Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I got dumped because my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer (she has passed away now), and my boyfriend at the time told me I was too sad all the time. Some people's children, I tell you.
    What a ****!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    I dumped a guy that I didn't realize I was dating..... yeah (that is what it's supposed to say) lol

We were in HS, we hung out a lot, but we had never kissed, never held hands, never went on a date or anything, we would just hang out at his house and play video games. I thought we were just good friends, heck, to be honest I thought he was gay...

So one day he came into where I worked (which he did a lot, my boss really liked him) So the three of us are standing there talking and I said, 'hey I'm not coming over Friday, I have a date" And he looks at me and says "so I guess that means you're breaking up with me?" I said, "I didn't realize we were...." (how do you reply to that???) and he said whatever and left. My boss cracked up over that and was like "You just broke his heart, how could you have not known you were dating him". lol

I've had that happen, too. I had no idea we were "an item," until more than a year later. He was a nice enough guy, but I guess he made too many assumptions? If we're going to be a couple, you should probably at least ask me.

This is the classic woman saying, "were just friends". All guys know that there is no such thing. LOL.

I suppose. I've had lots of guy friends that were never more than friends. Many of them are also friends with my husband. But this fellow should have at least asked me to be his girlfriend, or even told me I was his girlfriend (I've had one boy do that successfully, but normally that would be an instant no, unless as in the case of that one boy the aggressiveness rather did it for me), but just assuming boyfriend status without ever mentioning it? That is assuming too much. And you know what they say about assuming.
    I seriously don't understand how someone can just "assume" boyfriend status. What do these guys think is a normal relationship? If you are never physically affectionate with someone, then you're probably not they're boyfriend or girlfriend.

Of course, that's assuming that the people who are telling these stories weren't physically affectionate with the assumptive party...were you? Because then I could see how that might be misleading.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I was dumped once because after sex I got up and put her jeans on and did a sexy dance. I think she was mad that her jeans fit me. They were tight and bulgy in the crotch though, so who knows.

She must be nuts. This sounds like a hilarious and awesome thing to do after sex.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    People that have never been dumped, good for you but if you don't have any input.. don't put it in.

Thank You !
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it "dumb" but some people might...

I broke up with a guy for being too clingy. He was a good guy, we were friends for awhile then decided to take it beyond friends and he changed completely. I was not okay with him calling literally every 5 minutes until I answered to talk about nothing. I'm not a phone person. Telephone conversations are so awkward to me for some reason. He was a phone guy who always wanted to talk on the phone with me. When we would go out in public, he would always hold my hand. Always. That's cute, but it's a little creepy to go to the bathroom and immediately have your hand mauled the second you walk out. And he did NOT know the meaning of no. We were only together for 2 weeks (1 of which I was in Paris for) if that says anything.

Funny part? My current boyfriend doesn't like the phone either and isn't into PDA. I wish he was. There's a line between cute and ridiculous.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I dumped a crosseyed girl once... she was seeing someone else.

WOW! I love it! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: YOU ARE AWESOME:laugh: :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage.

Ridiculous; by that logic no one who has ever waited for marriage has a good sex life because they didn't "practice" beforehand. To me, that sounds like a way for people to justify sexual promiscuity, no matter what your opinion about premarital sex for religious reasons. I do not believe in premarital sex and my husband and I have a wonderful, intimate, loving, fulfilling, healthy sex life. I had zero experience until him and neither he nor I regret it for a moment. Nor do I feel as though I am missing anything. In a committed relationship, sex is just as much about your feelings for your partner as it is about the physical aspect of things; it's got nothing to do with how practiced you are.

It's not a matter of "practice," it's been established as a manner of sexual compatibility. The idea that "committed relationship sex" gets constantly grouped with "promiscuous sex" is mind boggling to me (See: Jordan Sparks famously saying if you weren't wearing a purity ring, you were a "slut"). You are very lucky that you and your husband managed to click so well... that is not the case for countless couples who have ended up in sexless marriages (not by choice, as asexual couples are a different ballgame), cases of infidelity, and divorces.

If you decide to do that, it's FINE. The issue was the original topic being broached as being "safer" and therefore "better" than having sex before marriage, when that's just not the case. Also, reading "abstinence only" (something that has been proven to have a bigger failure rate than D.A.R.E, which is a notoriously huge fail) factsheets and information is about as biased as it comes. Try reading, I don't know, scientific studies, government sponsored research, etc. All of it points to abstinence only education being downright dangerous, and look up countless psychological studies, relationship surveys, therapist Q & A, etc. that showcase that being sexually intimate prior to marriage strengthens intimacy between a couple, helps a couple determine if they are sexually compatible, etc.

