Shocked by the calorie content

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Oh , those bloody cookies at subway! I go into subway "to be good" then the next thing I know Ive bought 2 or 3 of those cookies, and at around 200cals each, its more calories then my measly salad sub!

Yeah, you'd be better off getting a 12 inch veggie sub than a 6 inch and cookies. Darn cookies look SO good....

A 6 inch and cookies? Sounds like a fun date. :laugh:

<snerk> :laugh:
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    Wine. (Oh gosh, sweet, sweet wiiiine..)
    Mayo. *sigh*
    Juice!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Thai food, specifically Pad Thai.

I haven't touched the stuff since I started here - there' s just no way I can fit it even close to my calories. *sniff*
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!:sad:
  • kimberly3818
    kimberly3818 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kraft mac & cheese
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Cereal for sure! I didn't know how many calories 100 grams could contain :noway:
    And I haven't eaten any in quite a few months, it's so hard because they are like one of my favorite things to eat...
  • Loxinabox
    Options
    pork pie. but it isnt shocking really just really upsetting. :(
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    440 calories for an Asiago bagel with reduced fat veggie cream cheese from Panera. Womp, womp.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by that... it IS basically bread and cheese, after all.
  • frenchy807
    frenchy807 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!! I used to eat the natural kind from the bag, by the bag....OOPS! haha i thought it was healthy! Now I just do the air popped kind which is better anyways :)
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hamburger/Hotdog buns. A lot of varieties are over 200 per bun. I've switched to sandwich thins which are only 100 and really aren't that much different except they aren't as poofy.
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nacho Belle Grande from Taco Bell. Almost 800 calories!!! I LOVE these but I've obviously given them up. :)
  • jmpetros
    Options
    I was also shocked at orange juice!!! I finally found trop50 orange juice...just 50 calories a glass.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The chocolate shake at White castle: 1.680 calories :noway:
    Dairy Queen Large cookie dough blizzard: 1,320 calories :cry:
    Dairy Queen Chicken Strip basket: 1,270 calories :noway:
    Mcdonalds big breakfast: 1,140 calories :ohwell:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-calories.php

Needless to say I don't eat out anymore, if I have to I go to taco bell and get a single fresco burrito or Subway and get a 6inch spinach and egg white flat bread.
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pre-made foods a lot but today I just didn't want to cook so we grabbed hungry man tv dinners.......over 700 cal.....holy crap! no more lazy not cooking days lol
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!! I used to eat the natural kind from the bag, by the bag....OOPS! haha i thought it was healthy! Now I just do the air popped kind which is better anyways :)
    I don't understand why people say that popcorn shocked them. An entire bag of Orville Redenbacher's SmartPop microwave popcorn is something like 220 calories. It's my go to snack because it takes awhile to eat. It's certainly better than chips which can get out of hand in a big hurry.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden salad and breadsticks. You can do more hurt with those than you can with the meal.

I agree with this...had this at Olive Garden (minus the bread sticks) and about fell over when I logged it! SOOO not worth it!!!!!!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    McDonalds McCafe Frap- 600 calories. And I couldn't even get the pleasure of chewing it. Never again will I allow myself a little treat w/o checking its stats 1sst!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was also shocked at orange juice!!! I finally found trop50 orange juice...just 50 calories a glass.

You can make your own 'trop50' by diluting your oj 50% with water
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh , those bloody cookies at subway! I go into subway "to be good" then the next thing I know Ive bought 2 or 3 of those cookies, and at around 200cals each, its more calories then my measly salad sub!

Yeah, you'd be better off getting a 12 inch veggie sub than a 6 inch and cookies. Darn cookies look SO good....

OMG!! I know!! They are to die for!! I didn't realize how many cals were in them.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tortillas. Soft-taco size is 110 a piece, but when I eat tacos I tend to inhale them. Not fun. I've tried making my own tortillas and they turn out icky, so I just take it easy on them overall.