Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• beautiful31mom
    beautiful31mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am at the gym to work out, not to look pretty, but I am married 14yrs, I am not looking for a hook up.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    Who goes to the gym wearing make up? Unless you want to sweat in brown liquid and end up looking like a racoon at the end of your work out LOL! I myself get a big kick out of feeling my sweat trickle down and splash everywhere! But I wipe 'em down ok - it's just extra motivation knowing that I'm sweating all that fat out :tongue:

Don't mind the others - just mind what you do and do it BEST! :flowerforyou:

ALL LOVE :heart:
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I actually don't even worry about it - i am in sweats or gym shorts, sweating, no make up, sloppy pony tail...the gym is my means to an end - i know that the hours i spend looking and, yes feeling, not-so-pretty will result, down the road, in my looking and feeling pretty, healthy and sexy!! (with or without make up!) :happy:
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a little makeup. If my house was on fire in the middle of the night, I'd probably run to bathroom to get mascara before the firefighters arrived. To me, fitness is about confidence. I'm way more likely to get a good workout in if I feel hot. I happen to feel hot with makeup on. Does that mean I don't work as hard as others? Absolutely not. Does that make me a bad person? Absolutely not. Does that mean I want everyone to notice me? Absolutely not. Does that make me superficial? Well... maybe. But thats okay. A girl wearing makeup at the gym doesn't mean that "shes not doing it right"- it means she wanted to wear some fricking makeup to the gym. Wearing makeup allows me to focus on myself and what I'm doing rather than constantly be concerned that I don't look pretty enough to be out in public.

You should do what makes YOU feel confident. Even if that is being "that girl" on the treadmill with a full face a makeup.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly. It would be a waste of my time to walk in feeling less than awesome, because I would be too worried about others and not focused on my workout.

Here is what I think when I see people at the gym.

Fit person: "Wow, I want to be like you one day"
    No-so-fit-person: "Good for you for taking care of your health"

The end.

This.
  • TamiCollins
    Options
    same here.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a little makeup. If my house was on fire in the middle of the night, I'd probably run to bathroom to get mascara before the firefighters arrived. To me, fitness is about confidence. I'm way more likely to get a good workout in if I feel hot. I happen to feel hot with makeup on. Does that mean I don't work as hard as others? Absolutely not. Does that make me a bad person? Absolutely not. Does that mean I want everyone to notice me? Absolutely not. Does that make me superficial? Well... maybe. But thats okay. A girl wearing makeup at the gym doesn't mean that "shes not doing it right"- it means she wanted to wear some fricking makeup to the gym. Wearing makeup allows me to focus on myself and what I'm doing rather than constantly be concerned that I don't look pretty enough to be out in public.

You should do what makes YOU feel confident. Even if that is being "that girl" on the treadmill with a full face a makeup.

I COMPLETELY agree with you hun. I may look like an idiot going to the gym with my full face of make up on, eyelashes on, hair extensions and fake nails. But im still proper working out and doing what makes me feel confident. xo
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always feel a little rough (since I never wear makeup anyway), but it seems like it doesn't stop the attention I get from guys. Probably doesn't help that I'm one of the very few female heavy lifters in the mornings, so dudes need to stare at something? lol
  • mlgoodale
    Options
    I enter in Beast Mode and then leave accordingly.

The end.

i love you.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm there for ME, not everyone else!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I've normally jsut rolled out of bed, tied my hair back thrown on my gym stuff and chucked back a protein shake.

I look pretty terrible! But I don't care :D I go to sweat!

If I went with makeup and my hair done it'd be pointless- I'm in first thing (7am for my gym) and normally don't meet anyone between hopping off the bus to the gym. When I'm in there I'm not looking anyone up and I've never felt it the other way either. When I finish up to go home I may pop into a cafe or something but yet again- don't care! The cafe I go to is in the same centre as the gym and alot of people go there post-work out.

Personally I've only been critisied once, saying that I looked a state. I replied in saying that I've been to the gym, I'm loosing weight and doing something about my health- not sitting and eating cake at 9:30 in the morning.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I guess it comes down to whether you want to impress someone with your face-painting skills, or your mile time, or deadlift or whatever fitness goals you have.

My idea of looking good at the gyms is when my yoga pants are clean, because I feel like I'm in high school gym class when I go in my old soccer shorts.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I could not care less about wearing makeup at the gym. Anyways, I don't want it runnin down my face and looking like a fool.
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If anyone picks you up at the gym and asks you on a date, how surprised is he gonna be (pleasantly I'm guessing) when he takes you out and you look all made up and dressed up? That's one good thing about meeting someone at the gym ...you get that dissapointing-moment-when-he-sees-you-without-make-up-for-the-first-time outta the way from the start. lol
  • LucyRod12
    Options
    I guess it depends on your age, I know for a fact my daughter, she is 25, she would agree with you but us older folks are there to get a work out in.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I go natural.I am there for myself,not for others to look at me.I used to be self conscious about how I would look,when I first met my husband,I was afraid to let him see me without makeup. Until one day,I thought:I am me with,or without makeup and if this guy doesn;t like me,then so what.I don't want to waste my time with someone that loves me superficially."I stopped wearing makeup all the time,he said I was naturally beautiful. We have been married and have gone through alot of ups/downs.He doesn't love me any less even though I put on some weight due to health problems. We have been happily married for 14yrs.I love that he loves me for me,but supports me with my goals.Love and be yourself,and you will find someone that does the same.Sounds like the guy at the gym is still interested in you.Good Luck!:)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    AHA - it's about a guy! :-P

LOL of course. i catch him staring sometimes. pretty uncomfortable!

Well if he's staring, he likes what he sees, even though you are hot and sweaty.
    Get over yourself!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I Like that at the gym, ladies can't hide much....nice form fitting clothes!!!
  • LucyRod12
    Options
    Hi guys, so how do you guys post that little graph under ur posts of the weight you have lost?
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Other than looking in the mirror while I'm on the elliptical and thinking that I look like a whale..it doesn't bother me.