Replies

• Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    how are you guys doing that????
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    I have never seen anyone here or anywhere who eliminates ALL carbs.

So, quit putting the " NO carbs" in peoples mouths

Quit putting kitty kats in my eye!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    So, I can drop the potatos, the rice, the pasta, and get all my carbs from VEGETABLES (which are carbs)... Right?

Yes. I'm right.

Why? Because I dropped carbs, feel fan-frikkin'-tastic, and I've lost weight. So there.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Thats right i said it.

1.) Carbs are fuel, treat them as such and they will present no problem for you
    2.) no carb nazis get sick from not having carbs...proof enough?
    3.) i do realize there are bad carbs. if you need someone to tell you wheat bread is better than bleached white bread or to put down the cookie, then you have bigger problems.

I love carbs. They give me energy.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So, I can drop the potatos, the rice, the pasta, and get all my carbs from VEGETABLES (which are carbs)... Right?

Yes. I'm right.

Why? Because I dropped carbs, feel fan-frikkin'-tastic, and I've lost weight. So there.

Boom Roasted!!!!!
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    Thats right i said it.

3.) i do realize there are bad carbs. if you need someone to tell you wheat bread is better than bleached white bread or to put down the cookie, then you have bigger problems.

AMEN! ME TOO!

The real secret to carbs, in my humble opinion, is to eat them before workouts early in the day and gradually eat less of them w/ each meal.

My dinner only consists of veggie carbs. no bread or flour carbs after like 3 pm ever.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options

Yes. I'm right.

Boom Roasted!!!!!

again depends on how much you work out, the type of work out etc. you need carbs for burning fuel and you cannot escape that fact.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

The real secret to carbs, in my humble opinion, is to eat them before workouts early in the day and gradually eat less of them w/ each meal.

oh ya!! that changes everything!.............................N O T !!!!

totally irrelevant but thank you for playing
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about carbohydrates, but I will *not* put down my cookie! It's mine! :smokin:

Wait....so YOU'RE the one who stole my cookie!!! Give it BACK!!!! *tackles*

So you think! But I got *moves* chicka!

Tombstone_Piledriver.jpg
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options

So you're going to tell me that it doesnt matter what time or before what activities you eat carbs? N O T...oh wait, i dont use humor from the early 90's anymore.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

So you're going to tell me that it doesnt matter what time or before what activities you eat carbs? N O T...oh wait, i dont use humor from the early 90's anymore.

I eat carbs, proteins, and fats at every meal, including a dessert after dinner each night.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Yes. I'm right.

Boom Roasted!!!!!

again depends on how much you work out, the type of work out etc. you need carbs for burning fuel and you cannot escape that fact.

I can agree with you here to a point, if I was a running long distances i may carb up before. But for minimal cardio (eliptical, short runs, bootcamp) and weight training I think we can stick with our minimal Carbs. I say this as its seems to be the only thing that my body responds positively to, which is probably due to me being within a normal weight range. Or my body is an *kitten*! So...in summation carbs are the devil!!!!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Carbs are pretty sexy, too.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My rule:

Good carbs = ones you eat
    Bad carbs = the box they come in
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

thats exactly what I am saying.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Aslong as you are eating the right type of carbs its not a problem. I have slow release carbs (oats) in the morning when i wake, then I have fast release carbs immediately after training then an hour later i will have some more carbs in the from of grains. However when i cut down in the summer i do tend to go low carbs (70-100g per day) this tends to help me lean up, possibly due to lack of water retention.

P.s If you eat too much protein, carbs or fat you put on fat.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's YOU!
  • pianokeyteeth
    Options
    Carbs ARE great, IF your body is able to handle them correctly/efficiently. But not everyone's body can (i.e. insulin resistance, diabetes, etc.)

Some of us aren't so lucky =/ I have insulin resistance and have to really restrict carbs (yes, even complex carbs like veggies) on top of medication and exercise my butt off just to maintain a normal weight.

Consider yourself amoungst the lucky unplagued, friend.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Thats right i said it.

AMEN! ME TOO!

My dinner only consists of veggie carbs. no bread or flour carbs after like 3 pm ever.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that you shouldn't have carb heavy meals after 3pm?

It really doesn't make a difference. I usually have my most carb heavy meal around 8 o'clock.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    it is me! :)

I think Tenster hit it on the head. And i'm not saying that cuz his no shirt on pic is hotter than mine.

I just really hate the carb nazi people. i think its bad advice especially for those people who work out a lot.

and sorry kitty cat person, you're not right. carbs before bed turn to sugar cuz you dont have enough time/energy output to burn them off.