300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Scramble 2 egg whites and one whole egg, put into a pan and make a square by folding all of the edges in. Place on a toasted sprouted whole grain ezekiel english muffin with a thin slice of cheese. 310 calories of yummy filling food!
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    I do a big pot of slow cooker oatmeal once a week and eat it every morning. I am not hungry until lunch - about 6 hours...

Make mine by toasting 2C oats in 2tbps unsalted butter before cooking with 8C water and tsp sea salt for 4 hours on low. Split into 8 tupperware bowls when done.

Each morning I add a tsp of sugar, 1/4tsp of some spice (cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice), and 1/4C milk to a serving. Coupled with 2 cups of coffee, each with 1 or 2 tbsp of half & half, comes in just under 300 C.
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I frequently have:

-1 cup of egg substitute (120 cals)
    -1 whole wheat english muffin (120 cals)
    -1 tbsp PB2 (25 cals)
    -1 tbsp no sugar added jam (25 cals)

Total: 290 cals
    I find that keeps me full until lunch time.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    all of these are great ideas!
    my standard is 1/2 c steel cut oats with 1 tbsp brown sugar for 244 cal. Sometimes i add 1/4 c raisins for a total of 374. I do not need anything else to eat till lunch. I also find kashi go lean crunch to be very filling
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    1 packet of Grits (100 cals)
    1 Large Egg (78 calories)
    3 Slices of Turkey Bacon (45 calories)
    1 cup of Melons (54 calories)
    1 cup of Strawberries (53 calories)
    When I'm feeling frisky 1 Cracker Barrel reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese stick (60 calories)

Total: 390 calories; 330 w/o cheese stick
  • amlucy2
    Options
    I also love Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Usually I have Greek Yogurt topped with Kashi, keeps me full all morning.
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lesmoo27
    lesmoo27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:
    I make a Hungry Girl egg mug--1 egg, beaten + 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light (broken into chunks) in a mug. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix together, microwave for a few more seconds (mix and repeat as necessary)
    Put onto 1 toasted Sandwich Thin.
    Cover with salsa.
    Devour.
    YUM.

The whole thing is only ~220 calories. You can have some fruit or a glass of milk with it to fill you up!
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal

+1 on the kashi. Very satisfying and filling. I only use about a quarter cup of milk, just to make the cereal a little wet. So that would leave enough to add an egg w/vegetables.

One of the surprising things I've found is how much food you can actually fit into 300 or 400 calories when you become more educated about your choices.

I must agree it really has become much more simple to make a healthy 300-400 calorie meal . I really like fried egg whites with chopped green peppers, jalepenos, onions and top it off with fat free cheddar!
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    2 slices wholemeal bread with 1 grilled piece of bacon and 1 egg scrambled
    1 30g bowl of porridge
    :smile:
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Anything with a lot of protein and fiber will keep you full for longer. Try some greek yogurt or a whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese.
  • Pollygurl
    Options
    Either Half a Sandwich Thin or Bagel Thin toasted topped with 1 tsp hot & spicy mayo. Then top it with scrambled egg mix in some lima beans, peas or mixed veggies. Mix and pop in the microwave, Then place on toasted sandwich thin and top with about a Tbs of Pineapple peach chipolte sauce. On the side I add about 5 apple slices. This is less than 200 calories but is very filling.
  • careynote
    careynote Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fav is half an avocado topped with a tablespoon of fresh mango salsa and a fried egg. SO delicious and filling.
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
    Quinoa. Hands down. Cook it like rice. Add it cooked to eggs. Oatmeal. Yogurt. By itself. It's become a staple in my household and creates sustainable energy and is an excellent source of protein while also satisfy your carb cravings. I'll even throw it in my morning smoothies.
  • cancunwild
    Options
    I make a protein smoothy in the mornings for under 350 calories.

