abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Bump....good read to make time pass at work... if it's still around...:laugh:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Ripp is just opinionated though.
    He's not huge either, and never really excelled at powerlifting. Never figured out why he's such a big name in the strength field these days. His squat teaching is awful.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Lets not kill the messenger . . . I think he just put the word out for discussion.
    :flowerforyou:
    There's no need to be mean to him guys :noway:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Lets not kill the messenger . . . I think he just put the word out for discussion.
    :flowerforyou:
    There's no need to be mean to him guys :noway:

He'll be fine.
    The butthurt people are either people who don't lift, offended skinny guys with abs, or people who just don't know what the hell they're talking about.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

That's what the meatheads have to tell themselves to make up for the fact that most women think the 185 lb ripped guys (i.e., "figure chicks") look better.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. There is a huge difference between ripped and skinny. I also understand the boob reference. I giggle to myself when i hear women "bragging" about their F cups...uhh lose 70 pounds and see what happens.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Most of the guys are married w/ hot wives................
    And a few of them have wives that are stronger than those 185 pound guys.

Plus they're powerlifters...performance comes first.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Humility? I don't get it.
    I'm not surprised you don't understand when I say you need to learn some humility. I was referring to this statement by you: "If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny". You don't know my son, so there is no way you can "assure" me he isn't ripped. Once you learn some humility, you'll learn not to make statements like that. Being humble means being able to admit you don't know everything. It will come with some maturity. Hopefully.
    No offense towards your son but if he is any good at being a triathlete he isn't very big.
    He isn't very big. But he's ripped.
    Take Micheal Phelps for example, he is very lean, but he isn't big, and that is what the quote is all about. Please go back and read it again.
    Michael Phelps isn't big, but he's ripped.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Take Micheal Phelps for example, he is very lean, but he isn't big, and that is what the quote is all about. Please go back and read it again.
    Michael Phelps isn't big, but he's ripped.

He's myspace ripped maybe........
    being 10% bodyfat doesn't make you ripped...you have to have substantial muscle mass and be around 10% to qualify.

There's a very fine line between what people today refer to as "ripped" and someone who just got out of rehab for an eating disorder.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love how seriously everyone is taking this.
    I was going to loose weight to get my six pack but I'm 205. I'm now changing my plans because of this post... Ha!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    I love how seriously everyone is taking this.
    I was going to loose weight to get my six pack but I'm 205. I'm now changing my plans because of this post... Ha!

Dont do it. if you end up being 195 with visible abs you're a douche.

lol. but seriously, the quote is taken out of context and there are obvious exceptions to the rule. I know some huge 181s that compete in powerlifting.
    Elite probably has an issue with the myspace ripped teenagers, and people saying michael phelps is "ripped"....

and thats why they said something like that. not to mention they all have a pretty epic sense of humor.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I learned so much. Like my boobs don't count.

And that blanket statements piss people off.

And my boobs don't count.

Sigh.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny"

Skinny like Asafa Powell you mean?

Asafa%2BPowell2.jpg
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i looked at ur profile i weigh 185 and all my max lifts are far above yours...what catagory do i go in
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

exactly. lol
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.

I am in agreement here!! lol Mine always count! :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    i looked at ur profile i weigh 185 and all my max lifts are far above yours...what catagory do i go in

Nice!