You Eat WHAT?!

Options

Replies

• dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    chocolate and peanut butter people think i'm nuts

We have a peanut butter filled chocolate here in New Zealand.
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Marble cheese and nutella. :$
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter and jelly, judge me.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I was little I would put sugar on eggs...yep...eggs. :sick:

That only seems odd because you forgot the soy sauce. :bigsmile:
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well my 10-year old daughter thinks I'm strange for eating cheddar cheese with graham crackers and milk....I'm sure that's not the strangest combo ever but I like it. When I was a teenager, my favorite "silly sandwich" (whenever I could get away with it when my parents weren't looking) was peanut butter and brown sugar --- totally unhealthy and full of sugar and fat but it sure tastes good!! Little worried about people who eat glue though -- can't be healthy, could be harmful and addicting like a drug!! Reminds me of when I was pregnant with my son and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" said to be sure to let your doctor know if you were craving clay, dirt or laundry soap. I was like ?????!!!WHAT THE...??!!! Did ask my doctor what that was all about and he said it was more of a problem with third world women who are experiencing severe malnutrition. OK so --not me...good to know!! So I'm thinking if you are craving glue or glue sticks, you need some serious medical attention to address nutritional deficiencies!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love eating raw pasta- my favorite is tortellini. It probably means I have some kind of vitamin deficiency.

Also love potato chips on my sandwiches - but don't eat it that way very often

I used to eat raw pasta as a kid, The dry crunchy stuff, not fresh pasta.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I put dill pickle slices on my bagle with cream cheese.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    I never thought it was weird until someone told me so. I slice apples and cheese and eat them ontop of each other. It's delicous and i've done it my y/whole life.

My husband and I recently went to a cheese class at a local specialty market. OMG, it was so freakin' good. The cooking demo included and adult grilled cheese that had thinly sliced granny smith apples in it. So amazingly delish! I didn't think it was appealing when he was putting it together, but I kept an open mind and died and went to heaven. Chef David could make a girl forget she was working on a healthy lifestyle.

So YUMMY to cheese and apples. Nice salty sweet combo.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    When I was young I used to suck on boulion cubes, I would also pour seasoning salt in my hand and lick it... and I would eat ramen noodles dry (without cooking them) and eat the spice packet seperately.

I love lemon pepper now... I sprinkle some on my veggies or baked yam
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I make grilled Fluffernutters for my nephews. Very tasty but definitely a treat & not a staple.
    I also like pb & mayo together, especially on a cracker with cheese melted in the microwave, but I haven't done it in years. I learned that recipe from my Dad.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh and when I was a kid we used to make butter & sugar sandwiches.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    Okay, here's our family list of weird food combos:

My dad loves cheese dipped in syrup. The sharper the cheese, the better. He also loves sugar on raw slices of tomatoes. I like it too, but haven't done that in years. He also likes sandwiches of summer sausage and buttered bread with jelly. Yes, he is morbidly obese.

My husband used to love a great big glass of orange juice with a bowl of popcorn. He can't do that anymore due to Type I Diabetes.

I like plain potato chips dipped in a glass of icy cold milk. Can't explain it! As a child, I would take a spoonful of Crisco and dip it sugar and eat it plain. As I ate away the sugar, I'd dip it in more sugar. I also loved raw milk as a child. For the record, I was a very thin child. There is NO WAY I'd eat the Crisco/sugar thing or drink raw milk now. I know raw milk is popular again, I just don't like the taste anymore and I'm so used to skim that even 2% seems thick to me.

Give me a bag of Ruffles and a glass of skim milk and I'm in heaven! I also like Tato Skins baked potato flavor chips and plain sour cream as a dip.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't a weird combo, it's just a weird thing to do. Microwaved marshmallows!
    It is seriously the only thing our microwave gets used for, lol.
    You know when you're a kid and you microwave marshmallows to watch them triple in size for science? They get really hard and crunchy after, with a sort of caramelized/burnt taste to them... best thing ever!
    Sadly, I'm a pastry chef, and that's my favourite treat. haha

I also looove chip buttys, I was introduced to them when I lived in Europe way back when, wasn't a weird combo over there, but when I do it here in North America, people look at me like I am off my rocker :)
  • cblevitron
    Options
    I like peanut butter and jelly, judge me.

Best food on the planet.

Edit: Ever had a grilled one?
  • sundrine
    Options
    Straight up peanut butter+honey. I don't eat it if I can help it because obviously the combination is extremely calorie dense, but man is it amazing. :D
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    I used to eat blackboard chalk sticks like crazy when I was in school. Now I sip hot mustard sauce occasionally. :P
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ate saltine crackers with miracle whip
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • jeronimo1976
    jeronimo1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat glue too, it helps burn the calories, its a scientific proven fact, but they keep it under wraps becasue they make so much money off of diet pills and stuff.

????
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Mushy peas and black olives, together !!!