What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    1. Just be yourself. Don't worry so much about what others think, and learn to laugh at yourself.
    2. Get involved in a sport of some kind.
    3. Don't be afraid to let your feelings show.
    4. Be more helpful to your mother. She's going through something right now and needs the support.
    5. Get a job and start saving for college now.
    6. Study just a bit harder in school so that you won't miss graduating with honors by a measley tenth of a point and you can qualify for academic scholarships.
    7. Be more careful about what you put in your mouth.
    8. Don't settle for the first guy that comes along after high school just because you're lonely.
    9. Be more sensitive to the needs of others.
    10. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Take a leap of faith once in a while and try something new.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    "Self" you are needing to listen to your mom who is saying , "stop eatting all that junk, because pretty soon those thigh will look just like mine".
    Me: saying to myself theres no way I can get that size.
    Now Im even bigger. What the h***? I should have listen =(
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    OK - just one more -

What makes you different is what makes you awesome! And don't let anyone EVER convince you otherwise.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Don't eat dairy.
    Keep dancing.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    One last thing, read up on Narcissistic Sociopaths. It will save you a lot of stress some day, trust me.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Don't get married at 19!!!! Finish School and when your 23 walk into Autozone and meet the love of your life. And move around a bit, don't sit on your *kitten*. Stay who you are, don't let ppl walk all over you and speak your mind starting now. Don't wait till later. Keep your chin up and love yourself more. Your life will have rocky roads but don't let it get you down. Don't let ppl bother you with what they will say.
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Party like its 1999 (which it was)
    Have the time of your life
    Have no regrets now cause getting older sucks. :laugh:
    hey that's the year i was born lol

A great year!!! The year I graduated, lol.... :drinker:
    I really am getting old

You're not old! I was married in 1999!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Stop complaining about being fat, you should see what you're gonna look like in 10 years haha. Put down the Dr. Pepper and Wendy's double with cheese! Just because you are taking weight lifting every semester doesn't mean you are fit.
  • humorous2me
    humorous2me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are on the right path, my friend. Continue to play sports and never completely stop. Breaks are okay, but sports keep you grounded and plugged into life.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i'm a teenager right now and i was wondering if there was anything u guys would like to say to me i really wanna try and have a great childhood and not look bk on my teen years and say what was i thinkin lol :D
    \

Google Amanda Todd, she just died by suicide because of harrassment. I would say stand up for someone who is pushed around. Be kind. Watch out for the soical media. Be strong. But do read about Amanda Todd. Its a sad story of a 15 yr old girl You will learn alot from her and imagine what you can do for her and be a good person.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    i'm a teenager right now and i was wondering if there was anything u guys would like to say to me i really wanna try and have a great childhood and not look bk on my teen years and say what was i thinkin lol :D

You can implement all the advice I would give to myself (see previous post listed below). Number 4 is subjective, though. My mom went through some really rough stuff when I was in high school and I think it would have helped keep her out of the ensuing depression had I been more sensitive to her during that time. However, it's always right to love and honor your parents/guardians (even if they don't deserve it).

1. Just be yourself. Don't worry so much about what others think, and learn to laugh at yourself.
    2. Get involved in a sport of some kind.
    3. Don't be afraid to let your feelings show.
    4. Be more helpful to your mother. She's going through something right now and needs the support.
    5. Get a job and start saving for college now.
    6. Study just a bit harder in school so that you won't miss graduating with honors by a measley tenth of a point and you can qualify for academic scholarships.
    7. Be more careful about what you put in your mouth.
    8. Don't settle for the first guy that comes along after high school just because you're lonely.
    9. Be more sensitive to the needs of others.
    10. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Take a leap of faith once in a while and try something new (as long as it doesn't require you to sacrifice your morals and standards).
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Do not start smoking . . it will take you 7 tries and 23 years to give up!
    Stop believing all the romantic nonsence in your Jackie mag and thinking boys will be remotely like that!!!
    Be a teenager and enjoy freedom, stop wanting to be older and "going steady"!
    Work at school, use your intelligence, achieve.
    Believe in yourself, be confident, don't let the ******* put you down!!!
    Otherwise, . . . . . as you were!
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I can honestly say.....
    1. Dont smoke!
    2.Build your credit once ur 18
    3.Dont listen to a single boy they only want one thing!!! Seriously!
    4. Please for the love of God Finish high school and go to college!
    5. Join a sport they are fun and great people play sports!

Please love yourself and know that you are not defined by your looks but how you represent yourself and how you treat others!

AND always be happy to be who you are .... you are after all unique for a reason!
  • 1_day_at_a_time
    Options
    Buy gold and apple.

hahaha yes!!!!
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    "You are NOT fat"
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    "Cool it kiddo, you're not an adult yet!"
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would tell my 16 year old self that she is beautiful and that in a couple of years once you change from that awkward skinny boobless girl, you will be fighting off the boys, especially the one who you always fancied but never gave you a second look haha!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "Don't blink! It passes before you know it!"

And

"Time is a cruel trick life plays on us all"
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Don't get anything on credit and pay the bills before they are debts!
  • somebizzare
    Options
    "Running is exhilarating and rewarding. You can get hours of fun producing running statistics!"