they belonged. Definitely a NSV!!! Request me if you want more support.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate has gone from 85 a month ago to 64 yesterday when I thought to measure it :-D
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had 2 NSV today ! ! !

# 1. Went to see my endocrinologist (I have diabetes) and he was so excited about the 12 pounds I have lost since I last saw him in May. It was the very first thing he said after Hello!
    # 2. He also told me my BMI had dropped from Obese to just Overweight!

Then he said he would like to see me lose another 10 #. <sigh>
  • AlliH621
    AlliH621 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had 2 NSV today ! ! !

# 1. Went to see my endocrinologist (I have diabetes) and he was so excited about the 12 pounds I have lost since I last saw him in May. It was the very first thing he said after Hello!
    # 2. He also told me my BMI had dropped from Obese to just Overweight!

Then he said he would like to see me lose another 10 #. <sigh>

Both of these are awesome victories - but I really like the second one! It's cool to drop into a different category!!! Way to go!!!!
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers brought in donuts this morning and a week ago I would've had one without thinking about it, but this morning I said "No Thanks"!!!
  • wtlos4me
    wtlos4me Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed for work, I was pleasantly surprised to find my dress pants are floating on me! It felt great to realize the inches were coming off, especially since I had a week or two of plateau! It is a great reminder that it is important to take measurements in order to give myself a positive mental boost when the scale isn't budging! :flowerforyou:
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a few NSV's this am !!!

1) Stepped on the scale and I am at 188.2 lbs...lost almost 2 lbs so far this week!! So close to seeing my weight drop past that lowest weight I had of 187 several years ago.

2) Tried on my size 18 shorts...and they fit!! I can sit down and I can breathe as well!! (Buttoning the outfit and being able to breathe are a bit important I think, y'know? :bigsmile: )

3) I tried on my size 16 pants I have had sitting in my drawers just for kicks and I can not only pull them up over my legs but I can pull them up over my butt too :) I just need to lose a few more inches on my tummy and I will be able to button them.

I am so happy!
  • jbachhuber
    jbachhuber Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K this week and finished in 22:25...35 seconds faster than I ran 3 months ago!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I participated in the annual Terry Fox Run and finished 10K in 75 minutes. Not a great time, but considering it took me 70 minutes a year ago and I was out of commission for four months with a concussion, I was really proud of myself. Maybe next year I can get to sub 70.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!