Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Being warm.....am no where nearly my goal yet but constantly cold for some reason....i'll just have to wear more clothes ::)
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

Totally this!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I kind of miss being able to eat whatever with not negative repercussions (weight gain aside.) Now I eat a plate of fried food or too many cookies, and I'm sick to my stomach. I used to be able to pack that stuff away. While I feel much better eating well, and I love my healthy meals, sometimes I just want to overload on pizza, cookies, and cocktails and not worry about feeling sick the rest of the night.

Speaking of cocktails, my alcohol tolerance is way down, especially on days I run. Both a good and a bad thing I suppose!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    The "friends" I lost
    It is funny they like me because when I was around, I was always the fattest one, not them
    it helped them feel better about themselves
    I never expected that!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My favorite clothes that I owned for years (because honestly, I hated clothes shopping). Sometimes I'm still in denial about them being "cute" on me... they are no longer cute.

Eating anything, although I always had a small amount of guilt.

Explaining to people how I've lost the weight and getting asked questions all the time, knowing that they won't really do what I recommend!!

Not stepping on the scale every day.

Not feeling fat. At 269, I had my "skinny" days or "skinny" outfits where I felt particularly awesome about what I was wearing, or felt a little thinner. Now every day feels like a "fat" day that I can't escape. I know that it has to do with perspective, but it's hard to erase. Also, I never seemed to have a conscious idea of HOW BIG I was before, but now I notice.

I'm always cold. ALWAYS. And I'm not even halfway to my goal. Right now it's 74 degrees in the house and I have a jacket on. I'm freezing!!

Also, I guess this is my neurotic side, but now that I know what I have to do to lose weight, I am constantly trying to help people (who aren't asking for it, but complain about their weight) be successful with weight loss. I didn't notice this until a couple of weeks ago I was out to dinner with someone and as they ordered their appetizer, I said, "that's 1400 calories. Do you really want to consume that?" and she said, "yes, I ordered it and I don't care". I felt a little nuts, and the waitress gave me an awful look.
  • Khymera
    Options
    I'm still fat but I used to be slim... so I know from experience that I'm going to miss (when I become slim again) men liking me for who I am instead of for what I look like.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* hurts when sitting in the bath now, I had natural soft cushions before.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i dont know about anyone else but sometimes its a pain to keep going into groups or posts an finding out if people have replied there is a group on facebook where its easier as you get notifications. anyone is welcome and it can be used for anything. https://www.facebook.com/groups/351728731583329/
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I find the number of people commenting about sitting hurting interesting. When I am at my heaviest my feet literally ache all day long and I don't notice my rear end when I'm sitting on it - but it is acutely painful when I stand until all the tissue adjust to no longer being compressed by my weight.

I never hurt when I'm skinny - and losing that weight related hurt is one of the first rewards when I start losing weight.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding... ooh.. I don't know.. like I think I'm hot stuff, I do sometimes miss the lack of attention from men. When I was heavy I didn't get the whistles, asked if I had a man, etc. Sometimes it's flattering, sometimes it's bothersome.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Not much that I can think of. I don't miss being fat at all. I do miss having some hips so my pants stay up. I have no butt so I miss having a little bit of a butt. I also can say I miss the lack of attention from men. Don't get me wrong the occasional flirting is nice when its done respectfully. However the kind I do not like and can't stand is when I tell a guy I'm happily married and he says things like "OH I didn't ask if you were married, he isn't invited. I just want a 1 night stand." Yeah that just won me over, so I'm just a piece of meat? Sorry, you're a pig! Only thing Pigs are good for is bacon!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

Totally this!

Same here! lol
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I miss not worrying about calories & eating whatever the heck I want lol

I second this, lol.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but I miss being left alone. I miss being able to walk into a store and not get stared and winked at by guys. While I think it's sweet that guys step in and try to pick up my dog food bag and put it on the check out counter, I am capable and you're not getting my number just because you can lift a bag that I also have no problem lifting. this is probably the biggest reason I've been dragging my feet to lose the rest of my weight. I don't like the attention.

That doesn't sound stupid to me. Thats kind of what i was going to say. Most ladies I guess are okay with this. But its hard for me too. I was going to say, people leave me alone more, and don't pay attention to me more. I don't like to be bombarded by strangers some times.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but I miss being left alone. I miss being able to walk into a store and not get stared and winked at by guys. While I think it's sweet that guys step in and try to pick up my dog food bag and put it on the check out counter, I am capable and you're not getting my number just because you can lift a bag that I also have no problem lifting. this is probably the biggest reason I've been dragging my feet to lose the rest of my weight. I don't like the attention.

That doesn't sound stupid to me. Thats kind of what i was going to say. Most ladies I guess are okay with this. But its hard for me too. I was going to say, people leave me alone more, and don't pay attention to me, and I can be in the corner if I want to be. I don't like to be bombarded by strangers some times. Its a bit weird when a boy thats 21, winks and flirts. Im like, little kid, Im probably older than your Mother. Go home now. :frown: This is like in a parking lot, and shopping. And just people I know in general. Its like people. Im the same person. Just smaller. Don't freak out over it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I never really looked at it like this about why I sometimes will make myself go backwards till now. I will let myself sometimes gain 10lbs just so I have extra time. I'm now 10lbs shy of my goal and here I am once again, dragging my feet. Since I started working at my current job, I have noticed I get a lot more attention. Sometimes it is fun when they guys are respectful and not trying to get my number just being sweet and then give me good tips. That I don't mind, it's the creeps that really annoy me.

Another one I find I miss is, well since losing so much weight the ends of my toes go numb when standing for to long, though I'm pretty sure its because my heart is use to pumping for someone who is 120lbs heavier and has not fully caught on yet. Maybe this will catch up soon. I also miss the sitting down in the bath tub after a long day and being able to not feeling my butt bone. Seriously hurts. Though I don't mind that when I stand up and notice that there is more water in the tub then there is of me haha.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    my clothes, women who preferred the big teddy bear types, being able to eat what i want
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I miss some of my clothes that no longer fit me the same. I still wear some of the shirts, but they're all baggy and shapeless :(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    my clothes, women who preferred the big teddy bear types, being able to eat what i want

You can still eat what you want, just not as much as you want. Unless that fits your macros, then go for it!
  • jinxy1218
    Options
    Eating without thinking. Just having a piece a cake without thinking, I have to working out in the gym for 2 hrs or more to not gain what I lost. I never want to be fat again.