Plus, you know, not everyone gets married... or can get married, but may still be in a committed relationship. I think we all know where the "SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE = EVIL" advocates stand on those issues though -_-
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

That is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ESPECIALLY unbelievable since JW's don't believe in hell........ :huh:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell fire. If he said this to you, it might have been that he was still learning their beliefs and was confused, or you misunderstood him. They do however, follow the Bible's teaching to abstain from sex until married (or to start abstaining, if previously sexually active, once a person decides to follow the Bible's teachings), which happens to be safer physically and emotionally...no unwanted babies for a single-parent, or STDs, embarrassment, regret, etc.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage. Plus this completely skips "contraception" and "safe sex"... you just jumped from "abstinence" to "AIDS BABIES." STDs, unwanted children, and all those other wonderful things you slapped across "premarital sex" are easily avoided with SEX EDUCATION.

Not to mention it's incredibly heteronormative to think that marriage is the only way someone can have a healthy, committed relationship.

If you're going to believe something, fine. But make sure you're believing it for VALID reasons, hm?

I never said it was the ONLY way to avoid those things, but was simply pointing out there are positive aspects of choosing to abstain until married and if someone chooses that for themselves, they should not be chastised for it. I never put down someone else's beliefs in my post. I also never said if they were or were not my own beliefs, but was clarifying that the intial posting was inaccurate about the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses. Have a great day!

Sorry, that was a royal "you"--not you personally, but anyone who would espouse those thought processes.

You didn't point out that those were "positive" aspects... you explicitly said "safer," a comparative term that means what you wrote is better than premarital sex, which isn't an objective truth. Actually, all of the things you just responded with you DIDN'T initially say. Perhaps you should actually say what you mean then instead of grouping things generally and continuing misinformation that has resulted in so much "abstinence only" failures :)

Thanks for the passive aggressive "Have a great day" though! :D (This is passive aggressive too!)

I'm a Jehovah's Witness and yes, we do not believe in hell fire. Also, having sex is a sin if you are not married or if you are married and having sex with someone else besides your mate, you are committing adultery. It is funny how this system of things, which is currently owned by Satan, says it is okay to fornicate and commit adultery. The Bible states that it is wrong. This is Jehovah God's law, not man. Duh! Read Revelation 12:9.

Can't tell if serious...
  • gingerjen7
    Options

I'm a Jehovah's Witness and yes, we do not believe in hell fire. Also, having sex is a sin if you are not married or if you are married and having sex with someone else besides your mate, you are committing adultery. It is funny how this system of things, which is currently owned by Satan, says it is okay to fornicate and commit adultery. The Bible states that it is wrong. This is Jehovah God's law, not man. Duh! Read Revelation 12:9.

Can't tell if serious...
    It contains the words "owned by Satan" so...
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I was recently on a dating website, and of all the guys I spoke to, there were a few winners for reasons why I had to say "You're a very nice person, but I don't think we're a good pair, sorry"

1. You live on the other side of the country, are bossy and rude, younger than me and immature.
    2. I've only talked to you for three days and you manage to make me feel bad about myself instead of making me feel better. You also interrupt me regularly.
    3. You CHEW TOBACCO. #dearGodno
    4. You have gross teeth. #coughhackdie
    5. I don't know anything about you and have no idea what your opinion is about anything because you won't answer any of my questions or speak more than three words to me at a time. <-- three guys fit into that category, actually

And now I'm with someone who is kind, gentle, respectful, loving, generous, caring, courteous, a good listener, is happy, dependable, hard-working... the list goes on. He treats me like a queen and makes me so happy... :blushing: <3 ^_^
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always got dumped or cheated on because I wouldn't "put out".
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I once got dumped for...um...I have usually been the one who broke off the relationships...the one time I got dumped was because "his Mom wasn't cool with our relationship"

you totally dodged a bullet there.
  • The_Fragile
    The_Fragile Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    for having big lips D': idk, weird... 0.o
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    For being too "peppy, happy, and positive". lol His loss.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i just got dumped... reason.... idk.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I was in my teens, I had a guy dump me because my "Rack was too big". What??? It was the craziest thing I ever heard! I still laugh about it now. I think he just wanted to end it and said the first thing that came to mind.
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I once got dumped for having the wrong color of hair. I went on a date with this dude and we had a super great time, no lulls in the conversation, plenty of stuff we agreed on, he was super nice, etc.
    But my hair was cotton candy pink at the time, and he said he 'preferred blondes'
    sorry dude I don't change anything, not even my hair color, for anyone but ME.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    heh... when i was 7 or 8... i got dumped because i wouldnt kiss him........:brokenheart: lol
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    because I was too chunky. He apparently couldn't detect how fukin awesome I am......
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've been dumped once.... When I was 13 hahaha! We were together two weeks, before he wrote on my calendar "xA" (my keyword for breaking up for someone). I didn't know until 3 weeks later Lol