Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy...but even after all of this time...the all time most disturbing movie that I ever saw was Walt Disney's Bambi.... I was very, very young and seeing (Bambi's) mother killed was fearful and traumatizing...Although I love the character Bambi....I continue to hate that movie. I refused to let my own children see that movie because of my experience.

disney is nowhere near as scary or as "real" as it used to be.. lol i suppose since we all grew up and know what it did to some of us as children.. it's good to have that kind of feedback so we don't make the same mistakes. Back then, cartoons weren't just for children.. even now they aren't but, Animated motion pictures by disney were meant for the whole family and they wanted to appeal to the whole family by not leaving anything out. I think they know better now.. we have adult cartoons.. and kid cartoons.. and it's easier now to tell the difference.
  • dlminnerjr
    Options
    Its not a horror movie but scarred me for life Ole yellow watched it way to young to understand
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Clockwork Orange.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Children of the corn, the original.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Children of the corn, the original.

if we put stephen king into a category of his own, he'd be a front runner too
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A Serbian Film. . . saw it with the ex and ugh strangely still had sex during the movie and wasn't grossed out lol
  • kimcalica
    Options
    A Serbian Film. . . saw it with the ex and ugh strangely still had sex during the movie and wasn't grossed out lol

something very wrong about that...
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Arachnophobia......I still can't close my eyes in the shower.

I hear you! I still check the toilet bowl before I sit down. Eep. I think I was 11 when I walked into the loungeroom my older cousins were watching Arachnophobia.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It didn't scar me, but the original texas chainsaw massacre irks the **** outta me.
  • spippin73
    Options
    The Tingler (before most of you were born) and then Fallen with Denzel
  • kimcalica
    Options
    It didn't scar me, but the original texas chainsaw massacre irks the **** outta me.

irks like irritates and makes you mad?
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Watership Down... when I was like 6 or 7.. Pretty horrifying at that age.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The Anti christ. Effed me up.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Three of em: The Human Centipede, The Decent and Insidious
  • kimcalica
    Options
    The Anti christ. Effed me up.

yeah! movies with a 'message" always carry with us.. this one in particular, what i got from it, was that this woman blamed sex for the loss of her son. and took out her anger on it... and the part about women being evil.. i couldn't really get my head around that. or putting the kids shoes on backward... well if you could clear that up.. i'm all eyes...
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    THE SHINING!!! For real...

"RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM!"
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I hate clowns because of poltergeist, I was 9 when that movie came out and I watched it.

I completely agree. What's worse, I watched IT by Steven King and that pretty much made me permanently afraid of anything that looks like a clown - that includes Ronald McDonald.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    i can't believe i've forgotten this movie i tried to watch last week.. it's on netflix called "chillerama" it's 2011 done in the style of those campy 1950's horror movies like "the crawling eye" or "the brain that wouldn't die" but this one is a total spoof and is a bunch of sex kitsch. i only got through one segment of the movie (it's an anthology) it was about a guy who couldn't produce sperm and a dr gave him meds to strengthen his sperm.. well.. we end up with a giant sperm monster trying to impregnate the statue of liberty.. they even try to protect lady liberty by covering her with a giant condom! it was GROSS.. and just well.. GROSS! and it did scar me.. yes.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    I snuck out of my room when I was 6 and hid behind the couch. My parents were watching troll. I caught the scene were the little girl is bouncing the ball on the stairs and it falls into the basement and the trolltrap here in the ring and assume her image. Scared the **** out of me and since I wasnt supposed to be watching it I couldn't even tell my parents about my nightmare.

i remember being terrified of this movie.. i must have seen it with my family as well.. i remember my uncle terrorizing me with stories about the troll! and troll 2 was just as bad... grr
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Tales from the Darkside, Twilight Zone....need I say more? Again, they don't scare me, but I LOVE them!!!! I always love stories that don't have that sickenly sweet "tied up in a bow" ending.

these will always have a special place in my heart!