starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I plan to start that today. I found the videos on youtube last week. :) Hoping to tone up.
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4. Doing this 3 times a week (or on days where I don't do anything else) . The other days are taken up with my bootcamp or running. Still need to buy weights!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did level 1, day 8 today. Today was a bit rougher than I was expecting, but I've also been doing the Butt Bible for 4 days now, a 2.5 mile walk & just added in Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies last night. I also decided to do butt lifts & chest flies through all the commercials while watching 666 Park Ave. last night, and I think perhaps it was a bit too much as this morning I could barely get through the pushups and arm raises.

Pushed through it this morning, but there was a lot of cursing & I was definitely wiped when it was over. Onward & upward... :p
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    10 days in and I am down 5 lbs and my "fat" jeans are loose. Yay!! After a week I weighed myself and I was 2 lbs up, I had a serious freak out but I think it was just the conversion of fat to muscle? For those of you who are frustrated with the lack of results so far, make sure you are doing some other kind of exercise as well as the shred and taking rest days. I find the shred ( at least level 1) works out the quads and arms really well, but not much for the butt. Plus I need about twice as much Ab work as it provides (8 weeks postpartum. I have been shredding 5 days a week, hiking 2 days a week, and today stacked a cord of wood instead of the shred. Starting to feel better endurance is really motivating me!
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 1.. I don't like jump rope or jumpin jacks..:sad: .. hopefully I'll be able to do them right by the time 10 days is up.
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DAY 2 LVL 1 done, got up at 6.45 - did it before work, planning cardio tomorrow but have to go to dentist, so probably another shred tomorrow and cardio wednesday. hope I wake up in time, hope early shredding helps me stay on track with food through the day.
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Has anyone just tried doing the weights portion of the video? The cardio part kills my knees, ankles and boobs! I don't like all the jumping up and down. I usually do 2 hours of cardio in the gym and have thought about adding this into my routine just so I can tone up my legs and arms. Thoughts?
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Completed Level3 D1 today. I found that although the moves are hard, I enjoy them more than L2 BUT I'm a weirdo who doesn't mind the jumping jacks and jump rope!!

Also, I bought 5pd weights tonight.....I'm nervous to move up from my 3's!!!!
  • jessrapoza
    jessrapoza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3, and already I feel fitter and my stamina is increasing. I really like it so far because the intervals are short enough that I don't get bored. It's definitely a challenge but it's doable . I'm excited to keep going with it and see my results. I'm also thinking about combining this with some zumba workouts as well.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Day 14, DONE!!!!
    woot woot!!!!

:glasses:
  • misha4shellmie
    Options
    :wink: Hi there, I wouldn't mind starting to do this 30 day shred but what do I have to do exactly?
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel ya I was the same way but, after thinking it through I knew I could live up to this challenge and started it TODAY!!!! I am so out of shape that I felt like I was going to puke! Hoping it gets better with time!! Cannot wait to see a difference! Good luck to ya!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just get your hands on the dvd & a set of hand weights & join in. ;)

You can try checking your local library as well. That's how I discovered this routine & I liked it enough to buy it on Amazon, along with 2 other Jillian Michaels workouts.

I'm only on level 1 currently, but the focus is on circuit training and each exercise in the dvd typically lasts only 30 seconds at a time, which I find to be very helpful. The circuits repeat through cardio, strength & abs, and include jumping jacks, jump ropes, pushups, squats with arm raises, variations of sit-ups, etc. (for the first level). First level is also about 20 minutes (not sure if the other levels increase in length or not.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So i started this yesterday!! Bit achey after I finished, but then was fine all afternoon / evening until I woke up this morning! Oh my!! Legs and arms a bit achey, wasn't expecting it as had calmed down last night haha.

I am not a fitness freak in the slightest and any form of exercise I laugh in the face of! But the reviews I saw before buying this realy got me interested, so many ladies saying they don't do any form of exercise but this was great because of the short bursts etc. So as it was only £5er I thought what the heck, lets give it a go!

