Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Feeling much better about this now! Im fairly new to this gym, and since one of the better looking guys added me to facebook, its been weighing on me a little bit more then a few weeks ago, since he's seen my pics of me looking amazing, and then its so different when im at the gym. not sure why I let the guy who I see check his abs out in the mirror 6 times in a hour bother me in this way.

Any smart guy will appreciate your beauty more after seeing the gym/sweaty side. Lol
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    leah - my wife is a babydoll she knows it and i know it, but when it's gym time it's always about the work, the sweat and the what we think of one another no one else. When you walk into the gym your walking in to "put in work" you're beautiful before you go in and with an honest workout you're even more beautiful afterwards. Reaching your goal will make you feel like you always dolled up make up or not because you will feel great and look even greater don't worry about make up at the gym save that for date night :wink: and keep striving
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Any smart guy will appreciate your beauty more after seeing the gym/sweaty side. Lol

^I associate this with many positive personality traits.

BTW, that picture is AWESOME!
  • chica559
    Options
    I only apply my makeup once and that's for work. I wont touch up my makeup before the gym but I also don't go without it. Weekends are a different story.... my favorite time when I can roll out of bed and into the gym sans makeup. I could care less who is looking at me.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am oblivious to everybody and everything. The gym is my happy place.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel not so pretty at the gym?

Let's see. Sweating like a pig, check. Face red as a *kitten* in church with no makeup to cover it up, check. Clothes falling off me because I'm losing faster than my wallet can keep up with, check. Awkward and self-concious and sure that everyone is watching and laughing, check.

Not so pretty? I'm flippin gorgeous in the gym. And so are you!
  • 3DFitness
    3DFitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel not so pretty at the gym? I mean, most of the time im makeup-less. Now, i dont look horrible without it, but just, not as good. There are always so many people, and sometimes I feel self-concious! Does anyone else get this?

From a males perspective, we could care less how your make up and hair looks outside the gym yet alone in the gym. We're looking at the body.
  • Mrstlovely
    Options
    to lose this amount of weight i could not care nor can i care about being preety..BEAST MODE IS ON..i save preety for the hubster...which im always beautiful to him make-up or not..sides mascara really burns when you sweat lol
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    no one really knows what you look like with out makeup. and ive learned its not that much different. get used to just putting on mascara and lip gloss, thats what i do
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No I don't feel that way. I think I look fine with or without makeup though. Usually when I'm doing squats I'm looking in the mirror thinking "damn I look good."

Lol I'm so modest.

I don't wear makeup to the gym because I go first thing in the morning. And my hair usually looks stupid. I am more concerned about my body than my hair/makeup.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I used to until I realized that I actually feel my "best looking" in the gym.. When I have a natural glow due to the blood pumping through my body... when I am feeling strong, determined, fierce... When I realize how far I have come, in such a short time, (mentally, physically and emotionally)... Make up, phooey ... I actually take it off when I get there after work and before I work out!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I feel sexiest at the gym, or when I'm sore from a gym session. I love the "I'm so sore and so sexy" swagger-limp I have going on sometimes lol
  • QueenDiva08
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff honey!! There are plenty of guys out there who like a natural look. Then when we get glam, now the mouths are watering!! Inside and out, I'm sure you're a knock out!! I go to the gym in beast mode too. I have 56lbs to go. These guys are still looking at my butt when I'm in belly dancing class!!! LOL!! Keep up the good work and feel good about making the "make-up-less, I will sweat my hair out, grunt while I lift weights" commitment!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Makeup haters want to shame you for wearing makeup at the gym? So ridiculous. Nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance--isn't that why most everyone is on here anyway?

I absolutely wear some makeup to the gym. And for anyone who thinks that means I'm not there to work out, please come to my spin class. My class will kick your *kitten* and everyone at the gym knows it--I push the most watts and work the members the hardest of any of the instructors WHILE I wear my makeup.

I also wear makeup while I am squatting and/or deadlifting135#, cycling 100 miles averaging 16 mph on a century ride, paddleboarding a mile or more out in the ocean with 3+ foot swells, teaching dance classes, performing on stage, AND you can bet your *kitten* I"m wearing it right now as I'm typing this post.

I'm not trying to pick anyone up (happily married 15 years with 4 kids), so you can just lay that one down too.

Green looks unattractive on everyone.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    *Shrug* I wear makeup to the gym, but that doesn't mean I don't give it my all and not work my *kitten* off while I'm there. It makes me feel better about myself.. Personally, it makes me want to work extra hard.

No doubt, my make-up is never the same when I leave, but I think it's hot in its own way. Glistening skin.. Wet, piece-y hair from sweating.. Eyeliner that smudges in the process to make my eyes smoulder.

To each her own.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't feel sexy with a wet patch on my back and sweat dripping off me but I do feel fab wearing uber clingy compression tights.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't always feel pretty when at the gym either. But at least when you go there its basically ok to look crappy.
    I wear makeup and try to look presentable, but ppl who are for real working out don't care what you look like.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you're looking pretty at the gym you're not working out hard enough. I always get a chuckle out of the girls who do their make up to go to the gym. You are pretty anyway so forget the makeup while working out. Plus most guys at the gym like the girls who are more focused on their workout then how they look. :wink:

i wear makeup to the gym what can i say im insecure. i feel and look weird without it (imo) im so used to seeing myself with it on. HOWEVER i always work hard at the gym and i always sweat!
  • shakarock
    shakarock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to feeling gross at the gym. By the time I'm done I'm literally drenched in sweat. What helps me is to just blast my music, not think about it, and remember that everyone else there is sweaty as hell, too.
  • Krisgren
    Options
    I did at the beginning when I was more insecure and just getting started, now....the sweatier the better I think, like someone else said...proud to enter beast mode!!!!