300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Skinny Bagel & Lox! Take an "Everything" Bagel Thin (Thomas is the brand I like), toast it, add 1/3 less fast cream cheese, a sliced hard boiled egg, 1 oz of smoked salmon, diced green onion and some capers. Sounds weird and to be honest I was scared of it before I tried it. It is heaven on a plate.
    I do the same thing but I use Fat Free Cream Cheese and I omit the hard boil eggs and capers (but I think I am going to try this) and use slice of red onion instead of green onions. I agree--yummy
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    fiber one bar (90-140cals depending on flavor. Luv the Oats&Chocloate one! @ 140 cals)

dannon light and fit GREEK yogurt (at 80 calories it's the lowest cal greek option that includes fruit. Same amount of calories as plain flavor of most other brands) And it is still a generous portion size [5.3oz]

piece of fruit. I usually go for a banana (70 cals)

=290 calories or less
    approx $2.00 a day in cost
    ZERO prep time. I often throw all 3 items and a disposable spoon in a sack so I can take it with me.
    Greek yogurt is high in protein, fiber one bars are high in fiber big surprise, and fruit is good for you and yummy.
    Keeps you full till lunch!
  • nschulz70
    Options
    1 cup of oatmeal with some blueberries or chopped up apple.

Had this on Saturday before a long day of being outdoors and a lot of walking.

I was satisfied all morning and didn't even get hungry for lunch until mid afternoon.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE breakfast!...3 fried egg whites (use pam cooking spray), 1 slice of reduced fat american cheese, 1 100 calorie Thomas' english muffin...its only about 205 calories!
    You can do this in the microwave. I use a 10oz glass Pyrex custard cup (perfect size for an English muffin) spray it with Pam. Sometimes I add muhsroom pieces, onion, 97% fat free deli meat slices (ham, turkey, or chicken) jalapeno pepper, season-use all or some or none) Cover (use saran wrap or a plate) Microwave for a minute. Remove (drain any excess liquid) and add cheese broken into pieces or shredded (fat free or Laughing Cow Light) plus 3 TBSP eggwhites. Recover. Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Dump onto a toasted English Muffin (100 calorie type)
  • lOvInLiFeLaTiNa
    Options
    Not sure if you have ever heard of Hungry Girl.....www.hungry-girl.com. Look her up, she has a book called 300 under 300. Her best items are called "egg mugs", breakfast in a mug. Alot of the mugs are about 200 calories which means you still have some room to add a piece fo fruit. Many varieties so you can't get bored, heck you could even change the mug for an exciting adventure. :0) ENJOY!
  • fishingwoman
    fishingwoman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Instant Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal, 3 slices Center Cut Bacon (40% less fat), 2 eggs scrambled with no oil or butter. Equals out to 330 cal. and oh so good. Very filling too!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast everyday because I don't tend to need variety. I am a boring eater.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    cinnamon
    1 tsp brown sugar
    made with water.

Only about 175 calories. Keeps me pretty full depending on how long I have been up. On mornings, I get up prior to the normal daily hustle and walk, I will also eat a small serving of cereal and some whole milk. I am a cereal junkie, gotta have me some Count Chocula or Cinnamon Toast Crunch in my life!
  • janiegross
    janiegross Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great idea
  • lanavabkny
    Options
    I usually have a packet of oatmeal (150 calories) and a few egg whites (approx 50 calories) and a peice of fruit. Protein and fiber will keep you full longer. Sounds like a lot of food but its really not.
  • itspat25
    Options
    1 scoop quaker oats (cook with water) then mix in two scoops smart peanut butter and 1 scoop chocolate whey protein. Makes a mush packed with everything you need to keep you full throughout the day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you can aways skip breakfast...just saying..
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of two water poached eggs, with runny yolks....and then two slices of low calorie bread (sara lee or village hearth both have slices of bread for under 100, then a tbsp of brummel and brown, put the poached eggs on the toast and let the runny yolks drip down. delicious. 140+45+80=265 Have myself a cup of coffee and I'm good till lunch.
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Or anything thing I used to do, but I have been too busy to do it....I'd make frozen breakfast sandwiches ahead for the week. I'd take the thomas 100 calorie english muffin or 110 bagel thin, spray some pam in a coffee mug or ramikin, add one serving of egg beaters, then put that on the english muffin, top it with a slice of fat free cheese single (35 calories) and if I wanted meat a slice of turkey bacon or canadian bacon (30 calories for 2 slices of butterball everyday turkey bacon.

100+30+35+30=195

That was easy especially when frozen, pop it in the microwave for a minute-2 minutes and your were done for the day and it was filling.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    A smoothie with 1 small container Greek yogurt, fat free milk, frozen strawberries and bananas. I also add 3 packages of Splenda to keep it from being too tart. About 200 calories for the brands I use. The Greek yogurt has protein, which tends to keep me full.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1 Thomas Triple Health 100 calorie english muffin (toasted)
    1 Poached Egg
    1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedge of your choice
    1 slice of deli ham or 2 slices of pre-cooked center cut bacon or canadian bacon

You can always add veggies if you want. Maybe a tomato slice, spinach leaves, onion, bell pepper or avacado
  • Tinynski
    Tinynski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually make about 40grams of wholegrain rye porridge (not sure if it's available at your location - other wholegrain porridge is fine too) and add some oat bran in it, boil an egg and drink a cup of green tea. Keeps me satisfied until lunch, since it has plenty of fiber and protein from egg(s). And I mean PLENTY of fiber. The taste might not for everyone though, so variation might be needed :)
    I suggest adding fruit/berries to the porridge (oatmeal? Is there a difference?), for extra yumminess (and low-cal energy!)
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This morning, my breakfast was two hardboiled egg whites, a mandarin orange, black coffee, and a croissant with ham and thin slices of cheddar cheese on it. Yum yum! And it was only 2 calories over the 300 calorie mark. :D
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with 1.5 T of peanut butter! Always keeps me full till lunch and it's only 250 calories.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal
    1 cup 2% milk

335 cals
    18 grams protein !!

fills me up til lunch :)

^^^before you buy this, check out the sugar content! lol

steel cut oats with blue berries, sprinkled with cinnimon and no cal sweetner...if ur still hungry toss a hard boiled egg down ur throat hole. lol. that should definitly do ya!
  • hawinnicki
    Options
    I enjoy eating 3/4 cup of Fage 0% yogurt with 1/2 cup berries and 1 tablespoon raw honey. You can also add 1 tablespoon of chopped nuts.