Day 2, done! I'm ok with it all apart from the jumping jacks - never seem in same rhythm as them & always struggle with things like that! have tried Biggest Loser DVDs before and lost interest! Hopefully this one will stick!

I've lost just under 5st in the last 2 years thanks to WW, and no exercise, and after a dodgy couple of months am starting over with the help of MFP alongisde WW & hopefully 30DS to get me to my goal!!
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just did level 3, day 1 today. I'm quite fond of Jillian and never understood the haters who claim to yell at her, but I must admit I did it today. I haven't used some of that vocabulary since high school. I actually shocked myself. :tongue: After the workout ended, before the stretching, I paused the DVD and sort of kneeled there in shock, and I distinctly remember repeating to myself, "What just happened to me, what just happened to me." All else is a blur, though.

Ha ha, anyway the cool thing is I felt similar after the start of levels 1 and 2, and was so proud after a couple days of each of those, when I could manage them with a bit more class, and I'm confident it will happen this time, too.

And to people in levels 1 and 2: don't give up! You will be STUNNED what your body will be able to accomplish after just a few short weeks! If you had told me after I finished level 1, day 1 that I would soon be doing jumping jacks WHILE SWINGING HAND WEIGHTS ABOVE MY HEAD, or doing those ridiculous planks, I would have laughed you out of my apartment.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 3 done today.

I must have been high on something when I did Level 2, Day 1 and thought it wasn't that bad. When I did it again yesterday (Day 2) I was pretty sure that I did, in fact, die.

Today I went back down to 3lb weights and still felt like I was near death, but it wasn't quite as bad. The planks... :sad: oh my word the planks... :sad:

I asked my husband today why I can't just do Level 1 forever.

I know that I will get better each time. I'm just hoping I do get better before I do, actually, die. :ohwell:
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did day 6 of level 2 today, and I have to admit that I have changed the format, I moved the last ab session and first ab session around. I love the last plank move but I just can not do it at 19 minutes into it. I am sure Jillian would be pissed but I am so happy that I got through the entire workout today with only one catch my breath moment. I actually have sweat dripping off my head when I am done, it feels amazing.
    I did level 1 until I could do most of the moves as good as Natalie took me 13 times in 17 days. So I am going to do 10 times in 15 days of level 2 (going to hope to be as good as Natalie next round) which would put me at Saturday start for day 3 and I will have 9 times done in 13 days of level 3 before my final biggest loser weigh in 11/16!

P.S. I am already down a pants size, and a bra snap! My arms are super toned too! (I didn't take measurements)
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 1/Level 2 done and OMG is Jillian a hard *kitten*. My husband thought I was physically fighting someone in the living room because of all the heavy breathing and me cussing Jillian up one side and down another LOL! I hope it gets just a little easier by day 6 or so. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just did level 3, day 1 today. I'm quite fond of Jillian and never understood the haters who claim to yell at her, but I must admit I did it today. I haven't used some of that vocabulary since high school. I actually shocked myself. :tongue: After the workout ended, before the stretching, I paused the DVD and sort of kneeled there in shock, and I distinctly remember repeating to myself, "What just happened to me, what just happened to me." All else is a blur, though.

Ha ha, anyway the cool thing is I felt similar after the start of levels 1 and 2, and was so proud after a couple days of each of those, when I could manage them with a bit more class, and I'm confident it will happen this time, too.

And to people in levels 1 and 2: don't give up! You will be STUNNED what your body will be able to accomplish after just a few short weeks! If you had told me after I finished level 1, day 1 that I would soon be doing jumping jacks WHILE SWINGING HAND WEIGHTS ABOVE MY HEAD, or doing those ridiculous planks, I would have laughed you out of my apartment.

This cracked me up!!!!!!!! I too was throwing words at Jillian during this level, when in previous levels I have held back!
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I paused the DVD and sort of kneeled there in shock, and I distinctly remember repeating to myself, "What just happened to me, what just happened to me." All else is a blur, though.

Thanks for the smile! I'm glad it's not just me!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!