starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Another thing I find myself thinking to pull myself through while I'm doing the workout:

"I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. Fine, for 20 minutes I'm going to truly hate this. Then, once I'm done, I'm going to love it for the rest of the day".

Or, to get through the hard exercises:

"I hate this. I hate this, I hate this. Fine, you hate this. Hate it for 30 seconds & get over it".

Works every time. ;)
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 (or is it 4?) this morning. Today was definitely better. I did have to modify the plank exercises - instead of hands on floor I do hands on a low coffee table. I can still *definitely* feel it but I'm able to do more than 2 moves before resting.

I had my non-food reward last night for finishing level 1: a 60 minute massage! It was amazing! I already booked my next massage for 3 weeks out, so I am going to keep doing level 2 until my next massage. :)

Keep at it! You're doing great!
  • violet976
    Options
    @ wizbeth: You say you use a coffee table to improvise the planks. Is there any other equipment or household furniture that will be needed for level 2, or to improvise level 2? So far I have weights, a stepping stool & my sewing stool as my handy "go to" items. Anything else I need? I will surely need to do the improvised versions at first.
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finished L3 D3 tonight, and I'm not going to lie to you all......it was rough this go around. I drug myself through it though!
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    @ wizbeth: You say you use a coffee table to improvise the planks. Is there any other equipment or household furniture that will be needed for level 2, or to improvise level 2? So far I have weights, a stepping stool & my sewing stool as my handy "go to" items. Anything else I need? I will surely need to do the improvised versions at first.

Hmmm... I don't think so. I will say that I went up to 5lb weights by the end of Level 1, but so far in Level 2 I have had to go back down to 3lb weights. I honestly can't think of any other tips, tricks, or inside info on Level 2.

Have a good time with Level 2 tomorrow! :)
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    :wink: Hi there, I wouldn't mind starting to do this 30 day shred but what do I have to do exactly?

Type in 30 day shred level 1 into youtube and a 30 min or so video should pop up.. thats level one if you wanted to have a look at what it involved.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 8 done, I think I am doing more of the planks modified than I did at the beginning.... weird! My shoulders hate all of the planks. I am looking forward to getting past level 2 and moving on to 3!!! I definately think that I will do RI30 next and then start 30DS at the beginning of the year again. Next time I am going to try to do 30 days straight, to beat the winter blues!!!
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 4 today, should be rest day tomorrow, I may do the shred if I wake up in time in the morning, this was the worst one yet but it feels good for the rest of the day if I get it done before work
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    D4L1 done! Finally found my 5 lb weights and put them to use. My arms were definitely more tired afterwardst than with the 2 pound that I had been using.
    I took my "before" pictures this afternoon too. OY! Not pretty. It certainly was motivation to push myself harder though!
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2... I don't have the words to describe how much I hate it.

9 more days. :(
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Level 3 is something to look forward to!!! I've just done day 5 of it LOL!
  • KashsMILF
    Options
    lol I was only able to do 5 min on my first day!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've just completed the last day of level two. Tomorrow is day one, level three. Gulp!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Even the warm-up is a bit harder but I def enjoy it more than level 2!
  • aldinhasil
    Options
    day 4 level 1 completed! everything hurts!!! I call her names all the time! just during the workout, because after that the results are good, even my boss said my weight is fading away!!! :D
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Even the warm-up is a bit harder but I def enjoy it more than level 2!

I really didn't enjoy level two as much. Looking forward to level three though! (I think!)
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just done level 1 day 2
    The way I feel this should work :smile:
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just done day 5 of level 1.... feeling alot better doing it now! still curse during jumping jacks and jump rope but after ive finished im glad i got through it! 27 minutes has never gone so fast!!
    I'm now having 2 days off from it, will try and jump on exercise bike at some point over weekend, but am dreading starting again on Monday! will use the heavier weights as got lightest ones to 'ease' in at moment!

It won't be all good hard work gone to waste will it? how many of you take more than 1 day off from it?
  • stephk19
    stephk19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finished L3 D3 tonight, and I'm not going to lie to you all......it was rough this go around. I drug myself through it though!

Day 3 has been the hardest day for me to get through so far! Just finished day 5 and felt a lot better with what I was doing...I actually managed to get through the push ups without stopping which was a first!
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2... I don't have the words to describe how much I hate it.

9 more days. :(

I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Today is a planned rest day for me, and I have never in my life been so relieved that I don't have to do something.

I'm struggling more with motivation for Level 2 because it is SO difficult for me. BUT, I am still committed to doing it. I just need someone to drag my big @$$ out of bed in the morning to do it. :)

I'm going to do the BL Cardio Max work out tonight. Your prayers are appreciated. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!