30day shred

Options

Replies

• chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day 8 level one for me today! day 7 yesterday went well! The side lunge with arm raises are definetly rhe hardest i agree! and yes doing the last jump rope feels amazing and like she says i float in the air haha but they are hard to do at the start of the workout!

cant wait for level 2!

And miximg it in with level one...interesting might have to try it and some point! :D wonder if id make it to the end haha
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I thought I would wait and see what level 2 is like first. I have not even looked at it. Too frightened haha. Mind you its only a few days away.

Hi wendyterry, I know what you mean about co-ordination, you should see me trying to do jumping jacks, I look like a ballerina (not) at the beginning trying to get my arms and legs doing whatever!!!!!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    trixiemou i just had a quick look at level 2 now skiiped though it and it looks ok....haha wel see.

Just did day 8! was good definetly getting too easy though so level 2 will be a good challange in a couple of days! :s
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Try eBay for HRMs - people buy them and then give up exercise or upgrade theirs so always plenty of 2nd hand ones at good prices.
  • dloucarter
    dloucarter Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i only weigh 58kg

Hey there,
    I weigh 54kilos, height is 163cm and my HRM for level 1 was averaging 145cals burnt, level 2 i'm averaging 165cals. Will start level 3 in a few days.
    I add it as circuit training general, hope this helps. :happy:
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Day 8 level 1. Thanks jbaa88 for the advice on the push ups, I did try to do a couple of full push ups but am not sure how good they were. They also ached my back so went back to modified. I will keep on trying tho. Its funny how different exercises get to different people. The lunges I almost welcome, jumping jacks and skipping rope are definitely a chore.....still..... I love the last rope tho it signifies I am near the end haha.

Its working well tho and am looking forward to the next level.

Has anyone tried doing level 1& 2 together......oops did I just ask that?
    haha i am the complete opposite.. the strength exercises are a chore for me and I find the cardio fun lol!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Day 9 level 1 and what a weird session that was. It was sort of easier, but........ When it came to doing the last session of butt kicks I was definitely flat footed, could hardly lift my feet off the ground. I did find that I was actually laughing at myself but it was a strained sort of laugh. Glutton for punishment, that's me!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day 9 level one!! i agree trixiemou i found it strange as well! it is definitely easy now i am ready to change too level 2 but i agree that last set of butt kicks got my thighs and calves burning! strange isn't it!
    I am ready for level two now finding level one a bore now and too same old same old.

I am going to take pictures after day ten tomorrro too see the progress every ten days after every level.

Thank you dloucarter that has helped - i actually downloaded the free Jillian michaels app for my iphone and you out your weight and height etc in it and choose the 30 day shred level one as your exercise and it says how many cals you should burn for 20 mins and it says for me 155 which is the same as i what it says if i out 20 mins of circuit training into MFP. so it works out well.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day ten today! but i dont have time for any other form of exercise today! super busy but will fit in my 3ods.

After today i am going onto level two but it is labour weekend here/long weekend so i am going away so i will b having 3 days off 30ds And starting level two on tuesday! I hope this doesnt effect anything- i am still going to be doing other forms of exercise like hiking and walking.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 and burned, according to my HRM, 467 calories. I did Insanity up until the end of September but have started to slack off this month. I was surprised to see how well I did doing Level 1 again. I did a lot more of the cardio, faster than Jillian and the 2 girls behind her. I name my excercises because I have multi DVDs I do. For the 30 DS, I just label it as cardio because when I try to create/add my own excersise to my list, the only options is cardio and strength and since I manually enter in my calories burned, it doesn't matter what I log it under...plus I feel it's more cardio.
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    its best to use HRM but if you dont have one, i read on a health forum you multiply your weight in pounds by 1.11 for cals burned on 30 day shred! i started my first day today x

i use the above and add it manually
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am just downloading the 30 day shred on the computer as we speak, so I am very interested in everyone's opinions here. Seems like the general consensus is it's a kick a** workout. I'm excited to give it a whirl now!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Had to give yesterday a miss, my body just did not want to play. So this morning I completed day 10 level 1 and am actually looking froward to starting level 2. I still do the modified push up but managed 5 of the full. I am feeling a little bloated though. I am sure I am seeing a difference in my lower stomach area tho its a slightly different shape??????

Good luck everyone, here's to another good week.
  • jbaa88
    jbaa88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    how's everyone doing? i've been pretty bad and actually skipped the last 3 days, but I'm going to start level 2 today! I played tennis yesterday and I definitely felt that level 1 of 30ds has already made me stronger, upper body wise. Or maybe it was just a good day of tennis.

Anyway, I did start to feel discouraged because I haven't noticed anything in weight change! How's everyone else doing? I try to watch my calorie intake for the most part during the weekdays. I go about 200 calories over on the weekends. I'm only allowed 1200 calories.

How are you guys doing eating wise?
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you are all shredding along nicely. Just started day 1 Level 2. It does not seem quite as intense as level 1 but has some different exercised in there, I like it!
    jbaa88, I also have not noticed any weight loss in fact it is trying to creep up. Inches are not really going down either but I am quite chuffed with my arms as I can see definition when exercising and holding the weights. Today my stomach seems to be protruding more, but I am hoping that that means I have lost some inches/(cms more likely ) from elsewhere.
    As for calories, I am trying to eat back part of my exercise calories and at the minute am aiming to eat NET calories at 1200 min.

If this tones me up half as good a some of the photos I have seen, I will be chuffed and am willing to forgo a couple of pound lost if need be.

Talk soon x
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day one level 2 for me today - will let yuo all know how it goes!

I have taken photos for after the forst 10day son level one and i can see a difference in my stomach and rhe definition everywhere!
    I am going too go hard and really push myself too do extra cardio each night along with level two too try get my weight loss going!

will let you know how it goes tonight! :)
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Just did first day of level 2!
    I did find parts of it challenging for example the final circuit cardio and i found my shoulders were burning in the strength. Sone parts were easier though so we will see how it goes!
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just did first day of level 2!
    I did find parts of it challenging for example the final circuit cardio and i found my shoulders were burning in the strength. Sone parts were easier though so we will see how it goes!
    yes i found level 2 a LOT more challenging than level 1!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day 2 today! will see if my body can cope a bit better!