abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• Zero2hero2013
    Options
    i think this is great, i will happily be a skinny 199lb 7% bf guy at 6ft 2 when i get there. shame im 198 and around 12% doh! lol

in steroid terms none of us nattys are going to get big, arguing with a steroid guy is stupid.

now most peoples perception of what looks good isnt steroid big! is it?

im happy trying to look good, and dont feel the need to try to obtain a size where i would struggle to scratch my *kitten* when it itches.

horses for courses!

besides what would you prefer? big or lean muscular? im aiming for the latter and have plenty of work to do so i am off
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Powerlifters think your son is skinny. Who fcking cares?

No one.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm in for vid of the 18yo barbell back squatting 600 parallel or below.

THIS... perfectingpat do you have any video or photos of this alleged 18 year old squatting 600 pounds?

Even in a multi-ply non drug tested division I'd be impressed and hella jealous!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I guess the boob part is directed more towards women who are overweight and always remind you that they have big boobs.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    There is so much butthurt in this thread... I needed this first thing this morning.

As much as I dislike Rippetoe for ripping off Starr's program and trying to claim it as his own, I love the following quote from him: "You can be 180 pounds and completely shredded, but once you put a t-shirt on, you still look like a skinny *kitten*."

Ripp is just an opinionated douche though.
    He's not huge either, and never really excelled at powerlifting. Never figured out why he's such a big name in the strength field these days. His squat teaching is awful.

The same reason Paleo is an explosively popular diet, 5 toed shoes are all the rage, and Oly lifting is once again becoming popular in America......
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm in for vid of the 18yo barbell back squatting 600 parallel or below.

Really? I'll see if he'll send it to me.

Yeah so if he doesn't go parallel or below I can be all douchey to you on the internet and if he does go parallel or below I can stfu and be all jealous and think to myself that he probably uses steroids.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    THIS... perfectingpat do you have any video or photos of this alleged 18 year old squatting 600 pounds?

I've already replied, but it's a busy thread, so maybe you missed it. He has a video so I'll see if I can get it. What 18 yo who squats that much wouldn't have a video? It was also on his friend's FB. He's young and lacks humility.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Powerlifters think your son is skinny. Who fcking cares?

No one.

You've spent a lot of time defending your boy for someone who doesn't care.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options

Why do you think I'm "defending my boy"? I'm claiming he isn't skinny. You've spent time in this thread too, and I doubt you care all that much about it either.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    i think this is great, i will happily be a skinny 199lb 7% bf guy at 6ft 2 when i get there. shame im 198 and around 12% doh! lol

in steroid terms none of us nattys are going to get big, arguing with a steroid guy is stupid.

im happy trying to look good, and dont feel the need to try to obtain a size where i would struggle to scratch my *kitten* when it itches.

horses for courses!

besides what would you prefer? big or lean muscular? im aiming for the latter and have plenty of work to do so i am off

Actually a natty lifter near genetic potential would look big as fck to and be accused of juicing by average people who don't know better.
  • Plates559
    Options
    There is so much butthurt in this thread... I needed this first thing this morning.

As much as I dislike Rippetoe for ripping off Starr's program and trying to claim it as his own, I love the following quote from him: "You can be 180 pounds and completely shredded, but once you put a t-shirt on, you still look like a skinny *kitten*."

Ripp is just an opinionated douche though.
    He's not huge either, and never really excelled at powerlifting. Never figured out why he's such a big name in the strength field these days. His squat teaching is awful.

The same reason Paleo is an explosively popular diet, 5 toed shoes are all the rage, and Oly lifting is once again becoming popular in America......

I have a 70's or so photo of Ripp dead lifting like 5 or 6 plate raw, but other than that, I've never seen a picture of him moving anything respectable besides that.
  • Plates559
    Options

horses for courses!

Actually a natty lifter near genetic potential would look big as fck to and be accused of juicing by average people who don't know better.

I've been asked a few times if I juice, and I'm not even big. Some people get offended, some take it as a complicated, I just reply "I wish! This would be so much easier" and then go back to my work out. There is a lot of ignorance with AAS and fitness.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You tell some of the strongest guys out there "hey man your squat is amazing, 1,200 pounds, wow!" They'll most likely say something along the lines of "Thanks, but it isn't big enough yet"

Yeah, but I could totally kick their butts in a 5k. Everyone has different fitness goals.

Ok tell a Kenyan "hey Shaniyan you can 25 miles in half an hour, wow!" and if she is an elitist she would say "Thanks, but I'm not fast enough yet"

Of course then Shaniyan would be classified as skinny so any visible abs would be under the category of skinny not ripped. Similar to Perfectingpats 25 year old son.

Jusssst Ssssayin'

I'm Kenyan and my name is Sarah. I've never even heard any Kenyan with the name Shaniyan. Jussssst Ssssayin'. Had to point that out because it was so ignorant.

Anyway the truth is you can't make blanket statements because everyone is different with different body types. Anyone who is "elite" in their field with a decent amount of intelligence can tell you that. To say such comments is very narrow-minded. And if that statement is true by default everyone under 200 lbs would have abs, we all know that's simply not true.
  • Julieta17
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.

I SECOND THAT!!! :bigsmile:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It seems a lot of people are now also confusing the terms ripped and jacked as well, which I am neither.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Why do you think I'm "defending my boy"? I'm claiming he isn't skinny.

Because you keep saying "he's not skinny, he's not skinny, he's not skinny"
    You've spent time in this thread too, and I doubt you care all that much about it either.

Oh, I care. I care a lot.

I care about the lulz.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    It seems a lot of people are now also confusing the terms ripped and jacked as well, which I am neither.

I like to be ripped on Jack
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Oh, I care. I care a lot.

I care about the lulz.

Indeed I care a lot about this thread too because it has entertained me so well. Kudos to Plates for creating such awesomeness.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

And cut. And ripped cut.

And shredded.

Let's not forget shredded wheat.

And possibly Wheat Os.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Because you keep saying "he's not skinny, he's not skinny, he's not skinny"

Right, I said that just like that. In fact, I typed it while jumping up and down throwing a temper tantrum.

Why do YOU care that I'm replying to a thread that says if you have abs but you're under 200 lbs, you're just skinny?