starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• jamieheyl
    jamieheyl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started the shred yesterday. My neighbor and I have been working out for the last year. We were pretty consistent throughout last school year with the Pink Method, which worked pretty well (even without following the diet to a T). We fell away from working out almost the whole summer and decided to try something different. I found that it really wasn't that difficult except my arms getting tired towards the end of some of the strength exercises. This makes me feel great b/c I was able to get through the cardio without a problem, that means that my summer off from working out didn't really put me back too much. I'm looking forward to participating in the thread and seeing where this takes me! I also bought Ripped in 30 as well as the 6 weeks to a 6 pack. I plan to do these after the shred :-)
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    day 4 level 1 today, not too bad today. got through the cardio a little easier today.
    going to take the kids for a nature walk in a little while to get in some walking. didnt have the best day with food yesterday, going to work it off today.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Day 12 (Day 2 of level 2). I'm not going to lie. I still hate this with a passion. Today was the first day I did not eagerly jump out of bed to do my routine, and it was as unenjoyable as yesterday. The planks are kicking my butt royally, and I can hear myself making almost crying noises just trying to get through them. I've fallen to the floor a few times and had to force myself back up, and just laid there when it was over.

I hope this means that it is royally kicking my body into shape as well.

...8 more days. :(
  • MrsBarbone
    Options
    I love this workout, the only probelm i have is I can never do it longer than like 12 days... I need help not getting bored and staying focused
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just started day 5 level 1. It is hard to stay motivated, I hate working out! But I just keep telling myself its only 30 minutes. Halfway through I'm cursing Jillian and when I'm finished I'm proud. Down 1/2 an inch so far. Definitely a love hate relationship for me. Lol. Gonna keep on pushing!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2... I don't have the words to describe how much I hate it.

9 more days. :(

I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Today is a planned rest day for me, and I have never in my life been so relieved that I don't have to do something.

I'm struggling more with motivation for Level 2 because it is SO difficult for me. BUT, I am still committed to doing it. I just need someone to drag my big @$$ out of bed in the morning to do it. :)

I'm going to do the BL Cardio Max work out tonight. Your prayers are appreciated. ;)

I felt *great* after day 1 of level two until about 3 hours later when the soreness really kicked in!
  • purpleree6
    Options
    Day 9, level 2. I really don't enjoy this level at all. I actually felt like I was going to have a heart attack this morning. I still struggle with the v lifts on the squats and not keen on the pendulum things. I shall measure myself tomorrow and see if all my hard work has got any results. I got some great results from level 1 so I'm pretty hopeful.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 9, level 2. I really don't enjoy this level at all. I actually felt like I was going to have a heart attack this morning. I still struggle with the v lifts on the squats and not keen on the pendulum things. I shall measure myself tomorrow and see if all my hard work has got any results. I got some great results from level 1 so I'm pretty hopeful.

It made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who hates this level. I'm just counting down the days.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and I can really tell the difference! I've lost about 4 lbs since I started and I can tell I've lost inches. Good luck!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    lol I was only able to do 5 min on my first day!

push through it! mind over matter, Babe. You got this! Little by little. Push yourself until you think you might die and then push harder. Make your breaks short and only when absoutely necessary. If the calf working cardio is just too much on your legs go to low impact cardio like shadow boxing or high kicks (peek at level two for these), just KEEP moving during cardio. each day push harder before you have to switch or stop. You can do this! :drinker:
  • Colleen118
    Options

It made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who hates this level. I'm just counting down the days.

Level 3 is a great thing to look forward to after this one. It's definately harder but I hated level two as well. BUT if you put in you effort, you should start seeing some results toward the end of level two and beginning of level 3 :)

So TIGHTEN THOSE ABS! :smokin:
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level one. So far so good!!
  • Colleen118
    Options
    I love this workout, the only probelm i have is I can never do it longer than like 12 days... I need help not getting bored and staying focused

After feeling the same during level two and being more proud I finished it, my best motivation is to keep pushing yourself. you will see the difference if you are giving your best effort and really trying.
  • careercoachsally
    Options
    Best workout DVD on the market if you ask me! 20 minutes and very effective! The lbs melted off when I was doing the workouts. Fell off the wagon, but back on again...dropping 20 by Xmas! Do the workouts at your own pace and don't give up!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 2 done tonight and OMG I hate that woman even more! lol But really, it was a nice change from level 1....eased the boredom. I can't decide which part I hate more...the double jump rope or the plank jacks!
  • violet976
    Options
    For those further into the routine (or who can base this from other exercise routines they've done)...

I'm curious to know if weight or inches are easier or harder to shred off when you are already pretty tiny (as in, I don't really want to lose weight, but I want to tone up & tighten my butt & thighs). I ask because I've seen a few state that by about halfway through the routine, they've already seen a slight decrease in inches, and so far I feel I've really pushed myself with a 2.3 mile fast walk each day, 30DS, & Butt Bible, and still am not noticing much. Just curious to know if most have experienced any tangible difference by the halfway point, or if that's just wishful thinking. I would have assumed that the fat or inches would have been easier & quicker to work off if you were smaller, but perhaps I am way off there.
  • purpleree6
    Options
    So after nearly killing myself with level 2, I have lost a grand total of 1.2lbs and half an inch from my hips!! OMG!! I'm SO disappointed!!! All that work for that!!! *CRY*
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did all 10 days of the first level with no rest days and only lost a little over an inch total with no weight loss. For the second level, I decided to go shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, rest to see if that made a difference. I did day 4 (level 2) yesterday, so today was cardio. I decided my wii just wasn't cutting it for cardio. I found a video on You Tube "Sim Down Cardio Burn Workout Video by Exercise TV" Kendall Hogan is the instructor. I couldn't really keep up with the first run through (didn't expect I would with my 2 left feet) but I liked it.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    wow that amazing , in just 4 days, I can do u press up to save my life.

If you cant do the push up's do them off the wall, or off the kitchen counter. feet apart, hands together. After one week, try again on the floor. dont just "not" do it because you cant.. alter it so you CAN! You got this girl!! <3 You can get the video for free on youtube, for those interested.

As soon as I hit "One"derland, im starting it! (Which might be this week!) SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    level 1, day 5, used 3lb weights (litre bottles of water) today instead of cans of beans (1 lb) - tougher but do-able, but suddenly unable to do any push-ups and mega issue with final set for abs. Never mind, posture is improved, shoulders more relaxed and feels like my jeans are already smaller but surely they cant be? Measured at beginning, will not measure again until end of level 3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!