Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not here for friends, I have Facebook for that, I am here for keeping MYSELF accountable. I log it ALL, would be lying to myself if I didn't. If I find friends/ support along the way great but for me it is not a necessity.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I log everything besides spices/teas/diet sodas/other no-calorie items, except on holidays where I don't log at all (not gonna weigh my portions at a family gathering, lol.)

I think the fact that I lose weight consistently despite having cookies or ice cream almost every day speaks for itself. If I were gaining or maintaining, I'd be a little embarrassed to log food that I know isn't helping me, but that embarrassment would probably stop me from eating it in the first place.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If I bite it, then I write it!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

I record everything, unless I forget the odd thing, like say I grab a handful of grapes from the fridge. I think i'd remember if i ate a chocolate bar or pizza though! I don't always add little things, like herbs in my dinner for example. I figure they only have about 2 calories in them anyway.

Knowing that people look at my diary definitely influences what I eat because I know I will be honest, otherwise what's the point of using MFP?
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally - I travel a lot, and I don't have a smartphone, so I can't always post to MFP what I eat. I don't really consider that "lying". I've posted 1200 calorie days and 2500 calorie days - if something's not posted, it's usually because I haven't been able to get on the computer that day.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I log it all ... no matter how shameful. And sometimes it is pretty bad. I'd rather delete all my MFP friends than lie on my food log. I am in this to be successful!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I record it all. Being held accountable for my actions is a huge motivator for me.
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I understand the sentiment behind the question. The first two weeks after joining MFP, I was extremely diligent and ate very cleanly. On my first splurge day, the thought crossed my mind. Do I really want to record that I went over my food goal by 1000 calories!!! After I thought about it, I recorded every single tasty morsel. Even though we’re all strangers, I have found the MFP community to be the most supportive and non-judgmental group of folks that can obviously relate to what it’s like to struggle with weight loss. Glad I posted it all for the MFP world to see. The next day I was back on track.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    NOPE! I ate a 1/2 (luckily my daughter was there to eat the other 1/2) of a Dairy Queen Oreo Brownie Sundae for lunch this week and I logged every calorie of it lol.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It does not go in my mouth unless I log it 1st... Good, bad, or ugly. Lying to MFP friends and to "real life" friends is bad enough, but it's worse to lie to yourself. It's all about honesty and accountability.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It would be more like lying to myself if I didn't record everything.
    What she said.
  • raquelgal1
    Options
    HAHA....Good one.
  • helga_30
    Options
    the days I eat bad , i don't write in my journal :(
  • Gail1111
    Options
    nope its the good the bad and the ugly
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I log everything honestly.
    It really wouldn't be a matter of lying to MFP friends, but lying to myself...
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    No, I never lie. Ultimately, I do this for me and no one else. To lie on MFP would be just trying to lie to yourself. What good is that? I take responsibility for my food choices and don't apologize for them. I record the good, the bad, and the ugly and hold myself accountable the entire time:D
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If I lie when I record, I'm lying to myself and therefore hindering my own weight loss. No one is perfect and even if I try to be a good role model (which I do); I'm still human and like to have something that I shouldn't eat on a regular basis now and then.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do not lie on my food on MFP. If I did, Id be lying to myself and that helps no one.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would say I'm pretty honest. There is a lot I log and there are a few things I don't. The small things I don't are far and few between and to me don't account for much.

There's is no reason to lie about it, as it only hurts you.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I log as much as I can.
    Generally only miss condiments and mints/tic tacs.