300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bhitchcock92
    Options
    honestly ate 1 cup of sausage gravy with 2 biscuits and 8 oz of home fried potatoes and it was only 298 and very filling.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This morning I did 2 scrambled eggs and 2 Trader Joe's potato pancakes, 300 calories exactly.

A lot of times I am on the go first thing so I will eat a protein cookie or bar. They are around 200-300 calories and a decent amount of protein. I like them before I go to work because it keeps me full until I can eat again, which is 5 or so hours. I like "Think Thin" and Luna bars. Erin Baker's Wholesome Baked Breakfast cookies are a favorite of mine, too. Not as much protein as the others but they are higher in calories.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with peppers and cheese on a sandwich thin and some fruit.

Protein, fiber, and only a little fruit sugar.
  • aubeatle
    aubeatle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I make my own breakfast sandwiches:

Bagel Thin: 110 calories
    Egg Whites (I use frozen egg white patties): 35 calories
    Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge: 35 calories
    Veggie sausage pattie: 80 calories

calorie total: 260

Lots of protein, low sugar and keeps me full for hours!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Poached egg, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomato and 100g of baked beans. Yum!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Great stuff here.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    2 slices bacon (real or turkey, i prefer real)
    and a serving of fruit

Can't go wrong with this! It's very healthy (the bacon is not as bad as you think!) and incredibly filling.

Calories are about 215-300 depending on the fruit you choose.
  • darlenes42
    Options
    I like to eat bran cereal with a sliced up banana! I use light soy milk, it has a nice creamy nutty flavour.
  • mynameismita
    Options
    2 eggs, duck (or any) bacon, a sauteed veggie and some homemade salsa and a few dabs of hot sauce. The protein and fat keep me full for hours.
  • kbutlerrvt
    Options
    1 individual cup of Fage Total 0% greek yogurt (100 cals) with 1 TBSP Jif Creamy peanut butter (95 cals). I dip a red delicious apple (80 cals) cut into slices in it. 275 calories and chock full of protein and makes me full until lunch time!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've recently made a huge batch of burritos filled with hash browns, scrambled eggs with spinach, sauted onions, green peppers, and baby bellas, with a little bit of cheese, that I've wrapped in plastic wrap and then froze.14 of those bad boys to be exact. When it comes time for breakfast, throw one in the microwave for about 2:15-2:30, let cool then unwrap and enjoy. The ones I made came out to 326 calories each, but I am so stuffed after eating for at least 4-5 hours.
  • DeonnPaul
    DeonnPaul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I saute 1/4 cup chopped onions, 1/4 cup celery, 3 sliced mushrooms (medium sized), 3 sliced radishes, and 1 cup chopped kale. This is a good amount of food, plenty of fiber and nutrients, and the veggies can be played around with and changed depending on your taste. You could switch the kale to spinach, or use peppers, garlic, tomato, etc. I add different seasonings depending on my mood- yesterday I used curry, salt, pepper, and some basil. Today I used a little salt and garam masala, and a dash of cumin. Add a little water to the pan so the vegetables don't stick or burn. When the veggies are nearly done (depends on how soft you want them) push them over to one side of the pan. Add 2 scrambled eggs and cook them up how you want. When the eggs are cooked mix everything up and season to taste. The veggies and 2 scrambled eggs will be about 248 calories. I like to add a slice of sargento mozzarella which brings it up to 308 calories. If you want to skip the cheese but still get to 300 calories, simply add more vegetables. Another thing you could do is use egg whites only instead of whole eggs. This would probably leave you enough calories to add in a slice of whole wheat toast or something. I also like to add a couple tablespoons of my favorite salsa.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    My GoTo breakfast is a half a sandwich and a cup of milk.
    It is either an egg and an ounce of cheese, or a serving of lunch meat and an ounce of cheese on one slice of whole wheat bread, with a tsp of sweet hot or honey mustard.

If I don't have a few minutes to put it together at home, I stop at a convenience store. Most of them carry little containers of hard boiled eggs, and the snack size cheese, and a small (kids's cafeteria sized) carton of fat free milk.

This hold me well until I make myself eat a snack before I work out at lunch time.

Good Luck!
  • DeborahKB1
    Options
    My go-to breakfast the last couple of weeks is a good blend of protien/carbs and less than 200 calories:

Multi-grain deli thin bun, toasted
    2 oz. of deli turkey
    3 T of egg beaters (I use the egg white kind)

You've still got 100 calories to work w/ - so add some fat-free yogurt or a banana - or both!

Sending good energy your way! -Deborah
  • jt221990
    jt221990 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need help choosing my breakfast to fill me up!
    Lately, I've been really hungry and eat everything because I'm not full for breakfast, please help by telling me some of your breakfast ideas!!! Thanks a lot! :D

Steak
  • kellychew
    Options
    My favorite, most filling breakfast is:1/2 cup Egg Beaters scrambled (50 calories), 2 slices Light Wheat Toast (70 calories) and 3 TBSP I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (135 calories) = 255 Total Calories :)
  • Whiltierna
    Whiltierna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast I have every day is Oatmeal Instant Maple And Brown Sugar (157 cal if made with water) http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-quaker-oats-oatmeal-instant-maple-i8131
    and orange juice, a cup large enough to sip, not swig or gulp!
    The fiber in the oatmeal keeps me full (I eat around 6a), the orange juice and oatmeal eaten together helps your body to absorb more from each.
    I have to remind myself to eat something around 12ish and I sip water throughout the morning. (I snack on fruit if I'm desperate)
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump to read the great suggestions later.
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Steel cut oats with sliced bananas. If you wanna go crazy, add some eggs to the mix!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My favorite, most filling breakfast is:1/2 cup Egg Beaters scrambled (50 calories), 2 slices Light Wheat Toast (70 calories) and 3 TBSP I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (135 calories) = 255 Total Calories :)

That's... a lot of butter. Or not butter. Whatever. It's all the same to me. But that makes up more than your actual food. Something wrong with that picture.