Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • legallyblondeky
    legallyblondeky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lsforbing
    Options
    This sounds delicious, I am definitely making this one. thanks
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alanrosez
    Options
    Bump
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people don't use the search button. This is at least the 3rd forum on this recently. Just a reminder--use the "search" button and look under the recipe forum. There are wonderful crockpot recipes already for your use. There is a forum called "crocktober " that has tons of recipes.
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rhondy1
    rhondy1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    try this ... 8 recipes for the crockpot that you make ahead of time and freeze ... did this a week ago and have already enjoyed the hearty beef stew ...

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html
    These recipes are awesome and so easy to make.
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    try paleomg.com

YES.
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bump...and thanks for sharing!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Chili Mac Pot (4 Points)

16 ounces extra lean ground turkey or beef

1 cup chopped onion

2 cups (one 16 ounce can) tomatoes,

coarsely chopped and undrained

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request

Tomato Soup

1 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice

2 teaspoons chili seasoning

6 ounces (one 8 ounce can) red kidney

beans, rinsed and drained

1 cup elbow macaroni

In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil flavored cooking spray, brown meat. Meanwhile, in a slow cooker container sprayed with cooking spray, combine onion, undrained tomatoes, tomato soup, tomato juice, and chili seasoning. Stir in kidney beans and uncooked macaroni. Add browned meat. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Mix well before serving.

Serves 6 (1 full cup) 4 points

265 calories per serving
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like to purchase a Jennie-O oven ready turkey breast. ( I get mine from the frozen section in Wal*Mart) There is so much you can do with it for yourself and your spouse. (my spouse has no weight problems and he likes his potatoes & bread). I put the already ready breast in the crock pot. It comes with a gravy on the side. When I return home, I heat the gravy and make some potatoes for hubby. Usually have a salad and/or green beans for us. Then take what is left and store for later making turkey sandwiches and/or turkey salad. This is quick, hearty and more uses for left overs whether low carbing or using as a snack or meal or two. And the flavor is great!

How long in the crock pot and on what setting? I buy these as well and usually have to plan ahead for the 2 hours of baking time.
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yummy recipes! :)
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Low calorie slo cooker (crock pot) curry
    Generic - Red Chilli Powder, 0.13 tbsp or more to taste Generic - Coriander Powder (Usda Data), 1 tsp.
    Badshah - Jeera(Cumin) Powder, 5 g Generic - Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp
    OR you could use ready mixed kurma powder to taste Lo Salt - Reduced Sodium Salt (S), 0.3 g
    Sainsbury's UK - Diced Pork Shoulder , 2 container (445 gs ea.)
    Fresh - Raw Onion, 300 g
    (Snd Value) - Garlic, Raw, 1 clove (3 g)
    Generic (Usda) - Ginger Root, Raw, 0.13 tbsp.
    Bb Usda - Sweet Potato Raw, 75 g
    Celery - Raw, 110.0 g
    Fresh - Raw Leeks, 120 g
    Generic - Old Potatoes, Average, Raw (Flesh Only), 90 g (1 portion)
    Sainsbury's - Chopped Tomatoes In Tomato Juice Carton, 1 container (390 gs ea.)
    Sainsbury's - Chickpeas In Water, 1 can
    Chard - Swiss, raw, or spinach 50 g
    15 ml sunflower oil
    Method
    1. Heat oil and sweat onions garlic ginger in fry pan with lid on, add spice mix
    2. This creates some liquid so you then add the meat until it colours a little. Stir in rest of veg mix – lid back on and once they are reduced a little add the tomatoes and enough water to make it wet enough to transfer to slo cooker.
    3. Slo cook on High for 2 hours and Low for 3-4 hours. The veggies will mainly disappear into the sauce.
    4. Add chickpeas about one hour before the end of cooking time.
    This made 10 portions of 214 calories each as we do not have big portions about 2 serving spoons each one. You could add plain yogurt near end to make creamier. Enjoy with brown rice
  • Theresastratton
    Options
    Bump