Shocked by the calorie content

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    <WINE>

I'm pretty sure that I read that calories cannot survive in red wine due to the high alcohol content.

:smile:

:laugh:
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    the one that shocked me the most was finding out how many calories Arbys can stuff into a market fresh turkey sandwich : 700 calories.

it's a turkey sandwich. turkey and 700 calories should not occupy the same sentence outside of Thanksgiving.

That was my surprise calorie bomb. They don't even put mayo on it. It has some sort of mustard so I thought it would be safe. Boy, was I wrong.

Oh I fell for this. We went out for the day so I decided to make a special trip to arbys and got this sandwich. When I got home and went to log my calories, I almost fell out of the chair. Lets just say I didn't get to have dinner that night. ugghhhh!!!
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mayo!! 100 calories by tablespoon.

And BUTTER! or oil.

This^^^
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    On the Border 18 oz Margaritas.....I don't drink very often but went there for dinner the other night and lived it up and had two of them, for a grand total of 900 calories! :grumble:
  • colleenrutledge
    Options
    I know exactly how ou feel! I used to drink so much milk, or cheese!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    hardees monster burgers. i love them but they are 1000+ calories
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    pork pie. but it isnt shocking really just really upsetting. :(

OOOHHH pork pie I agree not shocking but yes upsetting. I've not had one in soooo loonggg :0(
  • Culley34
    Options
    A margarita is a caloric nightmare. Not a huge drinker of them...

Which foods have I given up...?
    Uncle Ben's Jasmine Rice (one package / 2 servings) is over 100g of carbs
    Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffees (medium; regular) - 150-200 calories

In my older days, here is a winner:
    Also from Dunkin Donuts - Sausage, Egg, and Cheese on a croissant
    Ready? 710 calories, 49 g. of fat (20 g. Saturated), and 1,370 mg of sodium.
    Killer.
  • BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread's holiday shortbread cookies, like the Heart, Easter Egg, Flower and Pumpkin Cookies. I was treating myself to one a week...but DAYUMMM, those small cookies are 450 calories! Now I treat myself to one a month!
  • LadyAmy20
    Options
    apples and bananas. But I still have bananas when I need a boost :)
  • cblevitron
    Options
    Avocados were a shocker for me.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Costco pizza - I used to work down the street from a Costco and I'd stop in for a $.57 soda, and sometimes I'd want a little snack, so I'd get a slice of cheese pizza. Finally I thought to wonder why I wasn't very hungry when lunchtime rolled around - 800 calories in that "snack". I could have had two and a half smoothies instead!
  • martintanz
    Options
    McDonalds McSkillet Burritto. 610 calories. Get it with the Hash Brown and and breakfast is close to 800 calories.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Me and my new food scale are going to do a lot of falling out. We already have a nasty disagreement about what an ounce of cheese looks like...

Hahaha..... sorry but that made me laugh out loud for real.

Make that two LOL for real!!
  • misskb11
    misskb11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I thought I was doing the "superfood" thing. Granted they are good for you. I went from eating 2 to eating 1 because of the calories!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake at my local coffee shop... Id have a slice every time I went in and recently found out that EACH SLICE is 1500cals!

No Flippin' way. How thick is that slice?
  • tlsmoore
    Options
    Chicken Cajun Pasta at Chili's . . . . was thinking about 1,000 when I ordered it and it was my splurge day. 1,500 when I checked later . . . . . I won't be having that again.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Basically anything from Applebees! It sucks cause I love their food. Not only were the calories shocking, but the sodium and fat were too!
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    Kettle corn, and I don't know why since I made it myself and know what I put in it. Denial is a wonderful thing, because it was GOOD. :wink:
    trader joes has a lite kettle corn that's only 110 cals per serving. its less sweet, but it helps me curb cravings!
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Salad dressings. Some of them are like 100+ calories for 2 tablespoons. Not worth it.