50 Shades??

18910111214»

Replies

• Missymel84
    Missymel84 Posts: 14 Member
    I don't care for it either. Read the first one, had to force myself through it, and it took me 2 weeks.
    I love reading and will finish a book in a few hours if I'm really into it, but it just didn't do it for me
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    i read the first book very quickly, second book sorta quickly and about 4 months later....book 3 is half done. it was predictable and i was bored reading about all the sex
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    I hated it. It's reinforces tired stereotypes that women can change men into someone else. It glorifies abusive relationships. And it reads like it was written by a poorly educated teenager. And to me anyway, it was not sexy in the least. I am sorry to everyone who read it and loved it, but it was a huge waste of my time.

I can't remember if I already quoted this or not. But I feel the same way, only since I have started it, I do want to finish the books. I'm on book 3
  • on book 3 lol
  • same here lol cant finish book 3
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    oh what i would give to have me a christian grey... hm lol
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Almost everyone I know including my self has either read or knows somebody that has!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    oh what i would give to have me a christian grey... hm lol
    Seek therapy.
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    I read all three within a few days and loved them. The first book starts out kind of slow, but I really enjoyed it after the first few chapters. I realize it's supposed to be "Twilight Fan Fiction," but this book in no way, shape, or form makes me think of Twilight. From what I recall Bella and Edward never had any kind of Red Room of Pain or any think of that likeness. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Twilight when I first read it, but now I realize it wasn't that great. However, I could easily read 50 Shades all over again!