Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options

Replies

• waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You should be thankful. You could be some poor sap that has NEVER had someone send a friend request without a message like...uh...a friend of mine. Yeah, a friend of mine. I'm sure it probably gives him a major complex that he isn't good looking enough, or funny enough, or active enough that people would just send out random friend requests just for the opportunity to have some sort of contact with me, I mean him. You should be thankful. I sure wouldn't want to be him.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I specifically ask that requesters leave a message. Any that don't, don't get friended!
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are gonna complain that you are getting requests?! No seriously though, I dont except them if they dont write me a little note about themselves. I always do with my requests.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You should be thankful. You could be some poor sap that has NEVER had someone send a friend request without a message like...uh...a friend of mine. Yeah, a friend of mine. I'm sure it probably gives him a major complex that he isn't good looking enough, or funny enough, or active enough that people would just send out random friend requests just for the opportunity to have some sort of contact with me, I mean him. You should be thankful. I sure wouldn't want to be him.

eb6l52.gif
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    you're telling me! That super pisses me off... The ones I have requested without a note never comment anyway so I just delete them away. I mean what is so Fing hard?
  • hello_miffy
    hello_miffy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm not bothered about messages from friend requests because this is a weight loss/exercise site, not facebook. I have no personal info here and the only reason I have friends on here is to inspire me to keep it up and to compare myself to or find ideas of things to do/eat. For that reason, I wouldn't decline a friend request as I see no negative that can come from a friend unless they turned out to be a troll of course, which I have never seen happen here.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound hard at all.

For me personally I ask that they email me with a resume and a cover page outlining their qualifications and life long experiences that make them candidate to make my friend list.

Also they have to write a 1,000 - 1,500 word essay with a clear thesis, 5 supporting arguments and a strong conclusion, using only academic sources and scholarly journals for reference.

Sometimes personal interviews may be necessary and some conditions may also apply.

:laugh:
  • finding_sammi
    Options

For me personally I ask that they email me with a resume and a cover page outlining their qualifications and life long experiences that make them candidate to make my friend list.

Also they have to write a 1,000 - 1,500 word essay with a clear thesis, 5 supporting arguments and a strong conclusion, using only academic sources and scholarly journals for reference.

Sometimes personal interviews may be necessary and some conditions may also apply.

funny as!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Well if it's too hard for them to write a message, how would I know it's not too hard for them to be a friend on here?

And I don't understand why they give a crap if someone has a criteria or preference for friend requests, why does it matter so much to them?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    yea it's not hard at all!!!! I usually Go with

"Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and outter beauty is simply divine and everlasting, Yours is an ancient beauty, the kind of muse that inspired Omar Khayyam or the Chauraspanchasika. Surely it was an angel like you who wooed Odysseus as he stood tied to the mast or whose light burst from the balcony that inspired Romeo... to song. Oh be my muse, fair princess and we shall teach the generations to come how to love."

Works well i find.

Hmmm. I feel like this might scare me a bit.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I just do not get the butthurt of people who do not agree with people's personal preference to ask for a message. I have one in my profile but apparently I am elitist or conceited just for having it! I am not sure what smacks of elitism about my request for a message.

Mine says: "Friend requests: I DO NOT ACCEPT FRs WITHOUT A NOTE INDICATING WHY YOU WANT TO ADD ME. I am always happy to add like-minded folks but like to keep up with my friends and so while I am very flattered if you want to add me, I want to keep that list manageable."

Could someone please explain how that it elitist or conceited?

Sorry for the caps - it is a copy paste from my profile and I put the caps on to try to bring peoples attention to it, which does not seem to work in any event, as I do not like declining FRs out of hand.

I completely agree. I'm on her list, so obviously she has no standards. Just bash the keyboard a few times to get some letters printed in the FR box.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is blank unless I am your friend, I have no idea if I share any interests or not. I would send a blank FR to match your profile...

That's all well and good, but hypothetically why are you friend requesting me in the first place if you don't know anything about me?

I'm not. Why are you asking the question of people who you are judging you don't want to be friends with for such an arbitrary reason?

Whose on FIRST??
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Add Friend :

tumblr_m0hi8qN1PQ1rnkcuxo1_250.gif
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Well if it's too hard for them to write a message, how would I know it's not too hard for them to be a friend on here?

And I don't understand why they give a crap if someone has a criteria or preference for friend requests, why does it matter so much to them?

Indeed. If you don't agree with the stipulations, then just move on; it would seem that you probably shouldn't be friends anyway.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I actually started feeling badly you - until I looked and saw that you really don't want any. Well played!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I don't care if I get friend requests with or without a message or not. Sometimes I send a message if I want to be friends with someone sometimes I don't. If you want to be friends with me fine, if not ok, no big deal. I give all my friends support and motivation.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I give about this many fucks about a message in a friend request. It really isn't that important or worth stressing over. I hope for your sake all future friend requests come with a message. God bless. :flowerforyou:

What if God was one of us?

He'd apparently be overweight since he joined the site.

He might even post about sub-1200 calorie diets and starvation mode.

I bet he'd be smug and keep his diary private. Some people...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I give about this many fucks about a message in a friend request. It really isn't that important or worth stressing over. I hope for your sake all future friend requests come with a message. God bless. :flowerforyou:

What if God was one of us?

I think he'd prefer a message if we ever wanna be his BFF
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lol that's funny!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: