Married Women-Your Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

i think it's harmless. he's not comparing them to you. he's simply passing along a compliment to some anonymous person online to boost their self-confidence.

however, it's he's making provocative posts, that's a different story.
  • beccannes
    Options
    I agree with some of the above posts that it really depends on the couple and the "rules" in the relationship. I do have a very good husband in many respects and I am very secure with our relationship. I guess the thoughts I have for my personal self posting in those type of threads is I really do not need to seek out another man's outlook on me because I have the best man in the world:) He is incredibly handsome and I am very protective of him regarding vixens ;)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Cant your husband see this thread..?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think it's harmless fun. Leave him alone.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on a dating website, so honestly if he did post in something like that I would probably question him about it bit I know he loves me and I have all the faith in our relationship so it wouldn't upset me especially since I get told I'm beautiful every day...
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would be extremely fine with it. I might tease him about it.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    naaa, that wouldn't bother me.

i would only have a problem w him talking to some1 in an inappropriate manner or 'doing' something. commenting on a pic wouldn't even come up on my radar.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think those threads are immature (attention seeking? Seems odd to me to give a flying leap what some random internet person thinks of your looks) so for a married person I would be thinking "Dude, are you 18? Grow up." Haha

Agreed. And my husband would probably laugh at the idea of commenting on a thread like that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that when he reads this, it will open up an honest and enjoyable conversation.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Thank your the responses so far, I really appreciate everyone's input.

I just want to be sure I am not being too sensitive about this.

He has posted maybe about 3-4 times so far-so not too many times-. I have told him how I felt about it and recently saw he posted again since.

Another thread question-"What is sexy about the person above you" how would you guys feel about your hubby posting in that one?

I would be outraged if my husband posted in any topics like this, especially one regarding the sexy-ness of another individual. My husband would probably be even more hurt if I did this as well.
    I am bothered that you mentioned it to your husband and yet he still does it. It doesn't sound like your hubby is doing his part.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think that, if it truly bothers you (even just a little), you should talk to him about it. It's better to be open and honest about your insecurities rather then let them damage your relationship.

Everyone likes to be complimented, so it's natural for your husband to enjoy hearing things that boost his ego. With that being said, I do agree with other posters about having access to online passwords/accounts. This will ensure that you are never left in the dark when it comes to the compliments he does get (and the contacts he accrues.)

Trust is key. If you feel that trust is being affected, no matter the reason, it's better to address the problem head-on.
  • beccannes
    Options
    Eventually he will although this is something I have already talked to him about!
    Cant your husband see this thread..?
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Eh, you either trust him or you don't.

I trust my husband, so if he posted in the "rate the person" thread, I would be more interested in the ppl who rated him and then grill him on how he'd rate me and then throttle him for the wrong answer :laugh:

It is irrational for women to expect men not to look, or want to be looked at. If he started letting it go to his head, I would deflate it for him. After all, he sleeps with me and if his vanity needs stroking then let him have at it. If you don't trust your hubby then you should be dealing with that, rather than where he is posting.

Don't YOU like being looked at by other guys? Especially if you know it's harmless? And don't tell me YOU don't do some looking too... :wink:

Men look. It's a well known fact, they can't help it. If you see something then you see something. All men have eyes. It's another thing to focus and meditate on other women though. Men do have a choice in how they act. To look at another woman, fantasizing and lusting is adultery in your heart.
    I know my husband notices other women. There are some amazingly gorgeous women out there, but he respects me and doesn't drool or spend an inappropriate amount of time taking her in.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes..I can see this thread, yes she has all of my passwords including this one. And I did it a total of like 3 times purely because I was bored and find it entertaining. And admittedly like to see how others perceive me. Nothing wrong with that is there?
  • beccannes
    Options
    Eh, you either trust him or you don't.

I trust my husband, so if he posted in the "rate the person" thread, I would be more interested in the ppl who rated him and then grill him on how he'd rate me and then throttle him for the wrong answer :laugh:

It is irrational for women to expect men not to look, or want to be looked at. If he started letting it go to his head, I would deflate it for him. After all, he sleeps with me and if his vanity needs stroking then let him have at it. If you don't trust your hubby then you should be dealing with that, rather than where he is posting.

Don't YOU like being looked at by other guys? Especially if you know it's harmless? And don't tell me YOU don't do some looking too... :wink:

Men look. It's a well known fact, they can't help it. If you see something then you see something. All men have eyes. It's another thing to focus and meditate on other women though. Men do have a choice in how they act. To look at another woman, fantasizing and lusting is adultery in your heart.
    I know my husband notices other women. There are some amazingly gorgeous women out there, but he respects me and doesn't drool or spend an inappropriate amount of time taking her in.

To me it is not the intial look that matters, because that is human nature as stated above. I would be more of the second glance that I don't think is right!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

I think how YOU/HIM feel about it is more important, bc its your relationship. You can't really ask people how they do things, bc its irrelevant to your circumstance.
    With that said... I feel you. lol

My husband and I have a VERYYYY committed loving relationship...
    I ONE time on here, answered the rate the person above you thread... It was totally laid back and nothing inappropriate or anything... but I immediately felt weird. Because it wasn't something me and my husband would ever do... it made me uncomfortable. SOoooooooo, I've never been back and wouldn't do it again. I don't think he would necessarily mind, I mean its no different than seeing someone online or across the street and saying that person is hot or not. But its not "our thing" so ... I have no reason to go there.
    A lot of other people would think that is weird, or have no problem doing whatever... so that is their life, I have mine, this is yours. Again.... No way to really gauge. There is no "right way" To each their own.
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Why would it bother me? I know where he sleeps at night. I trust him. *shrug*
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Yes..I can see this thread, yes she has all of my passwords including this one. And I did it a total of like 3 times purely because I was bored and find it entertaining. And admittedly like to see how others perceive me. Nothing wrong with that is there?

If it bothers her then you shouldn't do it. Just saying
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Crossing the path of an attractive female and noticing is one thing... going onto a Rate Me or How Sexy Am I thread and rating an attractive female... quite a different thing.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think it's harmless fun. Leave him alone.

OrsenWellesClapping.gif