For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• Annasnewlife
    Options
    I'm sure this is a dumb question, but how can 10-30 pounds be different to loose than a higher number? Why don't we just pretend that we need to loose 60 more? Would that make a difference? Someone set me straight if you can, because I don't get it.
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    I have about 12 lbs to lose...although, I like where my weight is now...I think it is more that I want to tone the butt and thighs! I am afraid if I lose much more weight, I won't have any boobies left! :frown:
    This..
  • Jetersgrl21
    Options
    Sometimes a change in your physical routine may help you break the pleatu, when I was looking to lose those last 8 pounds I increased my strength training and did less cardio. Rumor has it that you do burn more fat strength training *(even after your workout you continue to burn) You no longer need so much cardio because you've lost the bulk of weight. I would recommend swimming laps even, something that is different to what you're doing now. The body does get use to the "use workout" challenge yourself to something more intense.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've only got a few kilos to go. Fed up reading how everybodys weight 'just drops off' !:explode:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    7 down and 24 togo........ITS SO HARD!!!......it was easier the first few months after i had my son to lose weight then it is 3 yrs later......ugh!!!! im getting there and so will you....we just gotta work hard. great things comes from hard work and patience.
  • peanutUK
    peanutUK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes! 15 lbs to lose and it is soooo difficult! What's even more frustrating, if I have a really good week, exercising and sticking to my calorie allowance I seem to gain back any weight I've lost just by having a few drinks and desserts on the weekend! I do want to lose the weight, but I also don't want to never have another G&T or slice of cake! Aaaaarrgh!
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    count me in i want to lose 10lbs but i always stuck in the middle, but right know i have diference after i signup here in MFP, i have friends to encourage me to go ahead in my journey.

Be free to add me, we are here to support us. :)
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am done to the last 10 lbs to my first gw. It is like my body doesn't want to let go of it's lifelong best friend. These pounds seem to be super glued. Makes it even more frustrating when I work out with great intensity, and the calorie burn is soooo much lower than it used to be for the same thing. If nothing else though, I do feel much better and look better too! I bet in another 10 lbs, even better!
  • SlimT05
    SlimT05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    15-20 More and it is the hardest to get off. Goal is year end. I hope to make it.
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm in that range and I feel your pain too :(
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this is a dumb question, but how can 10-30 pounds be different to loose than a higher number? Why don't we just pretend that we need to loose 60 more? Would that make a difference? Someone set me straight if you can, because I don't get it.
    The potential for fat oxidation depends on how much fat mass a person has. The more fat, the more body fat can be burned in a 24 hour period; Conversely, the less fat mass one has, the less body fat can be burned in a 24 hour period. Thus, as one reduces body fat, they need to reduce the deficit by upping calories eaten and/or reducing additional exercise.
  • Lorievans61
    Options
    I am 51 and have gained and lost the same 20 lbs. most of my adult life. This time I have started real weight training, with a barbell. It is working wonders. I am gaining strength, confidence and my body even at 51 is reshaping. You have to also remember to count the calories and do plenty of cardio. I do walking, running, elliptical, skating or biking for 30 -60 minutes everyday and then do 40-50 minutes of weight training on 3 of those days. It is not easy but I am seeing big improvements in my overall fitness, toning and conditioning.
  • suzyjahn
    Options
    I'm there! I started with trying to lose 18 and now I'm down to 10 (or 9 depending on the scale that day!) :) I've been stuck here for awhile. Good luck to you all! May you see the results you desire!
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for another 10-15 lbs. I mess up a lot on weekends and don't always log 100%. Plus I have that Cabernet obsession :blushing:
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This thread! So much love.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 25 more lbs! First 10 came off in a month and now I am stuck.

^^^^^^^this
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ha someone said that the weight seems like it is superglued. SO TRUE. I did insanity and really changed my shape and I'm happy with my results. I obviously want to go further but i only lost about 8 lbs overall. It feels like i lost 15 though bc of the body changes. Hoping to get a few more actual number lbs off and maybe drop one more pants size. It's a longgg harddd journey. So thrilled to know i'm not alone!
  • raveycakes11
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Initially looking to lose about 20 and have lost around 7 so far. Its an uphill battle! Feel free to add for support from someone in a similar boat! :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I have been trying to lose 10 lbs for the last 4 years. I have been pretty successful with cleansing, but then I just go back to the same old eating habits (eating everything I want). I just started using myfitnesspal last week, and by keeping a close eye on my calories vs exercise I have dropped 3 lbs - only 12 more to go to my 15 lbs goal! Also I am starting a cleanse next week. Have you ever done one?

Terrible idea
  • adegroot
    adegroot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose 10-15 lbs for the last 4 years, and am living the yo-yo life. I just started using myfitnesspal last week and have already lost 3lbs, only 12 more to go! I love the calories vs. exercise that this tool records. I am very hopeful that with the help of this community and making smarter choices I can win the battle of the muffin top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!