Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump for the recipe! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ssssooo good! And the chicken falls apart it's so tender!
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bumping to add to my recipes!!! Sounds great I'm ready to try it.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight -- minus the slow-cooker. I used regular brown rice which must cook for 40 minutes or so, so I boiled the water while the boneless, skinless chicken breasts defrosted. When the water started boiling, I put the rice on to simmer & set my timer for 45 minutes. I chopped up the chicken into small bite-sized pieces, poured on the taco seasoning & rubbed it in then pan fried it (with just a spritz of nonstick canola cooking spray) over a medium flame. I added a clove of minced garlic to the chicken. After about 15 minutes I added the salsa (Premium Selection black bean & corn) & condensed soup & just let that cook & simmer for the remaining 20 minutes or so making sure to stir every few minutes. Then I spooned 1 cup of rice onto a plate, added 1/6 of the chicken salsa on top of that, 1 tbs full-fat sour cream, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese (I would've used Monterrey Jack had I had any). It was a huge amount of food, and I actually think this recipe could easily serve 8.
    I used 24 ounces of chicken (4oz per serving).

It was SO GOOD I couldn't believe my mouth. I LOVE to cook, but when I cooked before, I didn't hold back on the fat and calories because I never wanted to sacrifice taste. This dish did not disappoint me. I paired this with steamed green beans. I couldn't believe my entire plate had under 500 calories. I couldn't even come close to finishing (so I got dinner & lunch tomorrow out of 1/6th of the recipe).

It tasted so good my boyfriend didn't believe how few calories it had until I added all the ingredients & divided by # of servings in front of him to prove it.

Now I'm going to have a really hard time getting the rest of my calories (300!) in for today because I'm so full.
    Thank you for this recipe!
  • i'm not OP but i know the calorie does not count the rice yet.

I made it today. It was so good. Thank you for posting

________
    count down; 3 more days before weight in, need to lose 2.5 lbs
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :flowerforyou: getting the idea off this thread,
    i just put some frozen chicken breasts, green peppers & about 1 c salsa in my crockpot.
    i'll cook some rice later and i hope 2 have a yummy, healthy dinner.

i can report how it turned out tomorrow!:happy:
  • Super_mom
    Options
    I will have this for dinner tonight. I put everything in the crock pot this morning
    before leaving for work. How will i calculate the calories? I also added 2 cups
    of black beans and 1 cup of corn to it?
  • oregonlady
    Options
    here is a a great web site for calculating calories in recipes!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    double post:tongue:
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    :love: bump for dinner

Thanks to "oneinchatatime" for posting this way back when. :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    this is in the crockpot for dinner, I cannot wait to try it!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bump! This sounds really good.
  • tishaberry
    Options
    sounds yummy and simple to make. gotta love the crockpot!
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh this sounds soooo Yummy. Gotta Try it. Thanks.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have made salsa chicken before but not this recipe and this is seriously the BEST crock pot recipe that I have tried. I think the cream of mushroom soup makes all the difference.
    OH my goodness. I found this chipotle taco seasoning low sodium so I used that along with a cup of regular old Pace Medium salsa. I shredded it and rolled it up in the La Tortilla high fiber/low carb tortillas. SO good. the tortillas have 1/2 of your daily fiber, 3 grams of fat, and 80 calories and they are huge. I had never heard of them before I got my new Hungry Girl cookbook and she uses them a lot.

You gotta try it :flowerforyou:

ooh here's the taco seasoning, if you see this in the grocery store, I would get it instead of plain taco seasoning,
    http://www.amazon.com/Nueva-Cocina-Seasoning-Chipotle-1-25-Ounce/dp/B000E3XBT0
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    bump
  • DixonKels
    DixonKels Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump....dinner tmrw night!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    BUMP\