Calling all MEN... Get in here now!!

Options

Replies

• flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Rudy used too.

My Girl and The Last Song are tough ones fo sho..
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Oh.. another is Hachi. About a dog who goes to a train station everyday and waits for his owner to come home. Well, one day his owner dies at work. this happens about 30 minutes into it. The rest of the movie (another hour) is about the dog who refuses to leave the train station until his owner returns.

I'm most assuredly not a dude - -but i have also seen this movie........it was very touching....and i hate chick flicks.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale...I saw that movie a while back and it tore me up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Old Yeller but the absolute worst : Brian's Song.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Brian's song
    Awakenings (first time a movie ever made me cry)
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Rudy used too.

Why wouldn't they just let him play.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a hard *kitten* to cry watching a movie. My emotional moments come with real life experiences.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    50 First Dates at the end when they make the movie for her every day to catch her up on what has happened in her life.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a hard *kitten* to cry watching a movie. My emotional moments come with real life experiences.

Spoken like a true *kitten* :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you making this thread so now I know which guys on MFP to not pursue (in case I ever had the desire) as I cannot handle men crying unless it's the death of an immediate family member. So thanks!

I bet your dance card is full.

Men with emotions=winning.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    How about a TV show? Grey's Anatomy. 70% of the episodes will make you cry like a baby.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Other than "jock scratchin'", I do all of the aforementioned manly activities, though I am not a man.

I Am Sam (Sean Penn) is incredibly heart wrenching; avoid this film if you do wish to weep like a 6 year old girl.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Dragonheart.

Why'd the dragon have to die? =(

(in my defense, I was 11)
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Highlander - when his wife got old and died.

Highlander 2 and 3 - because they sucked.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Top Gun... when Goose dies. But in my defense, I was only 10. Now I cry because I realize that I wore the VHS out watching the scene where the gay and the lesbian get it on over and over again. Come to think of it, that is probably where my issues began.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Other than "jock scratchin'", I do all of the aforementioned manly activities, though I am not a man.

I Am Sam (Sean Penn) is incredibly heart wrenching; avoid this film if you do wish to weep like a 6 year old girl.

But he didn't win the academy award, know why? Because you never go full retard.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Top Gun... when Goose dies. But in my defense, I was only 10.

I watched that a couple months ago and had the same reaction. But in my defense, I was only 39.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just remembered my husband cried when they killed Dobby. :[ I cried too. :cry:
    "Dobby is a happy elf..." & Snape's memories... almost...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't care how macho he is, I challenge ANY man to watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale and not at least get a lump in his throat. Quite possibly one ot the top five saddest movies I've ever seen.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ok... So if you're reading this then you admit to being a jock scratchin', beer guzzlin' (light/low carb is fine!), oil changin', sports watchin' MAN! So in the vein of all things manly, I've got one question...

What movie(s) make you CRY like a BABY??

I can NEVER get through Man on Fire (Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning) without tearing up! I watched it the other night and purposefully got up to make a protein shake at the end so that I could regain my composure... Didn't work!

What say ye?

Best of the Best