What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well usually it starts with a hide from newsfeed. Breaks are good. Sometimes I "unhide" and sometimes delete eventually.
    I don't do it often though. Usually drama types. :) Some that I haven't ever heard from, as they have been gone for a very long time, I might unfriend. Since I never knew them to begin with it doesn't feel like I unfriended a person. It's so neat to see someone that hasn't been on in a few months come back! :) I like when that happens! It's good to see their pic back on my newsfeed and that they are back at it!

Everyone on my friends list right now is great! :)
  • buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just deleted a girl yesterday I felt so very bad for doing so but her post were so disturbing to me. Then I made the mistake of going through her friends list and became even more disturbed by the amount of sick girls on this site. It makes me so sad, but I can't have it on my feed and not say something.

I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't had any friends like this so far. Also, I liked your comment about "ACTIVE, weird and/or creepy"! That's why I just smile and say thank you when my daughter says I'm weird.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I just deleted a girl yesterday I felt so very bad for doing so but her post were so disturbing to me. Then I made the mistake of going through her friends list and became even more disturbed by the amount of sick girls on this site. It makes me so sad, but I can't have it on my feed and not say something.

I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't had any friends like this so far. Also, I liked your comment about "ACTIVE, weird and/or creepy"! That's why I just smile and say thank you when my daughter says I'm weird.

• MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    When people say loose not lose lol!!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

WIN!!!!!!!!!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    FROM ANOTHER POSTER:
    Personally, if someone has not logged on in 4 or 5 days I go to their profile and see if there is a "vacation" or "hospital issue" or anything that explains why they may not be online, if there is nothing there then I click the 'ol Remove Friend button. I am certainly not perfect, and don't expect others to be, but if you can't be here for me when I need you (which is why we are friends on this site) then all you have done is proven I don't need you as a friend here. That may sound a bit cold, but I am here to get **** done and I refuse to be held back, or even associate with someone who is not dedicated to the same ending result: Being Healthier.

I truly do not know how I can be supportive of you, in this healthy journey, if you choose to have your Diary closed. I cannot speak for anyone else, I look to see if you have hit your goals, and to ensure you are not starving yourself; as so many seem to try to do these days. I really cannot, in good conscious, tell you “Good Job” or offer any other congratulatory remarks when you have only netted 200 calories for the day. It is your life, and you choose to do what you choose to do, I am not trying to tell anyone how to live there life. I am saying that I want to be able to support, encourage, and comment on my friends here at MFP and that with a closed Diary I simply do not feel that I can honestly do so. With that being the case, if you choose to keep your diary private then we need to part as friends. I have no hard feelings and hope that you do not either, and I wish you nothing but success in your endeavor.

After reading this thread it is proof that people are different, we have different goals, methods, and expectations from our friends. I do not think that unfriending someone is a big deal, chances are you did not know the person before you befriended them, and in the process of getting to know them you decided that you did not appreciate their methodology; we do it in real life all the time.

Have a Great Weekend :-)
    [/quote]

FROM ME:
    Totally agree with you. And this is not a place where the more friends you have, you win. No, I don't do that on Facebook either or in real life. I've learned through the months that I need to keep the most positive, dedicated and most similar to my issues rather than they type of people who have huge crisis, you are there for them and then they are never there for you. It's too lopsided as it would be in real life as well.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Inactivity with myself. Or if they haven't logged on in more than a week or two without reason.
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If they like Nickelback.

ha! love this
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone because they were very needy. They wanted everyone to comment on her every post about eating, and her work and then her exercise. Sorry I don't have time for that. I like my small group of pals and do enjoy commenting and supporting them, just not 20 times a day.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I frankly think it's stupid how many people are THAT nosey that they need their friends to have their diaries open. Mine is closed, even to my friends, because rather than being held accountable, I found that I was more likely to be dishonest with myself on how much I actually ate to try to look good. So I closed it because now no one is there to say what a "****ty" job I did that day because I went over by 50 cals. No thanks, mind your business. If I want it open, I will open it. If you don't want friends that have it closed, I'm probably better off anyway.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've unfriended a few people.. people who haven't logged in a really long time, and not because they're not committed, I just mostly want to keep my list small, and having a bunch of people who are never on just seems like friend clutter. lol

I've deleted a couple people who deactivated their accounts,

One guy who exercised like gangbusters three/four days in a row and obsessed about every single thing he ate including asking everyone how many calories were in whatever, and then he'd do nothing for a month.. over and over like this, and then freaked out constantly because he wasn't losing.

deleted an anorexic girl..not because of the starving thing, but she was obviously under 18, and I couldn't relate to most of what she posted. I'm not sure why she wanted to add me to start with.

and I deleted a guy who had made a total of 1 post, but had over 900 friends.

that's about it. :smile:
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options

WIN!!!!!!!!!!

High five!!!!
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I frankly think it's stupid how many people are THAT nosey that they need their friends to have their diaries open. Mine is closed, even to my friends, because rather than being held accountable, I found that I was more likely to be dishonest with myself on how much I actually ate to try to look good. So I closed it because now no one is there to say what a "****ty" job I did that day because I went over by 50 cals. No thanks, mind your business. If I want it open, I will open it. If you don't want friends that have it closed, I'm probably better off anyway.

Amen!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i recently unfriended someone because i realized she was pro-ana. she admits to having an eating disorder. her last update was "do you ever just go to bed to avoid eating?" ok...that was it. not to mention ALL her friends are the same way. their profile pics show images of protruding bones, hollowed out stomachs, that sort of thing.

i had no idea MFP allowed people like this. or perhaps they are flying under the radar. it's scary knowing people like that are out there. they need professional help. it truly saddens me that people have such distorted images of their bodies or that they strive to look so thin.
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I didn't log on for several day when my dad passed away 2 weeks ago and some people deleted me. So just because someone doesn't log on for a few days doesn't mean that they are not committed, just sometimes other things take priority.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Endless negativity.

a good reason to unfriend a person in real life too!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    no interaction with me
    no logging. just adding quick cals does not count as logging to me
    going w/o logging for more than 3 days
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Anyone else just flicked through this thread looking for ex-Mfp friends who unfriended you and you were looking for insight?

Just me then!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think it's very rude when I send pics of my junk, and they don't respond in kind. That's grounds for immediate deletion.

but i never got any pictures :sad: