Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    Playstation 3... My X was obsessed with God Of War...
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Because I was too nice:0

Beat 'em...whip 'em....make 'em write bad checks.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyxmggHYsb1qfnh94o1_500.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

That is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ESPECIALLY unbelievable since JW's don't believe in hell........ :huh:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell fire. If he said this to you, it might have been that he was still learning their beliefs and was confused, or you misunderstood him. They do however, follow the Bible's teaching to abstain from sex until married (or to start abstaining, if previously sexually active, once a person decides to follow the Bible's teachings), which happens to be safer physically and emotionally...no unwanted babies for a single-parent, or STDs, embarrassment, regret, etc.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage. Plus this completely skips "contraception" and "safe sex"... you just jumped from "abstinence" to "AIDS BABIES." STDs, unwanted children, and all those other wonderful things you slapped across "premarital sex" are easily avoided with SEX EDUCATION.

Not to mention it's incredibly heteronormative to think that marriage is the only way someone can have a healthy, committed relationship.

If you're going to believe something, fine. But make sure you're believing it for VALID reasons, hm?

I never said it was the ONLY way to avoid those things, but was simply pointing out there are positive aspects of choosing to abstain until married and if someone chooses that for themselves, they should not be chastised for it. I never put down someone else's beliefs in my post. I also never said if they were or were not my own beliefs, but was clarifying that the intial posting was inaccurate about the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses. Have a great day!

Sorry, that was a royal "you"--not you personally, but anyone who would espouse those thought processes.

You didn't point out that those were "positive" aspects... you explicitly said "safer," a comparative term that means what you wrote is better than premarital sex, which isn't an objective truth. Actually, all of the things you just responded with you DIDN'T initially say. Perhaps you should actually say what you mean then instead of grouping things generally and continuing misinformation that has resulted in so much "abstinence only" failures :)

Thanks for the passive aggressive "Have a great day" though! :D (This is passive aggressive too!)
  • firstsip
    Options
    68rEN.gif
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My ex thought he had a new girlfriend. Weeks later he informed me they weren't girlfriend/boyfriend, they were just good friends. He must have cared more for her than she did him. LOL. We divorced after 21.5 yrs married. I lost a lot of years but the divorce was the best move for me. I'm now retired and living in Arkansas with my sister and her husband. My ex is remarried to HIS first ex. Not my problem any more.

I ended up divorced after 22 years of marriage and it was a blessing. I could not be happier than I am now!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I dumped a crosseyed girl once... she was seeing someone else.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell fire. If he said this to you, it might have been that he was still learning their beliefs and was confused, or you misunderstood him. They do however, follow the Bible's teaching to abstain from sex until married (or to start abstaining, if previously sexually active, once a person decides to follow the Bible's teachings), which happens to be safer physically and emotionally...no unwanted babies for a single-parent, or STDs, embarrassment, regret, etc.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage. Plus this completely skips "contraception" and "safe sex"... you just jumped from "abstinence" to "AIDS BABIES." STDs, unwanted children, and all those other wonderful things you slapped across "premarital sex" are easily avoided with SEX EDUCATION.

Not to mention it's incredibly heteronormative to think that marriage is the only way someone can have a healthy, committed relationship.

If you're going to believe something, fine. But make sure you're believing it for VALID reasons, hm?

I never said it was the ONLY way to avoid those things, but was simply pointing out there are positive aspects of choosing to abstain until married and if someone chooses that for themselves, they should not be chastised for it. I never put down someone else's beliefs in my post. I also never said if they were or were not my own beliefs, but was clarifying that the intial posting was inaccurate about the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses. Have a great day!

Sorry, that was a royal "you"--not you personally, but anyone who would espouse those thought processes.

You didn't point out that those were "positive" aspects... you explicitly said "safer," a comparative term that means what you wrote is better than premarital sex, which isn't an objective truth. Actually, all of the things you just responded with you DIDN'T initially say. Perhaps you should actually say what you mean then instead of grouping things generally and continuing misinformation that has resulted in so much "abstinence only" failures :)

Thanks for the passive aggressive "Have a great day" though! :D (This is passive aggressive too!)

Oh.. That's what you call 'passive'!? lol. . jeez. .have a drink.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I was dumped because God told her I was a temptation from the devil. My friends tried to cheer me up by making jokes like, 'You were engaged to Joan of Arc' or 'At least you lost her to a better man." I was so broken-hearted for a while.

But, thankfully, it allowed me to be available when I met the love of my life, my wife Felicia.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I got dumped when I was 18 for not wanting kids

18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • firstsip
    Options

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Oh.. That's what you call 'passive'!? lol. . jeez. .have a drink.

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE.

spHCH.gif
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Options
    That is the biggest martini shaker I have ever seen.

......Where do I get one?
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I dumped a guy for having dirty fingernails ALL THE TIME.

He's a mechanic, but still.

There were more reasons, but I like this one best.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    Because when I got anorexic, went to hospital and got depressed he decided that I wasn't fun anymore.

And second one, because I couldn't stand that he was sleeping with 100 diffrent girls at the same time including one that I really didn't like and telling me about every single one with details. "Because I love woman so much! You knew who I am from the very beginning! I would like to be with you my angel but if you can't understand my needs we can't be together."
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I once had to dump a guy who I wasn't even dating when I was 16... he became a bit of a stalker, would turn up at my house at like 7 in the morning to walk me to college without asking to, would wait outside and stare through the windows of my classroom during lessons, and he was at a house party I was at once, snuck up behind me and cut off a piece of my hair D: people behind me saw and everyone thought he was extremely creepy from then on. I asked him to never get in contact with me again and he tried to kill himself. I think he's doing alright/not a creep now though
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I once dumped a guy because he wouldn't dump me for screwing his cousin. Who wants to date a chump....
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    AND have a grilled cheese sandwich ready for him.

while youre in there, Sweet Cheeks, make me one too... on Sourdough with tomato.
    please and thank you.
    =)
    Make 3

Or four.

i have never had one of these?!?! can i have in on this one please!!!? x
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I got dumped for getting my first tattoo. I was 19
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Options