Replies

• meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Stringed cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i love greek yogurt too! trader joes is my fav.. in fact i made greek yogurt pumpkin pancakes today!!
    i like that for a treat breakfast.. and normally its egg/light bread or bagel thin or eng muff
    eggs are my bff :drinker:
  • mistertug
    Options
    I whip the hell out of 6 egg whites, throw in a fistful of shredded baby spinach and 1/4 cup of fat free crumbled feta, mix it up, make an omelette, top with 1/2 cup of fat free greek yogurt. Then I eat a gala apple. I'm good until 10 or 11 o'clock.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A single egg omelette with lots of fresh mushrooms, bell peppers, a little cheese, and almond milk, side of pear or strawberries with yogurt and stevia

OR

banana-egg-peanut butter "pancakes" with yogurt
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    That depends on what is breakfast for you. I wake up and drink 20 oz of water and a big cup of coffee with stevia and head to the gym with zero calories. I workout for at least 2 hours, then I have lunch anywhere from 1pm to 3pm and eat the rest of my calories before bedtime. It's just evolved for me. So I break my fast after noon. Is it still breakfast?
  • shoover10
    Options
    1/4c dry steel cut oats and a cup of water with either

1 - 1T PB, 1t brown sugar
    2 - 1/4c canned pumpkin, 1Tmaple syrup, dash of pumpkin pie spice (or a combo of the ones involved)

Put it in a pot on super low and let it cook for about 20 while I get ready for work. I top them both with craisins and the pumpkin one with toasted walnuts or pecans.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    one apple

4 large fresh strawberries

1/3 cup fresh blueberries

1/2 cup fresh melon (im on a cantelope kick right now lol)

Usually I have another apple about 2 hours later, then lunch, which is generally a repeat of breakfast when im home and another apple before supper.

Supper is a standard meal. I eat the same things i did before my diet, I just use portion control. Typically between 550 - 750 calories for my meal and another apple or other fruit before bed.

I dont like fruit much.. lol.
  • maryfbeattie
    Options
    I have a several. I usually go through phases where I will eat one for a month or more straight and then get sick of it and go on to another.

1) Steel Cut Oatmeal. It is so delicious and much more filling than regular quick cooking oats. What kind of oatmeal were you refering to? I make a big batch at the beginning of the week, throw in some golden raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and a cut-up apple. So delicious and filling. I am currently in this phase.

2) Egg whites. At the beginning of the week I chop up an onion, a tomato and brocolli. Each morning I saute a handful of the veggies and throw in 3-4 egg whites (the real deal--not the egg whites from the carton. I think those taste funny). The protein and brocoli really fill me up and I feel good knowing I am getting some green veggies so early.

3) Greek yogurt and fruit. Sometimes with granola, usually not.

4) Protein Shake.

5) In a pinch (maybe every other month) I get a wake-up wrap at Dunkin donuts

And GREEN TEA! Easier on my tummy than coffee and helps get my metabolism going while also having lots of antioxidents.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I love oatmeal so much. So much variety, dirt cheap, and so healthy.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Cliff Builders Peanut butter or Vanilla almond bar.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    eggs and toast. almost every day. i have no complaints :)
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    McDonald's 2 scrambled eggs 2 slices of bacon and apples
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Fruit on the bottom Greek Yogurt mixed with plain and either cheese toast or oatmeal and a boiled egg. Twice a week I have traditional bacon and eggs, sometimes with toast or cheese toast depending on what I'm eating the rest of the day. I usually eat between 450 and 600 calories at breakfast because I workout almost every morning and need a little something before and a lot after. Always have plenty of protein and some carbs and fat.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My body fat.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    I almost always have a combination of these

1) Banana before my morning workout

2) Whey protein with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk

3) A piece of toast with natural peanut butter
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    A Slim-Fast shake or a Zone Perfect bar..... Both have a lot of protien.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Latte (skim), banana, and granola bar. All portable!
  • Matt_1972
    Matt_1972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The last month or so it has been this
    www.theyummylife.com/recipes/220/Blueberry+Maple+Refrigerator+Oatmeal
    it's great to be able to grab it as I walk out the door at 6.30 am and have it at work
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nothing I skip breakfast....
  • Lantzbug
    Options
    This morning I had 1 cup of Quakers Healthy Hearts cereal with 1/2 cup of skim milk. 190 cals.