Man to Man: A Support System for Men

Options

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Yep, skated around the parky lot at the tanning salon last night while her highness roasted. Little bit of a downslope, 'twas a good time. I think I need to invest in some decent X-trainer shoes.

If you're a kid you look pretty normal on one of these things. Apparently, if you're 42 years old with a grey goatee and a carhartt work coat and kicker-boots,,, you don't look so normal. I sure got some funny looks.

"The word far today is 'incongruous'... Can you say 'incongruous'?" :smile:

Casper,

That is cool how you took so leisure time (Waiting for wife @ tanning saloon) and used it for exercise. I hope I get better at that.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Hey, I had a minor milestone today. I have been doing about 45 minutes at a time on the exercise bike. But today, I decided to go for the hour mark. It is the first time I have exercised for an hour straight since I was in the Dancing Bears a.k.a Jump & Jiggle a.k.a. Fat Boy Club a.k.a. Weight Control Program when I was in the Navy 18 years ago.

To celebrate, my wife and I are gonna go walking at the athletic park later today.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Excellent,,,

This morning I went for a bike ride and learned stuff. Like,,,

I can ride from my house to Big Lots - shop for 10 minutes - hang out with HS pal Connie for 10 minutes - and ride home again and do it all in One hour and 15,,,... That's not bad, it's a 14 mile round trip.

I'm a typical lame new grampa, showing baby pictures.

Connie agrees that he's a cutie.

Big Lots does not currently have 100' measuring tapes. I'm judging the paper airplane contest at church tomorrow and need a long tape.

Onward...
  • mromnek
    Options
    Excellent,,,

This morning I went for a bike ride and learned stuff. Like,,,

I can ride from my house to Big Lots - shop for 10 minutes - hang out with HS pal Connie for 10 minutes - and ride home again and do it all in One hour and 15,,,... That's not bad, it's a 14 mile round trip.

I'm a typical lame new grampa, showing baby pictures.

Connie agrees that he's a cutie.

Big Lots does not currently have 100' measuring tapes. I'm judging the paper airplane contest at church tomorrow and need a long tape.

Onward...

Congrats on the new grampa thing... that will be me in about 7 - 7-1/2 months.
    I'd say check Wal-Mart for the 100 ft tape, but they don't carry anything anymore. Might have to go to Lowes or Home Depot.
  • CasperO
    Options
    Harbor Freight, 50 meter/166 foot fiberglass measuring tape on a plastic reel, pretty decent. $5. Some day the Chinese are going to come over here and kill us in our sleep, and I can't say I'd blame them.
  • mromnek
    Options
    Kewl, I wish they had a Harbor Freight closer to us. My wife groans any time I go into a Harbor Freight or Northern store. She just don't understand!!! :wink:
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a way to "watch" favorite topics so that you can be informed when new posts come in... I keep forgetting to check back here. Man, so many things to reply to...

In response to dad and casper - Its good to know I'm not the only "pear" shaped guy in MFP, my hips are wider than the waist - I almost think that I might be able to lose my gut completely and I'll still have this backside and thighs. Good thing is that my back is still broader than my hips so with clothes on nobody can tell ;)

CasperO - congrats on the new grandchild... more lifting equipment!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ok, there's a lot of discussion here already, so this has probably been said. But I'm not going through all the posts to find out.
    Hey Guys!

I am sure that many of you have heard about a pedometer and walking the recommended 10,000 steps a day.
    I know some of you maybe thinking about how you may look to everyone else around you when you wear this pedometer, but think about how they will be looking at you when the results are visible. Wearing a pedometer is an awesome way to help you keep track of how many steps you take each day. And did I mention that you can log this down in your MFP exercise log!!

You can get free, very accurate pedometers for your iphone. No one's going to laugh when you carry that around. And they're typically backed up with some excellent diagnostic stuff so you can easily graph progress and other stuff. Just google iphone pedometer and I'm sure you'll be able to find some good ones.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ok, there's a lot of discussion here already, so this has probably been said. But I'm not going through all the posts to find out.
    Hey Guys!

I am sure that many of you have heard about a pedometer and walking the recommended 10,000 steps a day.
    I know some of you maybe thinking about how you may look to everyone else around you when you wear this pedometer, but think about how they will be looking at you when the results are visible. Wearing a pedometer is an awesome way to help you keep track of how many steps you take each day. And did I mention that you can log this down in your MFP exercise log!!

You can get free, very accurate pedometers for your iphone. No one's going to laugh when you carry that around. And they're typically backed up with some excellent diagnostic stuff so you can easily graph progress and other stuff. Just google iphone pedometer and I'm sure you'll be able to find some good ones.

@Dom_m

Good info... Keep up the good work!:wink:
  • CasperO
    Options
    In response to dad and casper - Its good to know I'm not the only "pear" shaped guy in MFP, my hips are wider than the waist - I almost think that I might be able to lose my gut completely and I'll still have this backside and thighs. Good thing is that my back is still broader than my hips so with clothes on nobody can tell ;)
    My hips are not wider than my waist. My pants are tight in the seat and thighs and loose in the waist because my waist is trim, my stomach is flat, and I have well developed quadriceps from biking and big gluteals and a bubble butt from weight training.

I'm definitely not "pear shaped", and never was. I wish I had been. My weight hid out in front of me in a big belly, where I could suck it in and deny it was there for several years. :blushing:
  • mromnek
    Options
    I apologize before this post... my dad forwarded this to me. :blushing:

I was in the restaurant yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to pass gas.
    The music was really, really loud, so I timed my gas with the beat of the music.
    After a couple of songs, I started to feel better. I finished my coffee, and noticed that everybody was staring at me.
    ....Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod. :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone else have this problem following a diet with increased fiber?!? :sad:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Dude,,, you made me spray my monitor! That's riotous!.

Yes, it's a real problem. Not only a lot of gas, but exceptional "quality" of gas. Seriously sulfuric deathgas,,, like, paint-peeling green cloud gas. My wife is ready to get a cork, or a gun.

She wants me to go outside, and I'm starting to do it when I'm having one of "those" days.
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    The change in diet definitely has odoriferous effects. I agree with Casper. My experience has been no so much with quantity but with the down wind birds that keep falling out of the sky.
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    I was "regular" before, but now I am.....let's just say my system is very clean.:wink: And with regard to the gas, I am a walking "time bomb" :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    count me in!
  • mromnek
    Options
    The other night, my wife were lying in bed. I was rubbing my wife's back with the dog between us. I let a nice melodious release, and she thought it was the dog growling. She asked, "What's he growling about?" I told her he was jealous that I was rubbing her back and not him!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • CasperO
    Options
    I try to blame farts on the dog, but the dog protests, and my wife trust the dog more than me. As well she should.
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    I try to blame farts on the dog, but the dog protests, and my wife trust the dog more than me. As well she should.

I blame the kids :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Man there are certain days where it is just best you are alone when you have had too much fiber. :sick:

I tried getting some jeans this weekend. Big gut plus no butt equals no luck. :mad:

I'll try next month. :bigsmile:
  • gr8dad1975
    Options
    Hey Guys

I have really been enjoying the support, friendship, and fun that is found here at the Man to Man Forum. We are all various ages, sizes, and backgrounds, but when we get together none of that matters. I look forward to checking out the posts, which can be informative, funny, and just downright weird. But this is what makes the Man to Man Forum what it is. You men do an awesome job for one another and I just wanted to take a moment to point that out. :drinker:

Okay enough of that.................NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED CRAZINESS!!!!::bigsmile: