300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I either have 2 toasted whole grain or wheat bread, peanut butter with banana and yogurt....or 1 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon with 1 pat of butter and some sugar with yogurt or fruit cup....or protein meal bar with yogurt of fruit cup...drink at least 8oz or more of water with these meals.
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Combinations of eggs, 1% milk, yogurt, fruit, ham, english muffin

Half english muffin]
    1 egg
    1 slice ham
    milk

Whole muffin
    2 slices ham

1 egg
    half english muffin
    yogurt
    peach
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i love breakfast wraps.
    one wrap is around 100 cals,
    add 1 whole egg (70-90 cals) and a couple of egg whites (17 cals each). add cheese, green onion, salsa, and/or diced tomato.
  • erindh87
    Options
    I like to make smoothies. I use 1.5 cups of frozen fruit (strawberries & bananas, mixed berries & cherries, etc), 3/4 cup of greek yogurt, and ~1 cup of Simply Limeade. It makes a LOT of smoothie and is very filling. The only downside is that the Simply Limeade has a lot of sugar. I'm currently searching for an equally tasty alternative.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Here's some inspiration: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/category/breakfast/

The Protein Pancakes are a real filler...
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm loving muesli with coconut milk, a banana & an egg on the side (fried in frylight spray and smothered with cracked black pepper!)

Other great ones to go for are high fibre wholegrain toast with peanut butter and chopped banana

OR

Oatmeal with your milk of choice & a chocolate protein shake!
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    Skinny Bagel & Lox! Take an "Everything" Bagel Thin (Thomas is the brand I like), toast it, add 1/3 less fast cream cheese, a sliced hard boiled egg, 1 oz of smoked salmon, diced green onion and some capers. Sounds weird and to be honest I was scared of it before I tried it. It is heaven on a plate.
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and add some all natural granola, Go Lean Cereal with blueberries, turkey sausage with half slice cheese and a egg on a whole grain muffin...those are some of my favorites.
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    egg white quiche with s, onion, and gree peppers
    mix everything and put in muffin tins... make enough for the week
    eat 3 fat breakfast with oatmeal
    wish you the best

I do these a lot. I add spinach, mushrooms, and a little diced ham and make a bunch and freeze in foil cupcake liners sprayed with Pam. These are awesome for a quick breakfast when I have little time!
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh and peanut butter is a great filler too. Just be sure to get the all natural stuff (Jiff brand is yummy!). Spread it on a whole grain english muffin fresh out of the toaster and it gets all melty and oh so good!
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    6 Egg whites, 2pc extra trimmed back bacon (super lean weightwatchers type) and 20g grated mozorella cheese makes an awsomly filling breakfast, and work out to about 260kcal!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder. That *kitten* sits in my stomach like a brick until lunch.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been doing kind of a hash with eggs on top. I had been putting it over an English muffin, or throwing potatoes in, but I've got a new twist: spaghetti squash!

I started with some diced onion and sliced mushrooms in a saute pan that I sprayed with oil. I let that saute, then added a couple handfuls of cooked spaghetti squash (the trick is to really squeeze all the water out before you put it in the pan). After that had started to get brown, I added some chopped fresh spinach and leftover ham. Once the spinach had wilted, I put it all on a plate and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Then I put two fried eggs over that, with a little salt and a lot of black pepper.

328 calories, 23 g carbs, 15 g fat, 29 g protein, and 5 g fiber of DELICIOUS.

Spaghetti squash is getting added to my "buy every week" grocery list.
  • momnorg
    momnorg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese Smoothie

1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1/2 cup dry quick oats

Mix in a food processor alittle at a time. Eat with a spoon. It's like having dessert for breakfast.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had french toast this am. I used almond milk- one egg and three slices of the 35 cal bread. I put jelly on it instead of syrup- it was good :) but my go to breakfast is multigrain cheerios.
  • IrishMc
    IrishMc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Scramble made with
    1 large egg
    1/2 cup egg beaters or whites
    4 medium white mushrooms
    Fresh or frozen spinach (large grab of fresh, 1/2 box of frozen)
    2 Tbsp shredded Asiago cheese

is my fav
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat two corn tortillas with earth balance, romain lettuce, meat (chicken, fish or beef), cheese (non dairy) and avocado...but it's like 600 calories ;D
  • AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Omlette. I cook this the night before and warm it back up in a pan in the morning. Saves time!

2 Eggs - 140

1blsp Turkey Bacon Pieces - 25

1/4 c motz cheese (80 cals) or sharp Cheedar (110 cals)

Total 275
    AND high in protein (22g)

I tested this one, and it held me over for 4 hours! :)

Light Greek Yogurt (Kroger has it for 90 Cals)
    Apple or a Banana

Its probably 210 cals or so.

Protein really does help keep you fuller longer! :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal
    1 cup 2% milk

335 cals
    18 grams protein !!

fills me up til lunch :)

I have the same thing when I am at work, but use 1/2 cup of Almond milk and add in an Orange. Comes out to 304 calories. I also have a banana sometime before lunch.

On weekends I normally workout in the morning and have a bigger breakfast with some eggs and toast.
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do a wrap. I use the All Whites egg whites (just out of convenience in the morning to me, and the whites taste so much better than egg beaters). I "scramble" them in a nonstick skillet with a little PAM, no oil or butter. Sometimes I add red peppers or spinach. I put that on a flat out wrap (sun-dried tomato or multigrain) with a slice of cheese and either some lean ham or turkey sausage chopped up. Roll it up and wrap it in foil, it stays hot until I get to work and it's a great, filling breakfast. Usually around 250 to 275 calories.