What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Buy gold and apple.
    ^ This!!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "you are not fat!" and quit being so insecure.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    You will live past 18.......this will never end......... take a deep breathe....... collect your fortitude.
  • subtlewhisper
    subtlewhisper Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The worst kind of lonely is not being alone. It is feeling alone with someone laying beside you.

AND

Never cry over a man unless you're burying him. And only then out of duty. :wink:
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That weird looking dude with the long beard and panel van, really doesn't have a lost puppy you should help find...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Adams apples are a dead give away...
  • Brujah1981
    Brujah1981 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's always hard to answer these kinds of questions because who we were helped us become who we are. I would hate to have missed all my friends because I took a different road in life and just never met them. But if we take that out of the equation I would say, "Skip college, it's for suckers and you make less money than the apes working factory jobs. Take two years of tech school and become a welder, save your money, and retire at 40."
  • Gumbo1057
    Gumbo1057 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pull out.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Get off your *kitten* and move! Yes, your stepfather is an overbearing control freak and limited the time you were allowed out of the house. Do some jumping jacks, stomach crunches, jump rope, pushups etc. Stay moving and don't turn to food every time you get depressed or sad. It will not help you and will not solve the problem.

Don't listen to your peers. 20 years from now those scenarios will mean nothing and you will have been a stronger person for rising above it. Do what you love and don't look back. Don't give a rats *kitten* about what others think of you. Its only what you think that matters.

Give some extra love and attention to your sister because she will not be around much longer. You don't want to deal with the pain of "what if" or "had I done more"

Don't be so soft spoken. Speak up and make more friends. People wont get to know you if you don't talk. Show them you can be funny and witty. Love yourself because if you can't do that, you will never be happy.

Oh and avoid the douche-bag you meet online from Brooklyn. He will only string you along and cause you to lose years of your life you can never get back.

Do not get those extra credit cards. Come to think of it, if you avoid the douche-bag, you will avoid the credit card debt.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Don't pay any attention to those who give unsolicited opinions. Learn how to make silver jewelry, like you've always wanted to do, and keep beading, which you've always done, and you're good at it!! Travel-throughout the world. Understand this red flag-if there is something that you don't like about your significant other while you're dating-you will not be able to change that characteristic-no matter how much you love him. Should you want to marry-make sure he is supportive of your goals and dreams, and he must be your best friend.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you can't run a 5K, you're not in shape. You will find wonderful, brilliant people who will appreciate you. If your relationship is difficult and makes you cry, it's not the right one!
  • kariinbliss
    Options
    105 is not "huge," get over yourself. go to college and FINISH. he may be an *kitten* now, but at 42 he's amazing. :-) there IS a reason you are going through so much abuse now, you will need that strength later.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Stay in school, don't do drugs, don't get pregnant at 18 (I wouldn't change my children for anything but my 10lber baby ruined my body when I was 18, I will never ever be the same again :(
  • Kendi_Alyssa
    Options
    I would tell my younger self: You are NOT as fat as you think you are! But if you keep this lifestyle up you'll be obese in a few years, not just slightly overweight like you are now. So get off your *kitten* and lose the 30 pounds you need to before it turns into 60+ pounds. Oh yeah, learn to drive sooner. Trust me, it's not as scary as it seems.
  • Love yourself first and be who you inspire to be, no matter what others think.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I wish I could tell my teenage self to hit the gym! I was so skinny and I thought working out was only for people who wanted to lose weight or guys who wanted to look buff. It turns out that exercise is good for everyone, no matter what their shape or size. I think if I had more muscle I might have been able to avoid some of the hormonal issues that I dealt with in my 20s, and I probably could have gained some much needed weight in my teens.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Study harder.. Work out more, eat healthy...
    s**** ended up being a creeper..
    Don't sleep with *****s.. That made things weird

..o.o everything I can think of is related to men..
    Dude I've made alot of bad choices...
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You cannot change the things you've already done but you can change your future, Start NOW!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I would show my teenage self a picture of what we look like today. That oughtta scare her into submission. :laugh:
  • Raya1980
    Options
    "You're gonna be so much cooler in your 20s and 30s!"