For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Im in this boat too
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    yeah Ive about 7-10 lbs to where I will be happy but Im happy enough where I am now so if it takes lots of time Im not that bothered! Im in a hell of a lot better place both weight wise and health wise than tis time last year
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    these last 30 are killing me. (actually 35 but i'll settle for 30 in a heartbeat) last weigh in was down .4 lbs. WTF is .4lbs. i ate at deficit allll week.

Thank you for a space to rant.
  • Kashaea
    Kashaea Posts: 14
    Options
    these last 30 are killing me. (actually 35 but i'll settle for 30 in a heartbeat) last weigh in was down .4 lbs. WTF is .4lbs. i ate at deficit allll week.

Thank you for a space to rant.

LOL!

I want to get to a toned 118 :) I just started my programme this week so I'll see how fast or slow this 17 lb loss is gonna be.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm also just starting and also going for 17!
    Want to race? (at a healthy pace of course)
    And see who gets there first? Might motivate us.
  • 1DayAt_aTime
    Options
    Bumping
  • mlopez9561
    mlopez9561 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in my early 40's. I joined MFP in june. I weight myself every Saturday morning. Today I'm 10.5 pounds less. I know for many of you this may seems like no big deal, but for me is a miracle.

I can compared my journey with a roller coaster. I loss pounds and then gained back. I constantly battling with my obssesion with food, my pre-diabetic and high blood pressure diagnosis, menopuse body changes, unhealthy eating habits, a sedentary life style. I started walking 3 weeks ago and since then my body is shrinking very slowly. I don't know how long will take to get to my goal weight. What I do know is that it takes 20 year to add all the extra pounds on me, and it will take less time to burned them off. So I will continue making lifestyle changes until I get to my goal and stay healthy for the rest of my life. I'm doing this for me and to share a long and healthy life with my 2 amazing sons and my loving and supportive husband.

BTW excuse my english, I'm from Bayamón, Puerto Rico (that's in the caribbean) and here we speak spanish.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose about 3 more pounds and it feels like its taking forever! :sad:
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    20 lbs till my goal weight...30 would be ideal... ughhh feels like ill never get there at this rate!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a 20 lb loss, but can't seem to get much of a loss. It's like I'm running myself ragged for nothing sometimes.....
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to lose the last 15 lbs. I've been at the same weight for about 5-6 weeks. Working out, counting calories...nothing! I'm increasing my protein, added weight lifting to my routine and increasing my runs. I work 9 hours and have a 3 hour commute (1.5 hour each way) which makes it even harder. I'm at my wits end.
  • vikramvazirani
    Options
    Add another one to the list. I don't have much to lose (13-15 lbs) but sticking on this 1200 calorie 'diet' and working out 4-5 days a week has only taken out 2 lbs in 15 days.

Someone earlier mentioned weightlifting, when I got into that last year I tanked 7-8 lbs in 4 weeks (my buddies are hardcore) without watching my food intake or any protein supplements...maybe I should stop cardio and start that up again.
  • hjeniferw
    hjeniferw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me exactly! It is so hard.
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've got about 20-25 to lose. The first 20 came off pretty easy in the first 3 months. Now I'm stalled for the past 6 weeks. Trying to mix it up a little with my exercise. Fighting with this 3lbs that comes and goes. Back to C25K to finish that off so I can run my second 5k in Feb. SO frustrating to be stuck!
  • arosethorn
    arosethorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm down to the last ten to fifteen pounds from my ideal weight. My scale hasn't budged in two weeks. I just don't know what to do. Good luck, everyone!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I have between 20 and 28 lbs to shift...slow but sure, slow but sure...indeed! Celebrate all the other victories you have along the way, so it does not seem like a struggle, but a rather interesting journey...with hoorahs! added in there for good measure...
  • smudgeroo
    Options
    I have about 12 lbs to lose...although, I like where my weight is now...I think it is more that I want to tone the butt and thighs! I am afraid if I lose much more weight, I won't have any boobies left! :frown:

Right back atcha. I love my food, and don't really mind the weight/shape I am now, so motivating myself to lose those last few pounds is tough. I know from past experience that I will end up with nothing 'up top' if I lose too much more, so pass the chips and I'll try and direct them to the boob area!
    I guess I'm seeing myself on a long-term maintenance plan, and if I lose a pound or two along the way, that'll be a bonus. At least by keeping an eye on things I won't gain anything :-)
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I lost the first 10 pretty easily....now it seems like I fluctuate...up two, down a half, up one, down two....it is enough to make me crazy!!!

What is keeping me sane is that I keep saying this is a lifestyle change....and by watching what I eat and moving more....that eventually the weight will come off.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Lost 15 the first month, then gained two back and now I'm stuck. 1000 - 1200 calories a day and gym every day. Have 25 lbs to go. Wanted another 15 lbs by Christmas, but it's not looking very good for that goal.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 23 to 33pounds (23 healthy weight; 33ideal). I get where you come from. However after 6 months of living a healthy life its now a lifestyle. I don't worth too much about how much I lose so far as every two weeks I have lost at least a pound. It does get frustrating sometimes. When the frustration starts to mount I find new ways to shock my body.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!