For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Thanks for bumping this up! It's good to see others who are in the same boat. I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes I think I would do better if I had more weight to lose. It is hard to find supportive people (in real life) when you only need to drop a few.
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys. I have another 15-20 lbs I want to lose and I am stuck where I am at and I am not happy! :angry:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Im there too. Want to lose another 19 lbs... But if I cheat on the weekend, even if i work out daily and have ben an angel all week, i undo any progress. sigh.. I love when people say you can eat pizza and cheeseburgers to lose weight. My response is always "yeah you can now when you are 100lbs overweight, but those are NOT gonna take off that last 20"...

insert really sad, pathetic sweaty sigh here...
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 25 more lbs! First 10 came off in a month and now I am stuck.

This happened to me too. I've been hoving at 13 lbs lost.
  • Hi! Me too, I have just started and am trying to lose 8 lb
  • fitohgee
    fitohgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yes! the last bit of pudge is just on my stomach, and it is so hard to get rid of :/

That ^^
    I have about 15 to go
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya... and it's a killer, those last 20 pounds. Especially as we get older! Ten years ago, I would have already dropped my last 17 with the program I'm on right now. Ten years ago, I was stupid and didn't do it, so now I'm stuck having to work twice as hard for half the results!

My big change has been worrying about how long it will take. Yes I get discouraged when each weekly weigh in seems to bring very little change, but I'm not freaking out about it. I'm taking a longer view - I don't care about next month... I care about next year - that I'm still exercising as hard as I am now and doing more/better/faster/stronger and that I'm still healthy, even if I'm carrying an extra few pounds. But I figure even I can lose 17 pounds in a YEAR! LOL
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have lost a substantial amount of weight - congratulations. However, please note that once your weight crepes to near or average weight range, you will have to take diet breaks and return back to maintenance for a certain amount of time so that you can reestablish a more suitable environment for the endocrine system to lose an optimal amount of fat mass. If you continue a chronic calorie deficit, your body is no longer primed for fat loss and progress will be extremely minute. In summary, do cycles of 4-5 months at an appropriate deficit to reduce body fat coupled with a two weeks-several months (depending how long one has habitually maintained a deficit) before returning to a deficit again.

Just quoting this as no-one seems to have acknowledged it. Makes complete sense. I've got about 5-6lbs to lose. I'm trying eating 10% off my TDEE to get rid of this last bit. Been eating too little for too long.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    I set out to lose 30 lbs, I only lost 2 i work out and started eating healthy,....When others lose 10 lbs in a week I am baffled..However I didn't gain the weight over night..So am giving myself that much time to lose it...
  • leilamarchi
    Options
    Me too; I've been wanting to lose 20 for like....years....but granted, I haven't been more than half-a**ing it. But I'd always get discouraged because I would put in that I wanted to lose a 1.5 lbs a week, the calculator would tell me 1200 calories and that my projected loss was 0.8 lb/week - but going lower than 1200 is supposed to be really bad for you! Sigh.

Well, I'm starting the 6-week body makeover which I've done before (like 8 years ago) with AMAZING results - it's a very restrictive, really-low-calorie (1000-1200) diet for six weeks, then you can start working things back in. And honestly...not THAT restrictive.... I think it's more restrictive for people who don't like to/don't have time to/don't know how to cook. Or people who feel the need to eat an extra teaspoon or more of salt with every meal. Me? I ate an unseasoned baked sweet potato today and was like....nature's freaking candy.

Anyway, I digress. It's a pain to lose those pounds. Maybe focus on living a healthier lifestyle/getting more active/how your clothes are fitting you, rather than being a slave to the number on your scale? That's what I'm trying to do too.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have about 15-20 pounds to lose.. it's so aggravating!!!!.. I have to like the gym double hard to burn as many calories as someone who is bigger.. :sad:
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm trying to lose 15 lbs and have lost 4 in the last 2 months and the losses have been slowing down quickly. I don't have a choice though. I just continue with my plan I don't want to be disappointed when I look in the mirror or see a pic of myself.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am also on my last 8~10 lbs to lose:) With a vacation and the Holidays coming, might take a bit!
  • newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    21 pounds (9.6kg) to get into my healthy BMI category.... it's a daily battle!!!

Slow and steady wins the race so i'm told....... :)
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me - 13 lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight. 18lbs to lose to get to pre-wedding weight. 24lbs to get to the weight I was at when I was in the best shape of my life.

I have been yo-yoing the same 10lbs up and down for about 2 years now. Would go on a super -restrictive diet to try to get it off quick and would fall of the wagon for months.

This time I am using a fitbit and really trying to not go below a 500 calorie deficit to see if I can maintain it for the long-term.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have 20lbs to go & so far it's coming off steadily, but I know it'll get harder. My goal is 160 so not that low but I am 6ft & I know I look decent at that weight. I might go down to 150 eventually but I'll find out when I get there!
  • yaomihaha
    yaomihaha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. It is so hard to not to cry and give up sometimes. I used four months to lose the numbers which some people can do in one week.......
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I have 12 lbs to get to 130 and I'd like to try to get to 120, or at least build more muscle. It IS tough. The first 100 lbs were off "effortlessly" so it seems. This last bit...is trying my patients....not to mention having hypothyroid does not help either!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have about 12 lbs to lose...although, I like where my weight is now...I think it is more that I want to tone the butt and thighs! I am afraid if I lose much more weight, I won't have any boobies left! :frown:

I am right there with you. I know for a fact if I lose the rest of the weight I want, my boobs are long gone. See ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!