Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

So you can't differentiate a toilet from a bathroom?
    Wow, I'd hate to clean your house.

Well, since uncovered toilet flushes release waste into the air, it's a pretty relevant statement for this thread. Also, you should take into consideration the lack of personal hygiene practices in public bathrooms and how dirty surfaces really are.

If a person has bad hygiene, walking outside of the restroom won't magically make them clean. They'll still be equally dirty when they sit at the table and use their fecal hands to open their baby's mouth and put it on their fecal covered skin. So again, you also agree that there is no medical reason to not do it in the bathroom.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Breast feeding is a natural thing. So is pissing and sh*tting.
    Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it should be made public.

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.
    Your food is in the toilet. Go eat.

public toilets do not have lids. Everytime you flush a fine mist of fecal matter and and urine are thrown into the air and on to everything around. The bathroom is no place to be feeding a baby. If you are offended by my breastfeeding go eat your meal in the bathroom.

I love how all of you have said eating in the bathroom is bad because people are dirty. Do you not understand how idiotic your arguments are? You are all proving my point. I love it!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.

public toilets do not have lids. Everytime you flush a fine mist of fecal matter and and urine are thrown into the air and on to everything around. The bathroom is no place to be feeding a baby. If you are offended by my breastfeeding go eat your meal in the bathroom.

I love how all of you have said eating in the bathroom is bad because people are dirty. Do you not understand how idiotic your arguments are? You are all proving my point. I love it!

proving you are an idiot is all I see!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

What I find funny is that is very similar to what you are asking the babies and the moms do by eating in the restroom. The average purse has a fair amount of fecal matter on it from being set down public restrooms. Why would you ask a mom to set her babybag down and pull out feeding materials in those conditions? You think those family room couches are any cleaner?

I appreciate your desire to prove me wrong with facts. It speaks volumes for your character and I do sincerely appreciate it. Now as for the content of said information, many women pump in bathrooms already. So why would feeding be overtly worse? Also, if using a restroom results in people being completely coated in fecal matter, then it doesn't really matter where you eat because that fecal matter will still be on you unless you shower (oh wait, showers are in bathrooms). So by your logic, we have no opportunity to be free of fecal matter. If you think the family room couch is equally dirty, then there is no negative impact biologically by having said mother breastfeed in the bathroom. So the only difference is the decision of decency and whether one should perform private acts in public or in private. I vote private.

Yes, many women do pump in bathrooms, but I don't think that they should feel they have to. I would wager that these women feel immodest pumping elsewhere or pressured. It's actually in our employment handbook that our agency is required to provide a private space that is *not* a bathroom to pump or feed because of the sanitation risks.

It's true that no one place is likely free of contamination. In fact, I know it's true. I work in healthcare, and even hospitals have to minimize the time patients are in because of the risk of infection. However, some places are inherently cleaner than others. A table in a restaurant that follows health codes is going to be cleaner than a restroom, because the table is cleaned every time it is vacated with a clean(er) towel. (I worked in restaurants as well, and you don't say rags. :laugh: But we really did use clean towels that were soaked in frequently changed disinfectant.)

I'm not sure if the comment about my character was sarcasm or not because of online inflection reading problems, but if it was sincere, thank you and back atcha. :flowerforyou:
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Breastfeeding is a natural normal process and if someone has a problem with it they might take the time to analyze themselves and find out why they have this problem ....
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options

would you sit on a toilet and eat your food? I will NOT feed my baby in the bathroom due to health
    reasons alone. I bet you wouldn't say that to a person in a public place breastfeeding. So much safer
    safer with a keyboard and a screen.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

If a person has bad hygiene, walking outside of the restroom won't magically make them clean. They'll still be equally dirty when they sit at the table and use their fecal hands to open their baby's mouth and put it on their fecal covered skin. So again, you also agree that there is no medical reason to not do it in the bathroom.

I'm not talking about the mother's hygiene, I'm talking about other people's hygiene. Restaurant tables are cleaned much more frequently than restaurant restrooms.

Let me ask you: would you allow yourself to have surgery in a restroom or would you insist on the most sterile environment available to you? According to your logic, there is no medical reason not to have your surgery in the bathroom.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this is going to come across completely wrong....and i dont mean anything by it at all... but breastfeeding freaks me out and makes me feel a little bit queasy...

quite a few shopping centers now have "family rooms" or "parent rooms" i think more places should... "We have two Parent Rooms with changing facilities, private areas for feeding and child-sized sinks and toilets. They also offer a mix of other family-friendly services including bottle warmers and a play area and television for older children."

im going to add this so i dont get the nastyness some are .... public displays of affection make me feel queasy too... id no more like to see someone stick their tongue down someones throat than i would see you breastfeed you child ...*shudders*
    x

seriously is there the need to change your profile picture because of this thread... blegh!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no problem with breastfeeding. I plan to do so when I have kids! I personally would keep it more private and not breastfeed in public. If people do, then it is their choice and I certainly don't mind.