Ice
    1 cup skim milk 90 cal
    1 banana about 100 cal
    1 scoop of chocolate protein powder about 150 cal

I blend it up and put in one of those covered insulated cups with the straw. It takes me awile to drink it and holds me over until lunch...or close to it. You can throw in a handful of frozen berries in place of the banana or in addition to it. I just really like the chocolate banana flavor. Yum!
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    For me, Greek Strained Yogurt (Greek Gods Honey Strained - 4oz - has a lot of natural sugar from the honey, but they have other kinds) with Barenaked Fit Vanilla Almond Granola (1/4 cup) and some blueberries keeps it under the 300 calorie mark (granted you stick to the right portions). When I started eating this, it was amazing how much of a difference it made in keeping me fuller longer. Sometimes I don't even eat all the greek yogurt because it ends up being more than I can eat or it takes me awhile to eat it.

I would also do 100% natural quaker oats to make oatmeal with some frozen blueberries (berries defrosted when I added them to the hot oatmeal). This was delicious and I didn't really need brown sugar or any additives to make it sweet because the blueberries gave it that extra interest. This wasn't as effective in keeping me fuller longer like the greek yogurt/granola/fruit did, but it did do the job in holding me over until my next 100 calorie snack or lunch.
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Doesn't psyllium husk powder make you go, as well as giving you the feeling of being full?
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    2 slices of whole wheat toast (77 cals) + 1 TBSP Peanut butter (100 cals) + Tea with skimmed milk-250ml (20 cals) + 1 Apple-Fuji (53 cals) + 7 Almonds (49 cals) = 299 cals.

This was my yesterday's breakfast and it was really filling :) You can replace almonds with 3 egg whites (51 cals) or 100g low fat yogurt (55 cals) for extra protein or calcium :)

My breakfast, but I half the putter for ne slice and have soft boiled egg on the other. And obviously drop the almonds.

Great breakfast.

Other is 1/2 cup of rolled oats, grated apple, 100g of low or no fat yogurt and a tea spoon of honey. Mix it all up, add seeds or nuts as you please to boot cal and fibre or ther items.

Sub 300 cal for the base and full of goodness. Either prep the night before and chuck it in the fridge for softer oats, or I find if you do it in the morning, the oats soak up the yogurt and the feeling full lasts longer.
  • Pollygurl
    Options
    1/2 Bagel Thin toasted 55 cal
    1 egg scrambled 70 cal
    1/4 cup Veggies (sweet peas, lima beans or mixed veggies) 20 cal
    1tsp Hot & Spicy mayo 18 cal
    1 tbs pineapple peach chipolte salsa ( from walmart) 8 cal
    1 tsp of pumpkin or sunflower seeds 18 cal
    1 tsp of shredded mild cheddar cheese 2% about 22 cal

5 apple slices 29 cal
    1 oz of Naked Green Machine fruit smoothie 14 cal (by orange juice in walmart) really good to drink.

Total 255 calories

I mix the veggies into my egg and scramble. The mayo goes on the bagel thin. Then I place the scrambled egg on the bagel sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and put the salsa on the egg. The apple slices on the side. The hot & spicy mayo sets it off. I forgot it one time and it just wasn't the same.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I actually wanted to post something similar to this one.....mind you this one sounds extremely yumy and healthy!!!! Thry this one!!!!
    copied this from my recipes; it makes 2 servings 133 per person. also one slice of natures own 9 grain bread (40cal) and 1 TBSP planters PB= breakfast total 303 and i'm stuffed!!

Grade A White Large Egg, 2 Egg 140 0 10 12
    Egg white, 4 egg 64 0 0 14
    Generic - Mixed Bell Peppers 28 g (1 oz), 84 g 18 4 0 1
    Generic - Onion, Red, Raw 3 oz (85g), 2 oz (85g) 21 4 0 1
    Fresh/Raw - White Button Mushrooms, 3.5 ounce 22 3 0 3
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 265 11 10 31
    Per Serving: 133 6 5 16