What was your clique in HS, and are you still the same?

Options

Replies

• tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was a mean girl. Not top dog but up there. Am I still the same? Sometimes, but not always.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nerdy (as in Valedictorian super nerd lol) band geek who was also a cheerleader (although my school was a bit small and the marching band was "cool" but only losers did cheerleading). Now I'm in a chemistry PhD program, so we're all nerds. I would say I'm the on the freaky side of nerd (ride a motorcycle, have tattoos and dye my hair crazy colors). The cliques here basically boil down to "Asian" and "Non-Asian", your labmates, and your year of entry.

OMG! The cheerleaders at our school were losers too! It was the drill team that were the popular girls! :laugh:
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    High school was one of the worst times of my life. Being a fat girl in a small town did not make me the most popular person. Some of my friends were the punk kids: tattooed, pierced and had funky hair colors, or kids that didn't fit in anywhere else. I am still a fat girl in an even smaller town now so it's still pretty much the same.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I was kinda all over the place... I was friends with the band geeks, jocks, car guys, stoners, punks, the artsy fks, the white kids who needed a racial check, and just about everyone in between. I don't think I ever felt like I belonged to any one group.

I'd say I'm pretty much the same now. I'm still not sure if I belong anywhere, the difference is now I don't care.
  • KMD188
    KMD188 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was friends with everyone and got along with pretty much everyone that I came across. I still find myself to be the same way.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I don't remember. It was the 70's.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    i was an Arsehole and i still am!
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    Hated high school skipped most of it to party and no I am far from the stoner hiding their fears in highschool andwould be mortified if I thought my kids would be like me..
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We were band dorks. Yes I'm still the same
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I was a misfit I didn't fit in with any particular group
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Nerd/band geek...but I was the king of the nerds. I was the most worldly and "normal" in my group. In the blind man's world, the one-eyed man is king.

Yes, I'm still the same though I'm not quite as shy as I used to be and I'm more athletic.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I was a loner and still am.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    outsider. and yep, that's pretty much still me today. i had a very close circle of friends, less than 10 people, that I stuck by. i'm basically a hermit today. i don't go out much and prefer to spend time at home with my husband and daughter. i'm jealous that so many of my friends back then now go out whenever they want and they don't have families to look after... but i wouldn't change my life for anything.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm English, and our secondary schools are nothing like high schools! I'm a secondary school teacher now, and the kids don't really seem to be in cliques.

Kids play sports, but we don't have a big stadium where everyone attends games, or cheerleaders or anything. Kids in the UK wear school uniform so they can't really be set apart by style or anything. Plus our schools are pretty big, going from Year 7 to year 11, and some schools until year 13. (so age 11-16 or 18).

The school I went to had Y12 and 13, and probably around 1200 students. I was quiet, shy and studious, i got good grades and I played the flute! I didn't really stand out in any way. I had some good friends, but like I said we don't really have cliques in our schools.

When I was in the 6th form (year 12 and 13) we could wear what we wanted, so I suppose I was a bit alternative (but that was the fashion at the time), and used to go out drinking (age 17 - it's legal at 18 here).

I am nothing like I was then! I am sporty and fit now, and confident, and much more attractive at age 35 than I was at 18!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I hung out with the stoners. I had friends in all groups though.

Definitely not the same way! I wouldn't even know where to buy weed these days. :tongue:
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Small group of friends... athlete: figure skater, swimmer, tennis player, borderline nerd... had mean girl tendencies that REALLY came out in college.
  • snwokedi1350
    Options
    i am still in HS but i am cool with everyone and i talk to everyone.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I was friends with at least one person from every group there was. I definitely was an inbetweener like someone said on here before me! I wasn't popular eventhough I had popular friends but I was also friends with the kids that got bullied.
    I am pretty much the same old me except, I seem to have gotten a bit more on the popular side with people since I have lost weight! My 10 year class reunion is in June and I plan on being smokin hott and turning everyone's heads unlike my 300lb self in high school!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a certain clique... I made my own... I was friends with about every type of clique.

At my senior lunch table (when I wasn't skipping) was a goth/punker type couple, a bi guy, a guy straight from mexico, a couple of football players (one was only there to check out my boobs, I think), a bunch of stoners, 2 band nerds, a really quite chick, the track star, 2 pretty boys, a dumbass, oh and ducky (I don't even know the word to describe him) and then me. I bascially made friends with anyone I saw, except this one b!tch, she really shouldn't have stole my seat on the bus that morning!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Girl from the wrong side of the tracks, became a loner and tried to be a wall flower. Now I have many friends who don't judge by where you come from but who you are........I'm blessed.