The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    AHEM.... See. Avatar.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My Corgi puppy was 700$

I know money isn't supposed to buy happiness and friendship, but in this case I think an exception has to be made

<3 Love you lildog!

PBSFZl.jpg
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My degrees.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i paid 13k for a 94 ford bronco 4x4 in 2000. and the most expensive gift i have bought recently actually is gonna be bought in a few months and that is about $2500 or so for an engagement ring..... :wink:
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    cripes, aside from buying a house - twice now, I dropped 1200 bucks cash on a designer suit jacket that I've worn exactly once. Guess I need to wear it again. ;)
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    <
    These pictures. Well other than a car which was a necessity. I spent a couple hundred getting pampered and being made to feel beautiful for a few hours. It was totally worth it.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    College education.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well, besides my house and the Lincoln parked in the driveway...................... I have a weakness for Louis Vuitton. Enough said. :love:
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    A house
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    aside from house, cars, and my degrees....

the new ipad
    and of course 2 weeks later...i need a new macbook - ugh

i also just dropped 300 bucks for spin classes at a new joint - 18 bucks/class!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Louis Vuitton purse a couple years ago. I saved up birthday/Christmas money and my loose change for a looooong time, and then when I got the job I have now (which is with like my dream company/career) I got it for myself as kind of a congratulations gift. I have a couple other smaller LVs that I got as gifts, but never had the guts or the funds to buy one for myself. I will definitely carry it until it falls apart because it was embarrassingly expensive, but I love it so much!

This is what it looks like (well, what it looked like when I got it...the handles/trim is a lot darker now):

tivoli.jpg

I've also bought myself a car, but that doesn't really count I guess since it was more out of necessity than for fun :smile:

I Have this bag too and I LOOOVVEE it! Great taste :wink:
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    my house is definitely the most expensive, by far! i actually cried while signing all the papers with the builder... and that was even before having to put the "REAL" down payment down. just a security deposit. lol

i like the thought of diamond earrings... have been hinting to my boyfriend for 2 years that i'd like diamond stud earrings... might just buy them myself! great idea!

p.s. i spell my name the same way, Karyn. :)
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think as far as just spending money for fun on something that wasn't a necessity or wasn't financed, I probably spent the most on my kayak, paddle and life jacket (around $250 for all of it). I did wait until there was a crazy sale, so I saved quite a bit.
  • candctaber
    Options
    I can't really think of anything I bought myself that cost a lot. Cars & home were for the family. My husband bought me a new wedding ring for our anniversary for over $4000. Everything I buy is for my kids. After I get their resent hospital stay & surgery paid for, I would like to have my eyes corrected- by then I'm sure we will have other more important things to pay for.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    $6K granite counter tops for my kitchen. After prepping and cooking on white tile counters with WHITE grout for 10 years, I EARNED those slabs of stone!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Custom made work boots. Best investment ever.
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't count my car because it's a necessary thing around here, like food, clothes and shelter. :P (Also, it's finally paid off and I plan on running it until it falls to bits.)

Other than my iPod touch with some bonus money in May, the most expensive (luxury/non-necessity) things I've ever bought are probably my New Rock boots.

I tend to make many small purchases, rather than large ones. Now, if only I learned to *save* money!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Not counting car, the most expensive single smaller item I've bought has been a Movado.
  • Darkbite29
    Darkbite29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, the most expensive thing I have ever bought is a $2800 python clutch from Gucci....My kid is 17, in his first year of college, so for bringing up a genius, I rewarded myself!! I can't have more kids so I think I deserve it.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Car, computer, x-pole, piano, Coach purses ♥, ... Hm..