What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1. You're not fat.
    2. Be exactly and only who you want to be.
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'd tell the teen Jason to let that girl take the pills if you break up with her....She'll take everything from you later in life.. just let her do it!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and valuable.
    Don't question that. Live it!

^^^ ABSOLUTELY THIS! And BE CONFIDENT!
  • red1775
    red1775 Posts: 22
    Options
    Keep your head down...

Nasty scare from getting shrapnel in it
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I can't think of anything?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    dont eat out everyday. stay in dance. and dont work at coldstones lol

I worked at ColdStone too!!!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a poison.

Stay out of the foodservice industry.

Go to college - max out the loans - finish in 4 years and start a career. After a few years of busting your *kitten*, you'll have time and money to have all the fun you want.

Holy crap, do I know you???
  • GemmaMcIntosh
    Options
    All the dramas of teenage life don't matter once you're an adult. They do shape you as a person but once out in the big wide world you have work and bills and food and rent and cars and things to worry about. Make the most of being a teenager, it might not seem like it at the time, but teen life if pretty great when you look back on it.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    try harder in school. don't drink, don't get arrested (for underage drinking), don't runaway (because you got arrested for underage drinking and your parents grounded you), respect your parents, don't quit softball! don't change your relationship with your grandmother but DO make her write down her recipes especially banana muffins!
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Follow your instincts, don't listen to mom or dad.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Experiment, go wild, stop thinking about what others think of you and just live! Live hard and out loud every single freaking day. Life is way too short...
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    "Join swim team and stop eating so much, ya fat cow!"
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Just because you want to get married is no reason to quit college and watch what you eat and get out and do some exercise you will love it some day and encourage your husband to join the Air Force because he really did want to be a pilot and you will survive his training.
  • lpw58
    lpw58 Posts: 15
    Options
    I would tell myself to NOT compare myself to my size 00 sister AND to not let my parents make me feel self-conscience about the size difference.

I was a curvaceous girl and in retrospect, I wasn't fat at ALL. I made sure that my daughter embraced her curves and appreciates their value.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If I could I would tell me this..

"Everything will come out at the end. Stressing about the situation(s) won't help in any way or matter. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Then also, watch what you promise your dad. That will hurt you from years to come. Oh, by the way, skip working at Walmart...

Ps: Please PLEASE watch your weight. "
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Respect yourself...and take your time to "grow up" because your youth will end VERY early in life....
    (19 when I got pregnant. 20 when delivered 21 when married.... end of youth lol )

Also, don't give up on your goals of college, because YOU WILL GRADUATE with a BA and Honors! :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Boys are bad!!!!! Even the cute ones........... ESPECIALLY the cute ones..............:love:

Run harder today, so its easier when your 30 something.................... AND A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips!!!!!

Dad IS usually right.................. Listen more often and things will be MUCH easier...
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to say to my teenage self ... my teen years were pretty incredible. I was very lucky.

But, to my 18-22 year old self...

SLOW DOWN and think about what YOU want.
    Love will find you.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't eat so much cheese, don't smoke and enjoy some life before becoming a Mum.
  • Being introverted doesn't mean not fitting in. Don't force anything else. Be yourself.

Explore more academically, physically.

Don't stop playing sports or being active once you hit university.

Focus on you.

You can't "fix" people, unless they want to see change themselves so don't worry about it.

"We accept the love we think we deserve"; there's so many people to connect with, guys will come and go, there will be a line for you - make sure they treat you right.