What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    birthdays are over rated......at least my birthday anyway...honestly i don't care if i get anything on my birthday, as long as my husband says Happy Birthday to me, that is good enough for me.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    A real date night, dressed up, etc...fancy restaurant and jewellery of course :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I always like getting expensive chocolate.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Honest answers requested: What does a woman really want for birthday from her BF/Husband? I am not talking about world peace, love, and him wrapped in a bow. Truthfully, what should we buy them?

Lets pretend money is not a factor.
    [

O.K. Let me help you, my birthday just passed. A bunch of sincere positive attention! A day of things she would appreciate most, and a gift that shows care love and detail. If money was really not an object of concern do buy her something that sparkles!:bigsmile:
  • wow29
    Options
    A real date night, dressed up, etc...fancy restaurant and jewellery of course :wink:
    :bigsmile:
  • wow29
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Depends on the woman.

I'm pretty nerdy so I accept anything along the lines of cute vintage dresses,t-shirts with awesome prints on, xbox games/points, quirky jewellery, DVD boxsets, gadgets, action figures( from games mostly), board games.

I accept, my list is probably not what the average woman wants. :P
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    The birthday girl should not have to plan where to go for dinner or the night/weekend out. You plan a nice night out based on what you know she'll love. It doesn't have to be a surprise, just as long as you plan it. This year, my boyfriend has planned for us to go out to a show to see a band we like and he's also going to cook me dinner. I don't want jewelry or any gift really, when I need or want something I buy it myself. For birthday's though I just like to have something planned for the weekend and go out with my boyfriend and have a great time! :)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just posted a thread where I'm trying to decide between a Fitbit, a HRM, running shoes and a bike... My parents are going to get me one of these things. My husband will probably get me another one of the things.

I don't really care if I get anything but since my bday is coming up and my parents & hubby both asked what I wanted, those 4 things are what I told them.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Nothing that has an electrical cord attached.

????? Really?

I'd do a dance of joy if someone got me a Dyson vaccum. lol But those things are like $500+ and it's never going to happen..
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

THIS^^^^^^^
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    A trip away... preferably staying in a place that has a spa.

this one is perfect.
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    every woman is different.
    i'm not kidding when i say if you don't know what she wants by now ASK HER :)
    or ... if you're desperate to make it a surprise, ask her best friend, sister, mother, etc. for ideas.

But srsly, get to know her well enough that you know what she wants :)
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My perfect birthday gift would be for my husband to do all the cleaning, cooking and take care of the children for the day while I went to a spa and got a 2 hour massage:) LOL I am super easy to please;)
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I night or weekend away where you make all of the plans and a little box w/ something sparkly inside. (not a little sparkly winky) wink wink :)

This but I do have to say that I have received sparkly things from my hubby that I love and I also received a pirate's dagger that I loved just as much. It suited me wonderfully because we are such big rennies / pirates and I didn't have one yet. so I say make sure the gift is something that fits her personality. The fact that you paid attention to her likes and interests will impress her sooo much!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I know **I** have been pining away for some obscenely expensive Frye riding boots....shoes or jewelry are always a good choice, if you know her style well enough. Take her to the mall and just hang back. Quietly listen and take note of anything she points out or stops to admire. Pay attention long enough and eventually you'll be able to predict what types of things she beelines for.

That's what my husband does, and always picks out things I like. I've never wanted to return anything he's picked out for me, in the three years we've been together. :)
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If money is no object I would take a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible....light blue, white leather, white top. :o)

But all in all it depends on the woman. I like utilitarian gifts instead of stuff like jewelry.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in less than 2 weeks. I asked my husband for a Bluetooth enabled stereo for my car & new tubes for my bike. About to ask him for a FitBit Ultra to round things out.

If time & money were no object at all -- I'd want a week-long trip to Australia or Hawaii!!!
  • CassieLyle
    Options
    An old Chevy truck.

this!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    He wont be reading this, but I've dropped hints, and lets see what he comes up with.

As I mentioned before, I feel I "missed out" on a 50th birthday party last year. So I'd like a party. I know he recently won a prize which was a do-it-yourslef Oktoberfest kit - CD of oompah music, coasters, a little sign that says "BierGarten". So if he ran me a mini Oktober fest in the back garden with a handful of friends and family, possibly gave me the special edition troll bead to match the event, I'd be chuffed to bits.