You Eat WHAT?!

Options

Replies

• mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i like cooked lima beans (salted) mixed with plain spaghetti. it's best to eat it hot or warm. lots of carbs and calories though.

also, i like BBQ sauce on hot dogs instead of mustard or ketchup.

yes, i'm weird. i know.

I like BBQ sauce on hot dogs, too. I don't think it's that weird.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh and when I was in high school (Chch NZ) my mate and I would eat vegemite and lettuce sammies stuffed with hot chips. Tino pai te kai. YUM.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich mmmmmm
    this

Try adding some sultanas (or raisins) to this plus a squirt of lemon juice.
    Seems wrong but tastes so good!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My husband and son eat french fries dipped in chocolate shakes. They love it. I love both of those things separately but together just does not float my boat.

YES!!!! Wendy's french fries dipped in a chocolate Frosty are AWESOME!

This also reminds me of the time a friend and I accidentally put sugar on our fries at a ski lodge instead of salt. It tasted like fried dough! We liked it so much we got another order and did it again and started coming up with a plan to market it to the world! lmao.... oh, high school memories!!!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Toast + Marmite + Poached Egg = Heaven :love:

Also tinned chopped tomatoes doused in balsamic vinegar with a little sprinkle of onion salt ..yummm !

Tinned mushrooms covered in Franks Hot Sauce ... in fact just about anything is made better with Hot Sauce :bigsmile:
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Not diet friendly but.... Andy Capps Hot Fries with a bowl of ice cream at the same time.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't a weird combo, it's just a weird thing to do. Microwaved marshmallows!
    It is seriously the only thing our microwave gets used for, lol.
    You know when you're a kid and you microwave marshmallows to watch them triple in size for science? They get really hard and crunchy after, with a sort of caramelized/burnt taste to them... best thing ever!
    Sadly, I'm a pastry chef, and that's my favourite treat. haha

OMG! We did that as kids. We also nuked marshmallows with a dab of PB. It was like heaven in your mouth lol
    My kids started microwaving marshmallows this year after camping, (never taught them this lol)

My Bf likes to eat toasted PB sandwiches with ketchup :sick: He says it tastes like bbq peanuts.
    He also likes sauces, any kind on vegetables, prefers ketchup though
    And he likes to have pickle sandwiches with mustard, ketchuip and TONS of relish.

Me....? Im not sure I eat anything too weird, KD with salsa?
  • higgins1988
    Options
    this sounds amazing! PB on a burger
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs on toast with avocado, lemon juice and touch of salt. :D
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    Mine used to be nearly burnt toast with vegemite, crunchy peanut butter & mashed banana....omg it was awesome
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    pork rinds with diced tomatoes, onions avocado and lime juice. Eat with or without tortillas. My dad used to make it when I lived at home, now I eat it about once a month or so, depending on avocado availability :)
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Lobster salad sandwich with lots of green olives. Mind you green olives with anything work for me!

Nom nom nom, that doesn't sound weird at all ... sounds delicious!!
  • gkwatra
    Options
    I have tomato and cucumber for breakfast . . . I couldn't think of any other easy vegetable that I could have for breakfast.

In the Mediterranean countries, they eat them in pita bread. Yummm.
  • gkwatra
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich mmmmmm

Elvis, is that you??
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    My son eats lemons. As for me, I don't think I really eat anything strange. Some people look at me funny when I dip my chicken nuggets in honey or my french fries in a frosty from Wendy's - but I know other people do these things, so I must not be that strange. xD
  • gkwatra
    Options
    Used to eat plain spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan. I don't do that anymore because of the overload of fat and carbs. I remember my mom telling me that my type 2 diabetic great grandmother used to drink the syrup straight from the canned pears can. She died before I was born. Go figure ...:noway:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much that I consider weird. I guess a lot of people would consider the variety of sushi I eat to be weird. Or the blood gelatin and pig feet in Vietnamese soups. I suppose Doritos and French onion dip would qualify as weird. Or stinky cheese (no idea what the name is, I call it stinky foot cheese) with blackberry jelly.

ETA: A coworker eats peanut butter, banana and mayo on rye bread. I understand everything except the mayo.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, and I hear it's a real regional thing, but I LOVE ranch on my pizza and french fries. And I dig on cottage cheese with salsa ... I'm from NM, so it's not weird for me, but for some ... I put green chile on dang near any/everything.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I eat zoodles (canned pasta in tomato sauce) straight out of the can. As in, open can, get fork, eat. No heating. My family htinks it's gross, but I like it way better cold.
  • 1_day_at_a_time
    Options
    i eat pickled ginger (kind you get with sushi to cleanse palate). straight out of the jar. i try to keep it to a tablespoon but sometimes...it's just so good!

mee toooo!!! SSOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!! i eat a lot more than a tbs..MMmmmmm