Posting pics on facebook is a bit much though
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Also, I forgive you this for not knowing because you are male, but many babies do not need the encouragement of a mom opening their mouths. A nipple becoming available is often all the encouragement a baby needs. Babies will also attempt to make a nipple become available even when a mom is completely covered.
  • amyrebtx
    amyrebtx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't like seeing it when I'm having dinner at a restaurant.

Yes I can look away, but it's the crash scene effect where you sometimes can't help, but look.

I'd rather see a woman nurse her baby than watch some person with bad table manners stuff themselves.
  • meganrn08
    Options
    When I breast feed, I show less boob than some of the profile pics here (including the original poster). Just saying....
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Well some people just can't see that good.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

I'm not talking about the mother's hygiene, I'm talking about other people's hygiene. Restaurant tables are cleaned much more frequently than restaurant restrooms.

Let me ask you: would you allow yourself to have surgery in a restroom or would you insist on the most sterile environment available to you? According to your logic, there is no medical reason not to have your surgery in the bathroom.

An OR is cleaned far better than a bathroom. Also, said fecal covered doctors will then cover themselves in scrubs and gloves to keep their fecalness covered. Even then, people often get infections in hospitals.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

Your last statement should say well not good. Some people don't know proper English either.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Your last statement should say well not good. Some people don't know proper English either.

Okay now you are just being nitpicky
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

What I find funny is that is very similar to what you are asking the babies and the moms do by eating in the restroom. The average purse has a fair amount of fecal matter on it from being set down public restrooms. Why would you ask a mom to set her babybag down and pull out feeding materials in those conditions? You think those family room couches are any cleaner?

I appreciate your desire to prove me wrong with facts. It speaks volumes for your character and I do sincerely appreciate it. Now as for the content of said information, many women pump in bathrooms already. So why would feeding be overtly worse? Also, if using a restroom results in people being completely coated in fecal matter, then it doesn't really matter where you eat because that fecal matter will still be on you unless you shower (oh wait, showers are in bathrooms). So by your logic, we have no opportunity to be free of fecal matter. If you think the family room couch is equally dirty, then there is no negative impact biologically by having said mother breastfeed in the bathroom. So the only difference is the decision of decency and whether one should perform private acts in public or in private. I vote private.

Yes, many women do pump in bathrooms, but I don't think that they should feel they have to. I would wager that these women feel immodest pumping elsewhere or pressured. It's actually in our employment handbook that our agency is required to provide a private space that is *not* a bathroom to pump or feed because of the sanitation risks.

It's true that no one place is likely free of contamination. In fact, I know it's true. I work in healthcare, and even hospitals have to minimize the time patients are in because of the risk of infection. However, some places are inherently cleaner than others. A table in a restaurant that follows health codes is going to be cleaner than a restroom, because the table is cleaned every time it is vacated with a clean(er) towel. (I worked in restaurants as well, and you don't say rags. :laugh: But we really did use clean towels that were soaked in frequently changed disinfectant.)

I'm not sure if the comment about my character was sarcasm or not because of online inflection reading problems, but if it was sincere, thank you and back atcha. :flowerforyou:

I am most definitely a sarcastic person, but I was completely serious about my comments on your character. I always welcome different ideas from calm and intelligent people who want to present their views in a clear and logical way. Even if we completely disagree, I will respect you and your views 100%.

That being said, I find restaurants to be quite disgusting. The chairs and tables are more rinsed off than washed, depending on the establishment. I can't even begin to count the number of times I see a guy use the bathroom and then walk out without cleaning his hands and then a minute later I walk out and see him pulling the chair out or rubbing his wife's hair back. Thuroughly disgusting.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

An OR is cleaned far better than a bathroom. Also, said fecal covered doctors will then cover themselves in scrubs and gloves to keep their fecalness covered. Even then, people often get infections in hospitals.

As is just about everywhere. Even if it doesn't meet the standards of an OR. It would be nearly impossible for a public place to keep a bathroom as clean as the rest of the place. And my friends that breastfeed take care to keep wipies with them, which allows them to make their their hands and surfaces are clean. They can't do anything about fecal matter floating around in bathroom air, however. I think you've actually just proven everyone's point who is saying that just about anywhere is cleaner than a bathroom. There's no pristine or perfectly safe place, but many places are safer than a bathroom.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    ladies, you better all go buy burqa's. We are offending FLguy with our skin!!!
  • Wrreck
    Wrreck Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A long time ago our neighbors invited us over for a movie night. We were all sitting around having a good time watching this movie and eating popcorn when all of a sudden their 3 1/2 year old said, "Mommy, I want a drink." Well the next thing we know she's breastfeeding on Mommy's lap. We were so weirded out by the experience that we never accepted a movie invite again. Each to their own, but if it makes others uncomfortable don't expect them to show support.